Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] My Canvas A1 isn't fixed by SP flash tool and is now bricked by format+ download mode
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] My Canvas A1 isn't fixed by SP flash tool and is now bricked by format+ download mode

[Please help] My Canvas A1 isn't fixed by SP flash tool and is now bricked by format+ download mode

Poll: Had I made the mistake by choosing format+download only instead of firmware upgrade?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.

YES
0%
Votes 0
NO
0%
Votes 0

Total 0 vote(s) 0%
cybertechedon
cybertechedon
cybertechedon
06-12-2016, 04:52 PM

.png
Screenshot (18).png
Size: 73.83 KB / Downloads: 5
.png
Screenshot (19).png
Size: 111.33 KB / Downloads: 4
[attachment=3063][attachment=3064][attachment=3064][attachment=3063]Hi everyone,

My canvas a1 (aq4501) was on September security patch (6.0.1) [unrooted but bootloader unlocked], but suddenly some Google Play services stopped working. So I switched off the phone but the problem was not fixed. Ultimately, I tried to clear cache & the wipe partition but it continuously showed up with the error ''failed to mount the recovery image". Now on opening the phone, it was stuck in a bootloop.
So, I tried to flash stock lollipop 5.1 rom by sp flash tool (5.152400- latest version) [I've earlier done this before as my rom got corrupted earlier] by download only mode but even after successfully flashing (ok done appeared), the phone's rom was not overwrited and it was still hanging on 6.0.1(MOB31E). So this time I tried to flash marshmallow 6.0 rom but again the problem remain unchanged (device was still at 6.0.1- MOB31E in recovery mode even if the flash was successful as shown up by SP flash tool). 

So now I tried format+download only mode, again the flash was successful but this time not even the OEM logo (micromax logo) appeared and neither did the recovery mode. That means that my device got bricked. So I found this thread of http://forum.xda-developers.com/canv...le-to-t2999760. and found that by firmware upgrade mode, we can get our phone back. But as shown in one of the comments of that thread, they got an error "failed to get pmt info", I got the same error too. So, I am helpless as I can't do anything. I've not tried stock KitKat rom yet and also ensure you that all my drivers are correct as SP flash tool is working flawlessly on my pc.
Please help me to fix this problem..........Is there any way to fix it using android one toolkit?????.....
I've found this thread of yours and found similar problem of this user too..https://www.hovatek.com/forum/showthread...6#pid92586
This post was last modified: 06-12-2016, 05:12 PM by cybertechedon.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
07-12-2016, 04:14 PM
(06-12-2016, 04:52 PM)cybertechedon Hi everyone,
My canvas a1 (aq4501) was on September security patch (6.0.1) [unrooted but bootloader unlocked], but suddenly some Google Play services stopped working. So I switched off the phone but the problem was not fixed. Ultimately, I tried to clear cache & the wipe partition but it continuously showed up with the error ''failed to mount the recovery image". Now on opening the phone, it was stuck in a bootloop.
So, I tried to flash stock lollipop 5.1 rom by sp flash tool (5.152400- latest version) [I've earlier done this before as my rom got corrupted earlier] by download only mode but even after successfully flashing (ok done appeared), the phone's rom was not overwrited and it was still hanging on 6.0.1(MOB31E). So this time I tried to flash marshmallow 6.0 rom but again the problem remain unchanged (device was still at 6.0.1- MOB31E in recovery mode even if the flash was successful as shown up by SP flash tool). 

So now I tried format+download only mode, again the flash was successful but this time not even the OEM logo (micromax logo) appeared and neither did the recovery mode. That means that my device got bricked. So I found this thread of http://forum.xda-developers.com/canv...le-to-t2999760. and found that by firmware upgrade mode, we can get our phone back. But as shown in one of the comments of that thread, they got an error "failed to get pmt info", I got the same error too. So, I am helpless as I can't do anything. I've not tried stock KitKat rom yet and also ensure you that all my drivers are correct as SP flash tool is working flawlessly on my pc.
Please help me to fix this problem..........Is there any way to fix it using android one toolkit?????.....
I've found this thread of yours and found similar problem of this user too..https://www.hovatek.com/forum/showthread...6#pid92586

