Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Cant Install New OTA on Tecno Phantom 6 Plus with Unlocked Bootloader
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Cant Install New OTA on Tecno Phantom 6 Plus with Unlocked Bootloader

[Please help] Cant Install New OTA on Tecno Phantom 6 Plus with Unlocked Bootloader

rhino
rhino
rhino
Enthusiastic Member
10-06-2017, 05:20 PM

Hello everyone/anyone Smile ,, Hope you're having a good day !??
I'm having issues with installing the new (v124) OTA update ,, i download the update thrice ,, but anytime the zip file finishes downloading and unpacking ,, i hit install .... The device wil reboot to recovery ,, show hios and start installing the update ,, just a few seconds and it will show HIos command with an exclamation mark ,, i will have to reboot it from the recovery ...
I tried checking my Ext. SD card to see if i can find the UPDATE.ZIP file ,, but i cant find ,, or maybe someone tell me where to look for it again ,, cuz i search and search ,, but its nowhere to be found Smile
So! i was wondering what seems to be the problem ,, i wiped the device ,, So! it has no root access ,, the bootloader is what am suspecting (its unlocked) ....
Am on the v114 update ,, i want to install the new v124 ,, Anyone that have a suggestion or any idea on how to fix this should help me please ,, Thanks Smile ...
Update::: I tried relocking the bootloader,, I relocked the bootloader successfully,, but still the OTA ain't installing...
This post was last modified: 10-06-2017, 07:16 PM by rhino. Edit Reason: Updates
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
11-06-2017, 08:40 AM
(10-06-2017, 05:20 PM)rhino Hello everyone/anyone Smile ,, Hope you're having a good day !??
I'm having issues with installing the new (v124) OTA update ,, i download the update thrice ,, but anytime the zip file finishes downloading and unpacking ,, i hit install .... The device wil reboot to recovery ,, show hios and start installing the update ,, just a few seconds and it will show HIos command with an exclamation mark ,, i will have to reboot it from the recovery ...
I tried checking my Ext. SD card to see if i can find the UPDATE.ZIP file ,, but i cant find ,, or maybe someone tell me where to look for it again ,, cuz i search and search ,, but its nowhere to be found Smile
So! i was wondering what seems to be the problem ,, i wiped the device ,, So! it has no root access ,, the bootloader is what am suspecting (its unlocked) ....
Am on the v114 update ,, i want to install the new v124 ,, Anyone that have a suggestion or any idea on how to fix this should help me please ,, Thanks Smile ...
Update::: I tried relocking the bootloader,, I relocked the bootloader successfully,, but still the OTA ain't installing...

Run System (root integrity) test in stock recovery and tell me the result

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
rhino
rhino
rhino
Enthusiastic Member
11-06-2017, 03:10 PM
(11-06-2017, 08:40 AM)hovatek
(10-06-2017, 05:20 PM)rhino Hello everyone/anyone Smile ,, Hope you're having a good day !??

Run System (root integrity) test in stock recovery and tell me the result

Okay ,, Here It Is .... It Seems The Modified Boot.img Is The Problem ,, I Even Re root the Device ,, Find the Update.zip file and Tried Flasfire ,, but no luck ... I Decided To Choose The Option Of Reflashing Stock Recovery and Stock Boot file ,, but still it wont just work ... I Guess The problem is there's no stock Rom for The Phantom 6 plus online ,, I could've flashed it and hopefully it might work ,, Anyways Thanks ,, Heres The Image .....
[Image: t4Hcobcr.jpg]
This post was last modified: 11-06-2017, 03:12 PM by rhino. Edit Reason: updates
freshtyt
freshtyt
freshtyt
12-06-2017, 11:11 AM
(11-06-2017, 03:10 PM)rhino Okay ,, Here It Is .... It Seems The Modified Boot.img Is The Problem ,, I Even Re root the Device ,, Find the Update.zip file and Tried Flasfire ,, but no luck ... I Decided To Choose The Option Of Reflashing Stock Recovery and Stock Boot file ,, but still it wont just work ... I Guess The problem is there's no stock Rom for The Phantom 6 plus online ,, I could've flashed it and hopefully it might work ,, Anyways Thanks ,, Heres  The Image .....

from the screenshot, boot partition seems to have been tampered with alongside system partition.
if you can get access to another phantom 6 plus same build as yours that has never been rooted,
you can try booting into TWRP (dont flash supersu) > perform a backup of boot and system partition.
then restore the backup onto your device.

if you haven't found the update.zip yet, 
when you are done downloading the update, dont install it yet
use a file manager and check the root of your SD card / internal storage, you should find the update package there.
rhino
rhino
rhino
Enthusiastic Member
12-06-2017, 11:33 AM

(12-06-2017, 11:11 AM)freshtyt
(11-06-2017, 03:10 PM)rhino Okay ,, Here It Is .... It Seems The Modified Boot.img Is The Problem ,, I Even Re root the Device ,, Find the Update.zip file and Tried Flasfire ,, but no luck ... I Decided To Choose The Option Of Reflashing Stock Recovery and Stock Boot file ,, but still it wont just work ... I Guess The problem is there's no stock Rom for The Phantom 6 plus online ,, I could've flashed it and hopefully it might work ,, Anyways Thanks ,, Heres  The Image .....

from the screenshot, boot partition seems to have been tampered with alongside system partition.
if you can get access to another phantom 6 plus same build as yours that has never been rooted,
you can try booting into TWRP (dont flash supersu) > perform a backup of boot and system partition.
then restore the backup onto your device.

if you haven't found the update.zip yet, 
when you are done downloading the update, dont install it yet
use a file manager and check the root of your SD card / internal storage, you should find the update package there.
Yeah! Thats what i noticed ,, The Boot And Some System Partitions Where Modified ,, I Found The Update.zip ,, I Tried Using TWRP and Flashfire To Install It ,, But No Success ,, The OTA was A Block-level OTA ... If A Single Change Is Made To The System ,, Then The OTA Will fail ...
The Problem Is I Cant Get The Phantom 6 Plus Stock Rom ,, Nr Do I Have Anyone That Have Same Device ,, I Guess I Will Have To Forget About The OTA ,, Till Hovatek Or Till I Can Get The Stock Rom Online ,, Anyways - Thanks Alot Bruh! Smile ...