Hovatek Forum GENERAL General Discussions How to clear the GOTV E48-32 error (Searching for Signal)
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

How to clear the GOTV E48-32 error (Searching for Signal)

How to clear the GOTV E48-32 error (Searching for Signal)

Keslar
Keslar
Keslar
19-04-2017, 10:00 AM

It could get rather frustrating when the E48-32 error pops up while watching your favorite TV show. On several occasions, I'd threatened to stop using GOTV because it just kept coming up at annoying intervals, until I figured out how to fix it.

See, when you get the E48-32 error, it means there's a signal detection issue. You would get a lot of this when its raining or very windy. It could also point at an issue with your cable connection. When you get the E48-32 error, just wait it out and your signal should be back up on its own. If the error persists for over 3 minutes then the first thing you want to do is check your signal strength.

How to check GOTV signal strength
  • On your GOTV remote control, select Menu (lower left corner)
  • You navigate using the arrow buttons (which are arranged into a circle a little above the center) and select using OK
  • In the GOTV menu bar (by the left), select Advanced Options
  • Under Advanced options, select Signal Information
  • What you need to look out for is Strength. If its below 70% then you need to adjust the cable leading to the antenna
  • To return, press the Exit button

Adjusting the antenna cable

In my case, the GOTV decoder isn't connected directly to the Antenna, it's connected into a wall socket which is in turn connected to the outdoor antenna. This setup is pretty neat so my interior isn't defaced by visible wiring. Here's a picture of my setup below

[Image: GOTV-Antenna-connection-1.jpg]

Now, when I got the Error E48-32, I checked my Signal Strength and it was at a disappointing 30%

[Image: GOTV-low-signal-strength-2.jpg]

On adjusting my cable, it shot up to 70%, error gone. With more adjustment, I could get 100% quality and over 90% signal strength.

[Image: GOTV-high-signal-strength-1.jpg]

The frequent error E48-32 was as a result of poor positioning of the internal cable on my path. Packing the cable properly and shortening the length helped reduced the occurrence of this error only to times of bad weather. This could also be caused by poor antenna positioning
This post was last modified: 15-01-2018, 12:49 PM by hovatek.
Keslar
Keslar
Keslar
19-04-2017, 10:07 AM
L.Geetha says:
January 14, 2017 at 4:24 pm
I am getting Sun Tv All channels and all news channels and vijay Tv. OTHER CHANNELS ERROR E48-32 no signal is appearing. What is the problem?

L.Geetha.

olayemi says:
January 19, 2017 at 4:31 pm
pls what of E16

olayemi says:
January 19, 2017 at 4:33 pm
what of how to check E16 error on GOTV

Tayo says:
January 29, 2017 at 7:36 pm
This was really helpful

Tayo says:
January 29, 2017 at 7:37 pm
I tried adjusting my cable and it’s so clear now.

Apreciate
This post was last modified: 19-04-2017, 10:08 AM by Keslar.