Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Flashing errors-alcatel onetouch pop c5 5037x
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Flashing errors-alcatel onetouch pop c5 5037x

[Please help] Flashing errors-alcatel onetouch pop c5 5037x

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
iqra
iqra
iqra
Enthusiastic Member
04-03-2017, 07:46 PM

I tried to flash my alcatel onetouch pop c5 5037x using
sp flash tool v5.1612
the whole firmware is downloaded from firmwarefile.com

At first, I launch the flash tool, select scatter file and use "download only" (with all the files in the firmware folder checked). I get an error "PMT changed for the room it must be downloaded"

After that I use the "format" tab and format the phone using the default options.

then I again try to flash using "download only" but now getting an error
"BROM ERROR: S_NOT_ENOUGH_STORAGE_SPACE (0x3f3)

I use Format+download and firware upgrade but still no luck.

when using latest sp flash tool v5.1648 error is "BROM ERROR: S_NOT_ENOUGH_STORAGE_SPACE (0x3f3)

While with sp flash tool the error is "BROM ERROR: S_NOT_ENOUGH_STORAGE_SPACE (1011)

your help is highly appreciable.
regards.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
06-03-2017, 09:03 AM
(04-03-2017, 07:46 PM)iqra I tried to flash my alcatel onetouch pop c5 5037x using
sp flash tool v5.1612

At first, I launch the flash tool, select scatter file and use "download only" (with all the files in the firmware folder checked). I get an error "PMT changed for the room it must be downloaded"

After that I use the "format" tab and format the phone using the default options.

when using latest sp flash tool v5.1648 error is "BROM ERROR: S_NOT_ENOUGH_STORAGE_SPACE (0x3f3)

While with sp flash tool the error is "BROM ERROR: S_NOT_ENOUGH_STORAGE_SPACE (1011)

regards.

That's a preloader (software) / emmc (hardware) level issue
1. Can you get access to a working phone of the same model?
2. Have you tried using a different firmware
3. How did the phone get bricked in the first place?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
iqra
iqra
iqra
Enthusiastic Member
06-03-2017, 10:32 AM
(06-03-2017, 09:03 AM)hovate That's a preloader (software) / emmc (hardware) level issue
1. Can you get access to a working phone of the same model?
2. Have you tried using a different firmware
3. How did the phone get bricked in the first place?

1. Not personally. I have searched over the internet and someone has uploaded stock rom with images of mobile set too that is similar to my model. The folder contains incorect scatter file format and .img files.

2. Actually after posting the thread i separately download another scatter file , place it in old firmware folder (the one contains old scatter file and .bin files but no .img files). Flash is successful in this case. But on booting now the cell is stuck on the logo or it can goto into recovery mode. I have tried wiping the cache partition and factory reset but no luck.

3. whole scenario is that-my phone was malfunctioning and it gets off when i tap any icon on the screen. Then it get stuck in the boot loop. on pressing power button several times, it just boot only once and then again stuck in boot loop and never boot again. I, then, use recovery option and reset factory but the problem persist. The phone then given to a technician and he flash it and of course charge us a pretty good amount. The result was the phone boots normally, but after some minutes of activity, home screen gets black and again the famous 'boot loop'.
I try to flash, got PMT error, use format option then, got storage error, use another scatter file but with same .bin files and got a successful flash. Now the logo screen and recovery mode.

Ps: images of old scatter file (MT6572_Android_scatter) and new scatter file (MT6572_Android_Scatter_emmc) are attached
Attached Files
.png
Capture2.PNG
Size: 218.27 KB / Downloads: 16
.png
Capture.PNG
Size: 140.68 KB / Downloads: 12
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
06-03-2017, 05:11 PM
(06-03-2017, 10:32 AM)iqra Ps: images of old scatter file (MT6572_Android_scatter) and new scatter file (MT6572_Android_Scatter_emmc) are attached

Can I see a screenshot showing the content of the firmware folder you have
Indicate which one you were able to successfully flash

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
iqra
iqra
iqra
Enthusiastic Member
06-03-2017, 05:47 PM

(06-03-2017, 05:11 PM)hovatek Can I see a screenshot showing the content of the firmware folder you have
Indicate which one you were able to successfully flash

MT6572_Android_scatter.txt is the file which originally comes with all the .bin files and gives "BROM ERROR: s_not_enough_storage"
I replaced the scatter file with MT6572_Android_scatter_emmc.txt and used the previous .bin files and flash successful but ony logo and recovery can be seen.

