Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android Tecno W3 LTE won't boot to TWRP recovery after flashing
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Tecno W3 LTE won't boot to TWRP recovery after flashing

Tecno W3 LTE won't boot to TWRP recovery after flashing

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
pjack17
pjack17
pjack17
Enthusiastic Member
27-09-2017, 06:13 AM

I flashed TWRP on my tecno W3 using sp flash tool, after it went successfully, i powered my phone into recovery mode with the right combination of keys. But it wont boot into anything, but when i power it into normal mode, it goes successfully..and then i switch off and boot into recovery mode with the same combination of keys i used after flashing, it end up into stock recovery. It's like my phone is locked from booting into custom recoveries(even after unlocking the bootloader), and then it overwrites the custom recovery with stock after booting into normal mode. Is there any way i can get my phone to accept custom recoveries, and i have no root thats why im trying to flash a custom recovery first.

Also: I tried to use adb to boot into fastboot mode and boot into the same custom recovery i have by the command: fastboot boot <filename.img here>..but i didnt boot into anything, it just boot normally like i restarted my phone. I even tried to flash the img file in fastboot mode and then boot up with the fastboot command mentioned above, but it just boots into normal mode.

Specs
Model: Tecno W3LTE W3LTE-H356D1-M-161216V55
Chipset: MTK 6735M
CPU architect: armx64
Android SDK: 23
Android version: Marshamallow 6.0
Bootloader: Unlocked via adb
This post was last modified: 29-09-2017, 11:13 AM by hovatek.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
27-09-2017, 11:24 AM
(27-09-2017, 06:13 AM)pjack17 I flashed TWRP on my tecno W3 using sp flash tool, after it went successfully, i powered my phone into recovery mode with the right combination of keys. But it wont boot into anything, but when i power it into normal mode, it goes successfully..and then i switch off and boot into recovery mode with the same combination of keys i used after flashing, it end up into stock recovery. It's like my phone is locked from booting into custom recoveries(even after unlocking the bootloader), and then it overwrites the custom recovery with stock after booting into normal mode. Is there any way i can get my phone to accept custom recoveries, and i have no root thats why im trying to flash a custom recovery first.

Also: I tried to use adb to boot into fastboot mode and boot into the same custom recovery i have by the command: fastboot boot <filename.img here>..but i didnt boot into anything, it just boot normally like i restarted my phone. I even tried to flash the img file in fastboot mode and then boot up with the fastboot command mentioned above, but it just boots into normal mode.

Specs

Which of the custom recoveries @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-15267.html did you flash?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
pjack17
pjack17
pjack17
Enthusiastic Member
27-09-2017, 03:49 PM
(27-09-2017, 11:24 AM)hovatek
(27-09-2017, 06:13 AM)pjack17 I flashed TWRP on my tecno W3 using sp flash tool, after it went successfully, i powered my phone into recovery mode with the right combination of keys. But it wont boot into anything, but when i power it into normal mode, it goes successfully..and then i switch off and boot into recovery mode with the same combination of keys i used after flashing, it end up into stock recovery. It's like my phone is locked from booting into custom recoveries(even after unlocking the bootloader), and then it overwrites the custom recovery with stock after booting into normal mode. Is there any way i can get my phone to accept custom recoveries, and i have no root thats why im trying to flash a custom recovery first.

Specs

Which of the custom recoveries 

none of those, i downloaded this one from dropbox..the link cant be pasted here, but the file ame is "CUBOT_DINOSAUR_V13_20170103.rar" just paste it on google with no quotes and you shall find the file ad site i downloaded it from..ad i didnt use those because i thought they were not compatible with my phone after i just compared their model numbers to mine
pjack17
pjack17
pjack17
Enthusiastic Member
27-09-2017, 04:15 PM
(27-09-2017, 11:24 AM)hovatek Which of the custom recoveries 

none of those, i downloaded this one from dropbox..the link cant be pasted here, but the file ame is "CUBOT_DINOSAUR_V13_20170103.rar" just paste it on google with no quotes and you shall find the file ad site i downloaded it from..ad i didnt use those because i thought they were not compatible with my phone after i just compared their model numbers to mine
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
27-09-2017, 05:04 PM

(27-09-2017, 04:15 PM)pjack17 none of those, i downloaded this one from dropbox..the link cant be pasted here, but the file ame is "CUBOT_DINOSAUR_V13_20170103.rar" just paste it on google with no quotes and you shall find the file ad site i downloaded it from..ad i didnt use those because i thought they were not compatible with my phone after i just compared their model numbers to mine

it doesnt seem like you actually used a recovery ported for your device let alone build.
first dump your firmware in scatter file format using the guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-13347.html
lets know when you are done

BTW from your build number in the initial post, your device model is W3LTE not W3
pjack17
pjack17
pjack17
Enthusiastic Member
28-09-2017, 04:16 PM
(27-09-2017, 05:04 PM)X3non it doesnt seem like you actually used a recovery ported for your device let alone build.
first dump your firmware in scatter file format using the guide 
lets know when you are done

BTW from your build number in the initial post, your device model is W3LTE not W3

Alright since Miracle Box wont recognise my device and gives an error "none usbport, maybe driver not installed"...here is the scatter file from the stock ROM i downloaded online, and it successfully flashed with no problems. So it might resemble my devices scatter file.
none usbport maybe driver not install

none usbport maybe driver not insta
Attached Files
.txt
MT6735M_Android_scatter.txt
Size: 9.85 KB / Downloads: 3
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
28-09-2017, 07:20 PM
(28-09-2017, 04:16 PM)pjack17 Alright since Miracle Box wont recognise my device and gives an error "none usbport, maybe driver not installed"...here is the scatter file from the stock ROM i downloaded online, and it successfully flashed with no problems. So it might resemble my devices scatter file.
none usbport maybe driver not install

none usbport maybe driver not insta

That scatter file is of secondary use to us ATM
What I need to confirm is if your phone is a W3 or W3 LTE
We have the files for that Build of W3 LTE @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-19344.html and can easily fetch them from there but your model is yet to be clarified
This post was last modified: 28-09-2017, 07:21 PM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
pjack17
pjack17
pjack17
Enthusiastic Member
28-09-2017, 08:17 PM
(28-09-2017, 07:20 PM)hovatek
none usbport me driver not inst

none usbport maybe driver not

That scatter file is of secondary use to us ATM
What I need to confirm is if your phone is a W3 or W3 LTE
We have the files for that Build of W3 LTE and can easily fetch them from there but your model is yet to be clarified

It's W3LTE-H356D1-M-161216V55...and the scatter file is the one i used to flash a stock ROM on it, so it's of the same ROM that's on my device right now.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
29-09-2017, 11:11 AM
(28-09-2017, 08:17 PM)pjack17 It's W3LTE-H356D1-M-161216V55...and the scatter file is the one i used to flash a stock ROM on it, so it's of the same ROM that's on my device right now.

TWRP for your Build has been added @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-16647.html
Flash it using SP Flash Tool

Note!
pjack17
pjack17
pjack17
Enthusiastic Member
29-09-2017, 05:52 PM

(29-09-2017, 11:11 AM)hovatek TWRP for your Build has been added 
Flash it using SP Flash Tool

Thanks Shy . It successfully flashed and boot into TWRP mode, but when i install the SuperSU zip file, it fails and gives out an error signature verification failed...And when I exit TWRP it asks me before rebooting if I want to install SuperSU, and hangs on the TECNO boot screen whether i yes to the installation or no.
Pages (2): 1 2 Next