Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android TECNO CX AIR - BOOT LOOP
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

TECNO CX AIR - BOOT LOOP

TECNO CX AIR - BOOT LOOP

Pages (2): Previous 1 2
kras4naija
kras4naija
kras4naija
Enthusiastic Member
26-06-2017, 09:53 PM

(26-06-2017, 07:17 PM)peter osoro Kindly use miracle box
And example is the tecno c9 rom that was dumped using miracle box by Hovatek gives you errors when you try using sp flash tool and will successfully flash using miracle box
And just flash recovery.img

Sent from my TECNO Camon CX using Hovatek mobile

Thanks peter.

I have tried Miracle box, however there two issues again, not new though.

1, The inital flash error which led to the boot loop means the usual 'Downloading Boot8' in Miracle Box gives Err 2.
Google search suggest that I do "format" before "write" but now I am becoming cautious of trying new things without being very sure.

2, Also, the boot loop I guess have killed the battery of the phone such that I can't get to see the current charge even when I plug it into power without powering it up. It is currently plugged to power at the moment though with the boot loop is in full effect.

Any ideas that can help?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
27-06-2017, 12:23 PM
(26-06-2017, 09:53 PM)kras4naija Thanks peter.

I have tried Miracle box, however there two issues again, not new though.

1, The inital flash error which led to the boot loop means the usual 'Downloading Boot8' in Miracle Box gives Err 2.
Google search suggest that I do "format" before "write" but now I am becoming cautious of trying new things without being very sure.

2, Also, the boot loop I guess have killed the battery of the phone such that I can't get to see the current charge even when I plug it into power without powering it up. It is currently plugged to power at the moment though with the boot loop is in full effect.

Any ideas that can help?

Can you have the battery taken out for you?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
kras4naija
kras4naija
kras4naija
Enthusiastic Member
27-06-2017, 01:23 PM
Not at all, can't do that.

My last gap effort is to try charge the phone for a couple more hours (just plug it into power) and try the Miracle box again using the FORMAT option first on all partitions except system, userdata and cache (by deleting these 3 partition reference from the scatter file).

If format works, I would then do WRITE back to the formatted partitions or the entire phone.

The thing is I have called carlcare since Friday, and I would be taking the phone to them tomorrow, so I can't void the warranty just yet.

My current efforts are to avoid making that trip, speaking grammar while I get there and save all the waiting time at carlcare office.

Any comments on my plan would be greatly appreciated.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
27-06-2017, 10:32 PM
(27-06-2017, 01:23 PM)kras4naija Not at all, can't do that.

My last gap effort is to try charge the phone for a couple more hours (just plug it into power) and try the Miracle box again using the FORMAT option first on all partitions except system, userdata and cache (by deleting these 3 partition reference from the scatter file).

If format works, I would then do WRITE back to the formatted partitions or the entire phone.

The thing is I have called carlcare since Friday, and I would be taking the phone to them tomorrow, so I can't void the warranty just yet.

My current efforts are to avoid making that trip, speaking grammar while I get there and save all the waiting time at carlcare office.

Any comments on my plan would be greatly appreciated.

Charge the battery a while but don't format yet. The Err 2 sometimes just requires several attempts

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
kras4naija
kras4naija
kras4naija
Enthusiastic Member
02-07-2017, 01:45 PM

(27-06-2017, 10:32 PM)hovatek Charge the battery a while but don't format yet. The Err 2 sometimes just requires several attempts

So guys, I have been able to fix my phone at Carlcare . . thanks for all the help and show of concern

Now back to what caused the issue at the onset "HOW TO ROOT TECNO CAMON CX AIR"

I read and applied this post 'https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-13347.html' yesterday in preparation for uploading the scatter file and recovery.img as required by this post 'https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-189...10928.html'.

But to my utter surprise, my working CX Air still popped up the Err 2 during the Miracle Read process.

Any thoughts on how to solve this?

PS: I have not done anything like OEM unlock via fastboot or anything that can take me down to carlcare  Smile
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
03-07-2017, 01:13 PM
(02-07-2017, 01:45 PM)kras4naija So guys, I have been able to fix my phone at Carlcare . . thanks for all the help and show of concern

Now back to what caused the issue at the onset "HOW TO ROOT TECNO CAMON CX AIR"

I read and applied this post 'https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-13347.html' yesterday in preparation for uploading the scatter file and recovery.img as required by this post 'https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-189...10928.html'.

But to my utter surprise, my working CX Air still popped up the Err 2 during the Miracle Read process.

Any thoughts on how to solve this?

PS: I have not done anything like OEM unlock via fastboot or anything that can take me down to carlcare  Smile

Create a new thread for this so we focus on it

Note!
Pages (2): Previous 1 2