Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android bootloop after flashing custom rom
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

bootloop after flashing custom rom

bootloop after flashing custom rom

XenaMoon
XenaMoon
XenaMoon
Enthusiastic Member
28-03-2017, 06:55 PM

Hello! I have flashed a custom rom for TRUE SPEEDY 4.0 to my Allview P6 Pro.They're both MT6735m and the system is 5.1 for both of them,but after flashing the phone logo shows but the screen keeps flashing(logo pops on and off). Any idea what should I do? I really want to get rid of the bad stock rom.
freshtyt
freshtyt
freshtyt
28-03-2017, 09:02 PM
(28-03-2017, 06:55 PM)XenaMoon Hello! I have flashed a custom rom for TRUE SPEEDY 4.0 to my Allview P6 Pro.They're both MT6735m and the system is 5.1 for both of them,but after flashing the phone logo shows but the screen keeps flashing(logo pops on and off). Any idea what should I do? I really want to get rid of the bad stock rom.

try doing a factory reset in recovery mode then see if it boots properly
note that just because both devices are using the same chipset doesn't necessarily mean that you can interchange their firmwares.
BTW what exactly is wrong with your stock rom?
XenaMoon
XenaMoon
XenaMoon
Enthusiastic Member
28-03-2017, 09:41 PM
(28-03-2017, 09:02 PM)freshtyt
(28-03-2017, 06:55 PM)XenaMoon Hello! I have flashed a custom rom for TRUE SPEEDY 4.0 to my Allview P6 Pro.They're both MT6735m and the system is 5.1 for both of them,but after flashing the phone logo shows but the screen keeps flashing(logo pops on and off). Any idea what should I do? I really want to get rid of the bad stock rom.

try doing a factory reset in recovery mode then see if it boots properly
note that just because both devices are using the same chipset doesn't necessarily mean that you can interchange their firmwares.
BTW what exactly is wrong with your stock rom?

It's extremely buggy.The company from which I got this phone does not take time to develop properly the ROM.You can't even update,because it just restarts and the updates are getting worse.I'm waiting for a 6.0 rom from them,maybe that will be a gamechanger.Is there anyway that I can find someone to make me a custom rom compatible with my phone,by any chance?
freshtyt
freshtyt
freshtyt
29-03-2017, 10:17 PM
(28-03-2017, 09:41 PM)XenaMoon It's extremely buggy.The company from which I got this phone does not take time to develop properly the ROM.You can't even update,because it just restarts and the updates are getting worse.I'm waiting for a 6.0 rom from them,maybe that will be a gamechanger.Is there anyway that I can find someone to make me a custom rom compatible with my phone,by any chance?

not entirely sure what you mean when you say the rom is buggy.
do you mean bloatwares or device malfunctioning or something else?
if they haven't released a marshmallow update for the device after all this time (and nougat is now taking over), do you still think they would?
BTW did you try the factory reset?
XenaMoon
XenaMoon
XenaMoon
Enthusiastic Member
31-03-2017, 09:05 AM

(29-03-2017, 10:17 PM)freshtyt
(28-03-2017, 09:41 PM)XenaMoon It's extremely buggy.The company from which I got this phone does not take time to develop properly the ROM.You can't even update,because it just restarts and the updates are getting worse.I'm waiting for a 6.0 rom from them,maybe that will be a gamechanger.Is there anyway that I can find someone to make me a custom rom compatible with my phone,by any chance?

not entirely sure what you mean when you say the rom is buggy.
do you mean bloatwares or device malfunctioning or something else?
if they haven't released a marshmallow update for the device after all this time (and nougat is now taking over), do you still think they would?
BTW did you try the factory reset?
You can't answer calls,it gets stuck sometimes when i want to unlock the phone,internal memory just gets occupied even though i'm not installing anything. I did try the factory reset but no cigar,the bootloop was still there.
freshtyt
freshtyt
freshtyt
31-03-2017, 09:00 PM
(31-03-2017, 09:05 AM)XenaMoon You can't answer calls,it gets stuck sometimes when i want to unlock the phone,internal memory just gets occupied even though i'm not installing anything. I did try the factory reset but no cigar,the bootloop was still there.

thats quite a lot of bugs
did you have this bugs before or after you started updated the device?
if after, then i'll advice that you should revert back to stock rom and defer all updates