Hovatek Forum HARDWARE Repairs Keyboard
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Keyboard

Keyboard

erhiskobi
erhiskobi
erhiskobi
23-12-2016, 02:29 AM

Hello, some keys on my laptop keyboard suddenly stopped working. Now it's making it difficult to type with it. Though its working fine just the keyboard issue. Please is there anything I can do. It's a few keys anyways. Backspace, S key and some number keys.

Thanks

Sent from my Infinix-X600-LTE using Hovatek mobile
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
23-12-2016, 03:40 PM
(23-12-2016, 02:29 AM)erhiskobi Hello, some keys on my laptop keyboard suddenly stopped working. Now it's making it difficult to type with it. Though its working fine just the keyboard issue. Please is there anything I can do. It's a few keys anyways. Backspace, S key and some number keys.

Thanks

If soft keyboard works fine then you should have the PC unscrewed and the keyboard cleaned or changed

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
erhiskobi
erhiskobi
erhiskobi
24-12-2016, 08:21 PM
(23-12-2016, 03:40 PM)hovatek
(23-12-2016, 02:29 AM)erhiskobi Hello, some keys on my laptop keyboard suddenly stopped working. Now it's making it difficult to type with it. Though its working fine just the keyboard issue. Please is there anything I can do. It's a few keys anyways. Backspace, S key and some number keys.

Thanks

If soft keyboard works fine then you should have the PC unscrewed and the keyboard cleaned or changed

Thanks for your quick response. But please what's the soft keyboard? Apologies if the question appears dumb.
Thanks.

X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
24-12-2016, 08:42 PM
(24-12-2016, 08:21 PM)erhiskobi Thanks for your quick response. But please what's the soft keyboard? Apologies if the question appears dumb.
Thanks.

Its the same as the on-screen keyboard. (Win + U) > Start on screen keyboard
I'm pretty sure the on-screen keyboard would work properly.

you'll just need to clean or change the main hardware keyboard as @Hovatek already suggested
erhiskobi
erhiskobi
erhiskobi
30-12-2016, 03:50 PM

(24-12-2016, 08:42 PM)X3non
(24-12-2016, 08:21 PM)erhiskobi Thanks for your quick response. But please what's the soft keyboard? Apologies if the question appears dumb.
Thanks.

Its the same as the on-screen keyboard. (Win + U) > Start on screen keyboard
I'm pretty sure the on-screen keyboard would work properly.

you'll just need to clean or change the main hardware keyboard as @Hovatek already suggested

Thanks. Yes the on-screen keyboard works perfectly well. So I'll just clean the hardware keyboard then. Thanks.