Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] my Tecno Boom j8 is not switiching on nor coming up again
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Please help] my Tecno Boom j8 is not switiching on nor coming up again

[Please help] my Tecno Boom j8 is not switiching on nor coming up again

Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3 Next
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
25-05-2017, 10:56 AM

(24-05-2017, 07:43 PM)Charlae4ive
(24-05-2017, 04:55 PM)X3non
(24-05-2017, 04:02 PM)Charlae4ive Please when I connect my device to the Sp flash tool. Nothing happened and nothing flashed please what should I do???

BUT WHEN I PRESS THE VOLUME UP BUTTON PLUS THE POWER BUTTON IT BRINGS SOMETHING IN RED AND SAYS DOWNLOAD DA 100% AND BRING UP ERORR MESSAGE CHECK THE ATTACHMENT. THANKS.

have you tried the fixes @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-439.html ?

I wanted to but I don't have the preloader file for boom j8. Can you help providing it for me?? Since the phone is finally dead and again it is not making any sound when i connect it to the laptop and doesnt show on the device manager list too

You can also try backing up another working Tecno J8 ROM and write on your's, do you have access to a working J8?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
25-05-2017, 10:58 AM
(24-05-2017, 07:43 PM)Charlae4ive I wanted to but I don't have the preloader file for boom j8. Can you help providing it for me?? Since the phone is finally dead and again it is not making any sound when i connect it to the laptop and doesnt show on the device manager list too

From what you've described so far, there are 2 possibilities:
1. Damaged / drained battery
2. Faulty emmc chip

Power off the phone , take out and reinsert the battery.
Next, connect to PC while holding only volume down button (try only volume up too).
I want to know if the PC begins installing any drivers and also if the PC makes a connection-disconnection sound once or continuously

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Charlae4ive
Charlae4ive
Charlae4ive
25-05-2017, 11:23 AM
(25-05-2017, 10:56 AM)innagee
(24-05-2017, 07:43 PM)Charlae4ive
(24-05-2017, 04:55 PM)X3non
(24-05-2017, 04:02 PM)Charlae4ive Please when I connect my device to the Sp flash tool. Nothing happened and nothing flashed please what should I do???

BUT WHEN I PRESS THE VOLUME UP BUTTON PLUS THE POWER BUTTON IT BRINGS SOMETHING IN RED AND SAYS DOWNLOAD DA 100% AND BRING UP ERORR MESSAGE CHECK THE ATTACHMENT. THANKS.

have you tried the fixes @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-439.html ?

I wanted to but I don't have the preloader file for boom j8. Can you help providing it for me?? Since the phone is finally dead and again it is not making any sound when i connect it to the laptop and doesnt show on the device manager list too

You can also try backing up another working Tecno J8 ROM and write on your's, do you have access to a working J8?

AH, please i don't have ACCESS to any other J8 device  oo, what else can i do PLEASE?
Charlae4ive
Charlae4ive
Charlae4ive
25-05-2017, 11:45 AM
(25-05-2017, 10:58 AM)hovatek
(24-05-2017, 07:43 PM)Charlae4ive I wanted to but I don't have the preloader file for boom j8. Can you help providing it for me?? Since the phone is finally dead and again it is not making any sound when i connect it to the laptop and doesnt show on the device manager list too

From what you've described so far, there are 2 possibilities:
1. Damaged / drained battery
2. Faulty emmc chip

Power off the phone , take out and reinsert the battery.
Next, connect to PC while holding only volume down button (try only volume up too).
I want to know if the PC begins installing any drivers and also if the PC makes a connection-disconnection sound once or continuously

Good morning
1. i am thinking so too maybe the battery is spoil  or something, but during the time i was using the device the battery still works fine and when it got dead that was when i charge it and when tuned on, it stuck on the boot page before i force shut it down.
2. yes that is true when i connect to the PC holding volume buttons only(up and down) nothing happens but when i hold the power button with the volume up button it makes a sound of connection and disconnection just once and nothing else happened. and again there has been device installation occurrence on Tuesday after it didn't work again that i connect it to the PC and hold volume up button with the power button that same day but when i connect it again and hold volume buttons with power button nothing like device installation anymore.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
25-05-2017, 06:46 PM

(25-05-2017, 11:45 AM)Charlae4ive Good morning
1. i am thinking so too maybe the battery is spoil  or something, but during the time i was using the device the battery still works fine and when it got dead that was when i charge it and when tuned on, it stuck on the boot page before i force shut it down.
2. yes that is true when i connect to the PC holding volume buttons only(up and down) nothing happens but when i hold the power button with the volume up button it makes a sound of connection and disconnection just once and nothing else happened. and again there has been device installation occurrence on Tuesday after it didn't work again that i connect it to the PC and hold volume up button with the power button that same day but when i connect it again and hold volume buttons with power button nothing like device installation anymore.

If a different battery doesn't help then consider a motherboard jumper @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-11802.html . If that doesn't help too then it would seem its an emmc chip issue

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Charlae4ive
Charlae4ive
Charlae4ive
25-05-2017, 09:46 PM
(25-05-2017, 06:46 PM)hovatek

If a different battery doesn't help then consider a motherboard jumper @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-11802.html  . If that doesn't help too then it would seem its an emmc chip issue

so  you are saying i should try another battery right?
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
26-05-2017, 09:17 AM
(25-05-2017, 09:46 PM)Charlae4ive

If a different battery doesn't help then consider a motherboard jumper @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-11802.html  . If that doesn't help too then it would seem its an emmc chip issue

Yes, try another battery first, Before trying the motherboard jumper method, from the above link.
This post was last modified: 26-05-2017, 09:18 AM by xerxes.
Charlae4ive
Charlae4ive
Charlae4ive
26-05-2017, 02:57 PM
(26-05-2017, 09:17 AM)innagee
(25-05-2017, 09:46 PM)Charlae4ive

Yes, try another battery first, Before trying the motherboard jumper method, from the above link.

Big problem. No way to get tecno j8 battery been searching since.. That's so sad oh God
emma kay
emma kay
emma kay
20-12-2018, 04:23 AM
pls i plug my Tecno J8 and sleep only to wake up and unplug it, on trying to receive call the touch wont respond so i thought it was the screen guard. i remove still not responding, i hand reset it still not responding till now and its 3days now. pls i need your help what should i do
emma kay
emma kay
emma kay
20-12-2018, 04:27 AM

pls i plug my Tecno J8 and sleep only to wake up and unplug it, on trying to receive call the touch wont respond so i thought it was the screen guard. i remove still not responding, i hand reset it still not responding till now and its 3days now. pls i need your help what should i do
Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3 Next