At this point, the error you're experiencing could be due to a number of reasons.
If you're certain the Kitkat firmware is for your model, lets try it. wipe using format only. If format is successful, try flashing (kitkat) via Download Only.
This post was last modified: 07-12-2016, 04:18 PM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
cybertechedon
cybertechedon
cybertechedon
08-12-2016, 02:38 PM
(07-12-2016, 04:14 PM)hovatek
(06-12-2016, 04:52 PM)cybertechedon Hi everyone,

I've found this thread of yours and found similar problem of this user too..https://www.hovatek.com/forum/showthread.php?mode=linear&tid=15956&pid=92586#pid92586

At this point, the error you're experiencing could be due to a number of reasons.
If you're certain the Kitkat firmware is for your model, lets try it. wipe using format only. If format is successful, try flashing (kitkat) via Download Only.

i think you are not familiar with android one line of devices or either you are misjudging something..... The phone came preloaded with kitkat, 2 years ago but now its running on 6.0.1 and might be soon running 7.1. As i have mentioned earlier I've successfully flashed stock lollipop rom...but as one of the xda thread says that one of the user got stuck by the same error "failed to get pmt info"....I'm just asking as a suggestion whether i should try kitkat rom or not. I am not at all certain whether this will work or not.....One thing i would also like to mention is that few months ago my phone fell in the floor of my house and the internal back of one of the side of the phone got cracked...Since then it is showing signs of rom corruption..as a consequence of this, I had to flash to an older rom due to this problem and then update to newer android via ota...but i don't this is a problem created due to hardware failure.....i just want to solve this "failed to get pmt info" error otherwise each time before using format+download mode the flash was successful.....please check out again yours forum thread https://www.hovatek.com/forum/showthread...6#pid92586..... i hope this might help you in assisting me
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
08-12-2016, 10:42 PM
(08-12-2016, 02:38 PM)cybertechedon i think you are not familiar with android one line of devices or either you are misjudging something..... The phone came preloaded with kitkat, 2 years ago but now its running on 6.0.1 and might be soon running 7.1. As i have mentioned earlier I've successfully flashed stock lollipop rom...but as one of the xda thread says that one of the user got stuck by the same error "failed to get pmt info"....I'm just asking as a suggestion whether i should try kitkat rom or not. I am not at all certain whether this will work or not.....One thing i would also like to mention is that few months ago my phone fell in the floor of my house and the internal back of one of the side of the phone got cracked...Since then it is showing signs of rom corruption..as a consequence of this, I had to flash to an older rom due to this problem and then update to newer android via ota...but i don't this is a problem created due to hardware failure.....i just want to solve this "failed to get pmt info" error otherwise each time before using format+download mode the flash was successful.....please check out again yours forum thread https://www.hovatek.com/forum/showthread...6#pid92586..... i hope this might help you in assisting me

I have an Infinix Hot 2 (Androidone), you can look it up.
I'l try to keep this short.
The base error is failed to get pmt info . Which means the device either doesn't have a well formed partition table layout or the emmc chip is faulty right?
Case 1. It got stuck at bootloop. You tried flashing (writing to the emmc) but no writing was actually done despite the 100% OK,right?
Case 2. You used format+ download and the phone went dead, right?

What could this mean?

This tell tells you that writing to the phone wasn't possible as seen in case 1. but wiping was possible as seen in case 2.
In format+download, the phone is first wiped (and a new partition table layout put in place) before download (where files are written to the newly created partitions).
Apparently, the format part was successful, but not the download.
This brings us back to the chorus; we try to write a valid partition table to the emmc via format.
From my experiences, one firmware might successfully do this where another fails, which is why I suggested you try the Kitkat firmware also since Lollipop and Marshmallow failed.
If this fails then an emmc issue is quite likely but not for sure
This post was last modified: 08-12-2016, 10:48 PM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
cybertechedon
cybertechedon
cybertechedon
10-12-2016, 04:23 AM

