Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android [Please help] Downgrade Infinix X551 to 4.4
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Downgrade Infinix X551 to 4.4

[Please help] Downgrade Infinix X551 to 4.4

Hayordejee
Hayordejee
Hayordejee
Respected Member
04-04-2017, 11:22 AM

Hello
Please I actually bought an Infinix X551 hot note that came with OS 5.1.
But due to some inconveniences, I want to downgrade it to 4.4 so I downloaded the Stock backup here on hovatek.
At first I tried using the Infinix Flash tool and I got an error like usrdata not found, it must be downloaded.

So I switched to sp flash tool and I'm getting a DRAM Failed error.
After checking the flash files, I noticed user data and cache were missing but If I try re flashing the Os 5.1, that one do work.
I don't know if there's a way you can help me.

And I really need to downgrade but I don't want do download the stock again due to network ish.

Thanks.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
04-04-2017, 02:46 PM
(04-04-2017, 11:22 AM)Hayordejee Hello
But due to some inconveniences, I want to downgrade it to 4.4 so I downloaded the Stock backup here on hovatek.
At first I tried using the Infinix Flash tool and I got an error like usrdata not found, it must be downloaded.

After checking the flash files, I noticed user data and cache were missing but If I try re flashing the Os 5.1, that one do work.

And I really need to downgrade but I don't want do download the stock again due to network ish.

Thanks.

If your phone shipped with 5.1 then none of the X551 4.* firmware will work smoothly (if at all your phone is able to boot up). Yours is a different variant so what you're looking for is some form of Build update or custom ROM, not a downgrade

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Hayordejee
Hayordejee
Hayordejee
Respected Member
04-04-2017, 02:57 PM
(04-04-2017, 02:46 PM)hovatek
(04-04-2017, 11:22 AM)Hayordejee Hello

Thanks.

If your phone shipped with 5.1 then none of the X551 4.* firmware will work smoothly (if at all your phone is able to boot up). Yours is a different variant so what you're looking for is some form of Build update or custom ROM, not a downgrade

Wow, now I understand but is there a 4* custom rom available for it because this 5.1 that actually came with it is kinda lagging
This post was last modified: 04-04-2017, 02:58 PM by Hayordejee.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
04-04-2017, 08:07 PM
(04-04-2017, 02:57 PM)Hayordejee Wow, now I understand but is there a 4* custom rom available for it because this 5.1 that actually came with it is kinda lagging

You might want to forget 4.x . Look for Lollipop custom ROMs for your X551's RAM & ROM

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Hayordejee
Hayordejee
Hayordejee
Respected Member
05-04-2017, 08:05 AM

(04-04-2017, 08:07 PM)hovatek
(04-04-2017, 02:57 PM)Hayordejee Wow, now I understand but is there a 4* custom rom available for it because this 5.1 that actually came with it is kinda lagging

You might want to forget 4.x . Look for Lollipop custom ROMs for your X551's RAM & ROM

OK
Thanks
But I'm facing a new problem.

I decided to flash in the stock 5.1 ROM, the sim cards were showing then it brought a system update which I did and after the update, the sim cards stopped showing. Now saying No Sim cards and I've tried all sorts of troubleshooting like restarting several times and even switching the sims and trying other sims on it still yet the same thing.

Another thing, in settings>About Baseband is unknown
This post was last modified: 05-04-2017, 08:33 AM by Hayordejee.
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
05-04-2017, 08:28 AM
(05-04-2017, 08:05 AM)Hayordejee

OK
Thanks

I decided to flash in the stock 5.1 ROM, the sim cards were showing then it brought a system update which I did and after the update, the sim cards stopped showing. Now saying No Sim cards and I've tried all sorts of troubleshooting like restarting several times and even switching the sims and trying other sims on it still yet the same thing.

I noticed the imei are saying invalid imei so I think that's the problem so I tried changing the imei with Engineering tools but I'm getting an error AT is failed to send.

I used the imei at the back of the phone and even tried generating new ones, the same thing.

Have you checked whether your baseband is valid.

Sent from my Z10 using Hovatek mobile
Hayordejee
Hayordejee
Hayordejee
Respected Member
05-04-2017, 08:41 AM
(05-04-2017, 08:28 AM)innagee
(05-04-2017, 08:05 AM)Hayordejee

OK
Thanks

I noticed the imei are saying invalid imei so I think that's the problem so I tried changing the imei with Engineering tools but I'm getting an error AT is failed to send.

I used the imei at the back of the phone and even tried generating new ones, the same thing.

Have you checked whether your baseband is valid.

Sent from my Z10 using Hovatek mobile

Baseband is Unknown
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
05-04-2017, 10:14 AM
(05-04-2017, 08:41 AM)Hayordejee Baseband is Unknown

Please, create a new thread for this to avoid a mixup
see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-514.html for how to create a thread

Note!