And now I edit MT6572_Android_scatter.txt using notepad ++ by comparing the both scatter files using scatter analyzer. I delete some of the un necessary partitions (EBR2, CUSTPACK,MOBILE_INGO) since i donot have their .bins in the firmware. By deleting the scatter file has been easily flashed but again only logo..

I am confused between
when I format my whole phone (format with flash option)  then after that what is important recovery.img or recovery.bin because I noticed if i flash recovery.bin only then I can get into recovery after flsah using power and vol+ key but not with the recovery.img.

Also system.img or system.bin
boot.img or bootimg.bin?

ps:
1.png is when i get first successfu flash
2. all the .img and .bins and scatterfiles
Attached Files
.png
1.PNG
Size: 35.38 KB / Downloads: 32
.txt
MT6572_Android_scatter_emmc.txt
Size: 479 bytes / Downloads: 79
.txt
MT6572_Android_scatter.txt
Size: 8.42 KB / Downloads: 41
.png
2.PNG
Size: 27.26 KB / Downloads: 30
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
06-03-2017, 08:18 PM
(06-03-2017, 05:47 PM)iqra ps:
1.png is when i get first successfu flash
2. all the .img and .bins and scatterfiles

Put that emmc scatter file aside for now.
From your screenshot, I believe the firmware was originally meant to be flashed using a chinese box.
Try flashing the firmware (with .bin files and don't replace the scatter file) using Miracle Box @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-14106.html

Note!
iqra
iqra
iqra
Enthusiastic Member
06-03-2017, 09:55 PM
Put that emmc scatter file aside for now.
From your screenshot, I believe the firmware was originally meant to be flashed using a chinese box.
Try flashing the firmware (with .bin files and don't replace the scatter file) using Miracle Box @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-14106.html
[/quote]

There are issues in extracting the box. When I extract I got 4-5 file (1.png)
while on only opening and not extracting the folder contains many (2.png)
so could not be able to run the application.

Are'nt there lisc. free chinese boxes available for flashing? since miracle box requires liscense key.
iqra
iqra
iqra
Enthusiastic Member
06-03-2017, 09:56 PM
(06-03-2017, 09:55 PM)iqra Put that emmc scatter file aside for now.

There are issues in extracting the box. When I extract I got 4-5 file (1.png)

Are'nt there lisc. free chinese boxes available for flashing? since miracle box requires liscense key.
[/quote]
Attached Files
.png
1.PNG
Size: 15.28 KB / Downloads: 10
.png
2.PNG
Size: 28.59 KB / Downloads: 4
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
07-03-2017, 09:35 AM
(06-03-2017, 09:56 PM)iqra There are issues in extracting the box. When I extract I got 4-5 file (1.png)

Disable your antivirus temporarily then retry

Note!
madi.karlos
madi.karlos
madi.karlos
26-12-2017, 06:34 PM

(04-03-2017, 07:46 PM)iqra I tried to flash my alcatel onetouch pop c5 5037x using
sp flash tool v5.1612

regards.

I face same issue but my phone totally dead after some one try to flash my phone from Android 4.2.2 to Android 5.
The person did not make a back up before he flash my phone. So we try to search in the internet the stock rom and we found few but all their files got password, we already ask the password from them.. until today none of them reply.

My info as below :
ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 5037X
5037X - 2ADHMY1

Kindly advise me where can I download the stock rom for my phone.

Your helps is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Pages (2): 1 2 Next