(08-12-2016, 10:42 PM)hovatek
(08-12-2016, 02:38 PM)cybertechedon i think you are not familiar with android one line of devices or either you are misjudging something..... The phone came preloaded with kitkat, 2 years ago but now its running on 6.0.1 and might be soon running 7.1. As i have mentioned earlier I've successfully flashed stock lollipop rom...but as one of the xda thread says that one of the user got stuck by the same error "failed to get pmt info"....I'm just asking as a suggestion whether i should try kitkat rom or not. I am not at all certain whether this will work or not.....One thing i would also like to mention is that few months ago my phone fell in the floor of my house and the internal back of one of the side of the phone got cracked...Since then it is showing signs of rom corruption..as a consequence of this, I had to flash to an older rom due to this problem and then update to newer android via ota...but i don't this is a problem created due to hardware failure.....i just want to solve this "failed to get pmt info" error otherwise each time before using format+download mode the flash was successful.....please check out again yours forum thread https://www.hovatek.com/forum/showthread...6#pid92586..... i hope this might help you in assisting me

I have an Infinix Hot 2 (Androidone), you can look it up.
I'l try to keep this short.
The base error is failed to get pmt info . Which means the device either doesn't have a well formed partition table layout or the emmc chip is faulty right?
Case 1. It got stuck at bootloop. You tried flashing (writing to the emmc) but no writing was actually done despite the 100% OK,right?
Case 2. You used format+ download and the phone went dead, right?

What could this mean?

This tell tells you that writing to the phone wasn't possible as seen in case 1. but wiping was possible as seen in case 2.
In format+download, the phone is first wiped (and a new partition table layout put in place) before download (where files are written to the newly created partitions).
Apparently, the format part was successful, but not the download.
This brings us back to the chorus; we try to write a valid partition table to the emmc via format.
From my experiences, one firmware might successfully do this where another fails, which is why I suggested you try the Kitkat firmware also since Lollipop and Marshmallow failed.
If this fails then an emmc issue is quite likely but not for sure
I would like to inform you that the kitkat rom didn't worked, the flash was successful but phone failed to respond this time too. As seen in one of hovatek youtube videos, I also tried to flash first preloader and then the rom but nothing happened in my favor. I want to know that what is an emmc? What role does it play? And how it will be faulty in my case? Is there any other way to recover my phone?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
10-12-2016, 10:05 PM
(10-12-2016, 04:23 AM)cybertechedon I would like to inform you that the kitkat rom didn't worked, the flash was successful but phone failed to respond this time too. As seen in one of hovatek youtube videos, I also tried to flash first preloader and then the rom but nothing happened in my favor. I want to know that what is an emmc? What role does it play? And how it will be faulty in my case? Is there any other way to recover my phone?

Th emmc is your phone's hardware storage. If its bad (as I suspect), you'll have to have it replaced

Note!
cybertechedon
cybertechedon
cybertechedon
12-12-2016, 06:53 AM
(10-12-2016, 10:05 PM)hovatek
(10-12-2016, 04:23 AM)cybertechedon I would like to inform you that the kitkat rom didn't worked, the flash was successful but phone failed to respond this time too. As seen in one of hovatek youtube videos, I also tried to flash first preloader and then the rom but nothing happened in my favor. I want to know that what is an emmc? What role does it play? And how it will be faulty in my case? Is there any other way to recover my phone?

Th emmc is your phone's hardware storage. If its bad (as I suspect), you'll have to have it replaced

So you think the problem is in hardware rather than the software??? Can just the emmc be replaced or the whole SOC will be replaced in my case??
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
12-12-2016, 10:58 AM
(12-12-2016, 06:53 AM)cybertechedon So you think the problem is in hardware rather than the software??? Can just the emmc be replaced or the whole SOC will be replaced in my case??

A lot of the phone's behavior points at a faulty emmc chip.
It can be singly replaced

Note!
Appar Khandelwal
Appar Khandelwal
Appar Khandelwal
Enthusiastic Member
24-04-2019, 01:58 PM
What solution did you get ?
Exact same problem on same device i'm facing !!
Tried all the solution & every rom kitkat lollipop but device not turning on !! Please reply !!
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
24-04-2019, 05:42 PM

(24-04-2019, 01:58 PM)Appar Khandelwal What solution did you get ?
Exact same problem on same device i'm facing !!
Tried all the solution & every rom kitkat lollipop but device not turning on !! Please reply !!

this is someone else's thread, create a new thread for your device issue
see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-514.html for how to create a thread