Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Tecno W3-LTE
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Tecno W3-LTE

Tecno W3-LTE

Pages (2): Previous 1 2
appiahedward
appiahedward
appiahedward
07-12-2016, 12:42 PM

(07-12-2016, 12:38 PM)appiahedward
(07-12-2016, 10:58 AM)kisco May I know if your phone is rooted and is detected by MTK Droid tools

Sent from my Tecno R7 using Hovatek mobile

My phone is not rooted. That's is the reason why I created this thread. I also need help in rooting my phone, but back to your question, I once tried MTK droid tools latest version but it didn't detect my phone. Don't know if I did something wrong.

I am not very experienced in this stuff. If you can, pls. give me the needed assistance to be able to help you.
kisco
kisco
kisco
Enthusiastic Member
07-12-2016, 12:56 PM
Many people have issues rooting their phones, so for me if you won't mind wait a little until there is a straight forward rooting system. Your phone is not detected because you don't have the vcom drivers installed. It can be downloaded at Hovatek Forum or just google for it for your Windows version

appiahedward
appiahedward
appiahedward
07-12-2016, 01:01 PM
(07-12-2016, 12:56 PM)kisco Many people have issues rooting their phones, so for me if you won't mind wait a little until there is a straight forward rooting system. Your phone is not detected because you don't have the vcom drivers installed. It can be downloaded at Hovatek Forum or just google for it for your Windows version

I installed the Vcom drivers and I got notification that it was successfully installed
kisco
kisco
kisco
Enthusiastic Member
07-12-2016, 02:43 PM
Good, now try to see if MTK Droid tools can now detect your phone

hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
08-12-2016, 08:39 AM

(07-12-2016, 01:01 PM)appiahedward I installed the Vcom drivers and I got notification that it was successfully installed

Don't waste your time with MTK Droid tools.
1. What's your phone's Build Number under Settings > About
2. Check my first reply, I already told you how to backup your firmware.
Dump the firmware in scatter format using Miracle Box @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-13347.html (ensure to untick userdata from the list of partitions)
3. Once done, upload the scatter file and recovery.bin online then post the download link here (for rooting)
4. Also, you can then zip the Miracle Box Dump and upload
This post was last modified: 08-12-2016, 08:43 AM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
kisco
kisco
kisco
Enthusiastic Member
08-12-2016, 08:24 PM
This sound good and great, I was only helping Mr. Appiah because mine is completely dead and Mr Appiah is using the same type I meant tecno w3 Lte. I hope Mr Appiah is through so that I can get his back up.

This post was last modified: 08-12-2016, 08:25 PM by kisco.
Pages (2): Previous 1 2