Hovatek Forum HARDWARE Repairs Infinix Note 2 not Detecting Signal
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Infinix Note 2 not Detecting Signal

Infinix Note 2 not Detecting Signal

Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3 Next
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
13-01-2017, 10:07 AM

(12-01-2017, 10:32 PM)wilfem Please, in case I later lay my hands on another working X600, what and what do I do on it, so as to make the other one work?
Please do let me know.
Thanks in advance for your assistance.

ensure the second device has the same build as yours then 
backup nvram and secro using miracle box then

then flash these files to your faulty device
refer to https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-14261.html
wilfem
wilfem
wilfem
13-01-2017, 12:40 PM
(13-01-2017, 10:06 AM)hovatek
(12-01-2017, 10:32 PM)wilfem Please, in case I later lay my hands on another working X600, what and what do I do on it, so as to make the other one work?
Please do let me know.

You flash TWRP to both phones.
Backup only Secro & NVRAM from the working one and restore to yours (both via TWRP)
Thanks so much for your response and assistance, I so much appreciate it. But for the successful backup and restoration of the Secro & NVRAM, must the 2 phones be on the same firmware build? Or the build version doesn't matter ?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
13-01-2017, 01:44 PM
(13-01-2017, 12:40 PM)wilfem Thanks so much for your response and assistance, I so much appreciate it. But for the successful backup and restoration of the Secro & NVRAM, must the 2 phones be on the same firmware build? Or the build version doesn't matter ?

Build doesn't matter, so far you stick with just secro and nvram

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
wilfem
wilfem
wilfem
16-01-2017, 07:32 PM
(13-01-2017, 10:06 AM)hovatek
Please do let me know.

You flash TWRP to both phones.
Backup only Secro & NVRAM from the working one and restore to yours (both via TWRP)

For me to successfully use TWRP to do this, Please, I'd like to ask if ROOTING is needed, or I can just go ahead without rooting the 2 devices. Thanks and may God bless you mightily.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
17-01-2017, 08:57 AM

(16-01-2017, 07:32 PM)wilfem For me to successfully use TWRP to do this, Please, I'd like to ask if ROOTING is needed, or I can just go ahead without rooting the 2 devices. Thanks and may God bless you mightily.

You do not have to root

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
wilfem
wilfem
wilfem
17-01-2017, 01:59 PM
(17-01-2017, 08:57 AM)hovatek
(16-01-2017, 07:32 PM)wilfem For me to successfully use TWRP to do this, Please, I'd like to ask if ROOTING is needed, or I can just go ahead without rooting the 2 devices. Thanks and may God bless you mightily.

You do not have to root

I did exactly as you said. Was able to flash TWRP on both the working and the problematic one. Later made backup of NVRAM and Secro, then successfully restored it to the problematic one, but painfully still, NO SIGNAL, yet it'll display the the 2 network names.
I later took my time to back up everything on the working phone and gave back to the owner. So please, what can I do to make it bring out the signals and work?
Thanks for your unwavering support.
maxpayne
maxpayne
maxpayne
Contributor
17-01-2017, 07:13 PM
(17-01-2017, 01:59 PM)wilfem I did exactly as you said. Was able to flash TWRP on both the working and the problematic one. Later made backup of NVRAM and Secro, then successfully restored it to the problematic one, but painfully still, NO SIGNAL, yet it'll display the the 2 network names.
I later took my time to back up everything on the working phone and gave back to the owner. So please, what can I do to make it bring out the signals and work?

Why not downgrade back to Lollipop to see if the problem is solved while in Lollipop.
Make sure you only flash a ROM that matches your Build Number
wilfem
wilfem
wilfem
17-01-2017, 08:40 PM
(17-01-2017, 07:13 PM)maxpayne
(17-01-2017, 01:59 PM)wilfem I did exactly as you said. Was able to flash TWRP on both the working and the problematic one. Later made backup of NVRAM and Secro, then successfully restored it to the problematic one, but painfully still, NO SIGNAL, yet it'll display the the 2 network names.

Why not downgrade back to Lollipop to see if the problem is solved while in Lollipop.
Make sure you only flash a ROM that matches your Build Number
Thank you Maxpayne for your response. I've actually downgraded it back to the 5.1 lollipop it was before the flash, and yet the problem sitll persists. That was even before I tried the backup and restore option, as I was advised by the Hovatek guru
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
18-01-2017, 10:01 AM

This seems like a minor Hardware issue.
On some models, there's a cable that joins the upper section of the Motherboard to the lower section. Changing or disconnecting and reconnecting this cable has fixed two cases I've encountered.
You should have the phone looked at by an experienced hardware technician

Note!
wilfem
wilfem
wilfem
18-01-2017, 12:18 PM

(18-01-2017, 10:01 AM)hovatek

This seems like a minor Hardware issue.
On some models, there's a cable that joins the upper section of the Motherboard to the lower section. Changing or disconnecting and reconnecting this cable has fixed two cases I've encountered.
You should have the phone looked at by an experienced hardware technician

Okay, but which of the cable precisely? Is it the one underneath the battery?
Attached is the hardware section of the phone after carefully loosing it, with the cable connections
This post was last modified: 18-01-2017, 12:19 PM by wilfem.
Attached Files
.jpg
Infinix Note 2 Hardware.jpg
Size: 373.6 KB / Downloads: 6
Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3 Next