Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Allview X2 Twin - Bootloop
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Allview X2 Twin - Bootloop

[Please help] Allview X2 Twin - Bootloop

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
D a n
D a n
D a n
26-10-2017, 11:44 AM

Hello, guys!

I have this phone model, wich is/was sold under few other names
XOLO 8x 1000
Cherry Mobile Excalibur
Mobiistar Prime 508
Infinix Zero

At one point phone began to restart.
It started up to logo animation, then entered a bootloop.
After a hard reset, phone started ok, but after few minutes, screen froze, and then entered into bootloop again.
I've found an original firmware, i managed to write it with spflashtools (format + download), then i went into recovery mode, wiped cache and factory reset. Phone worked for about 5 minutes, then started to reboot again.

Is this a sign of a hardware problem, or just software?

I need a software from the other brands, or any other working custom rom, to write with spflashtools, to see if phone works normally or it reboots again.

Thank you.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
27-10-2017, 09:41 AM
(26-10-2017, 11:44 AM)D a n Hello, guys!

I have this phone model, wich is/was sold under few other names
XOLO 8x 1000
Cherry Mobile Excalibur
Mobiistar Prime 508
Infinix Zero

At one point phone began to restart.
It started up to logo animation, then entered a bootloop.
After a hard reset, phone started ok, but after few minutes, screen froze, and then entered into bootloop again.
I've found an original firmware, i managed to write it with spflashtools (format + download), then i went into recovery mode, wiped cache and factory reset. Phone worked for about 5 minutes, then started to reboot again.

Is this a sign of a hardware problem, or just software?

I need a software from the other brands, or any other working custom rom, to write with spflashtools, to see if phone works normally or it reboots again.

Thank you.

This looks pretty much like the Infinix Zero as you said.
The bootloop points at some kind of hardware error but lets still keep poking around a software issue.
Boot the phone into recovery mode and leave it there. See if it goes off shortly after
BTW, here are some Infinix Zero firmware @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-20028.html incase you wish to try

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
D a n
D a n
D a n
27-10-2017, 12:32 PM
Thank you for replying.
Usually, for how long should it stay into recovery mode before rebooting?
This software that i've wrote with spflash, shows same IMEI for both SIM cards. Kinda odd.
I've wrote a custom rom to another phone stuck at logo when starting, and there was no IMEI shown.

I'll try your sugestion and if it exit recovery mode too quickly, it mean that phone might have hardware issues...
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
28-10-2017, 02:28 PM
(27-10-2017, 12:32 PM)D a n Thank you for replying.
Usually, for how long should it stay into recovery mode before rebooting?
This software that i've wrote with spflash, shows same IMEI for both SIM cards. Kinda odd.
I've wrote a custom rom to another phone stuck at logo when starting, and there was no IMEI shown.

I'll try your sugestion and if it exit recovery mode too quickly, it mean that phone might have hardware issues...

It should be able to stay in recovery mode for as long as the battery lasts but you don't have to leave it that long. The goal is just to see if it also reboots in recovery mode as quickly as it does in normal home screen

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
D a n
D a n
D a n
30-10-2017, 09:44 AM

Hello.
Thank you for your reply.
I've booted the phone in recovery mode.
Wiped cache and factory reset.
It stayed in recovery menu, stable, for like an hour +.
No reboot.

After i rebooted the phone from recovery, it entered into bootloop once again. It shows the logo for like a minute, then logo dissapears for 2 seconds, and then appears again.

I've found this rom, wich many users say it's working ok ( en.miui.com/thread-151240-1-1.html )

I've started the phone, performed a quick setup. It stayed on enough time to acces settings and check "Debugging Mode" box, and succesfully root it. It even displayed a "root ok" message on its screen.

What do i do next?

These are instructions from Xolo rom thread:
"Flash Custom recovery via rashr available on playstore
Reboot to Custom recovery" ??

Phone again entered bootloop, in short time. I can't connect to gmail.
This post was last modified: 31-10-2017, 06:19 AM by D a n.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
31-10-2017, 09:18 AM
(30-10-2017, 09:44 AM)D a n Hello.
I've booted the phone in recovery mode.
Wiped cache and factory reset.
It stayed in recovery menu, stable, for like an hour +.
No reboot.

After i rebooted the phone from recovery, it entered into bootloop once again. It shows the logo for like a minute, then logo dissapears for 2 seconds, and then appears again.

I've found this rom, wich many users say it's working ok ( en.miui.com/thread-151240-1-1.html )

I've started the phone, performed a quick setup. It stayed on enough time to acces settings and check "Debugging Mode" box, and succesfully root it. It even displayed a "root ok" message on its screen.

What do i do next?

These are instructions from Xolo rom thread:
"Flash Custom recovery via rashr available on playstore
Reboot to Custom recovery" ??

Phone again entered bootloop, in short time. I can't connect to gmail.

Flash the custom recovery using sp flash tool (you can't use rashr since its in a bootloop) then flash the custom rom (hope its for your exact model)
alternatively, you could create a flashable zip from stock rom using https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-20497.html
Once you're able to boot up again (using either rom) , boot into Safe Mode using https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-572.html and observe if it goes into bootloop while in Safe Mode

Note!
D a n
D a n
D a n
31-10-2017, 10:50 AM
This rom doesn't have a scatter.txt extracted file, to choose in spflashtools, and i don't know how to extract it.
(I have a scatter.txt from an original rom found online).

"flashable zip" - too much for me.
This post was last modified: 31-10-2017, 10:59 AM by D a n.
freshtyt
freshtyt
freshtyt
31-10-2017, 04:11 PM
(31-10-2017, 10:50 AM)D a n This rom doesn't have a scatter.txt extracted file, to choose in spflashtools, and i don't know how to extract it.

remember that all the roms you seem to have found online arent exactly for this particular device.
you can try flashing using the scatter file of the rom you found OR
you can try dumping the current firmware on the phone in scatter file format using the guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-122797.html
if successful, then from within the dump folder, you should get a scatter file there. you can use it to then attempt flashing the custom recovery still using miracle box
D a n
D a n
D a n
31-10-2017, 07:45 PM
This Xolo custom rom, was flashed by other owners of my phone model. Because is a newer version of phone' stock android. And they said that it is stable and works ok.
But the local thread that i've found for my particular phone model, is couple years old, and users are offline since at least half of year.

The specified guide thread about firmware, it doesn't exist -
message board.

I'm still searching a way to use rashr and twrp.

Phone is working for short periods of time.
I've manage to root it using kingo root.
I could connect to gmail and playstore, to download rashr and clockworkmod, but when i've used rashr app, it displayed a message that it only works with twrp...

Edit1:
I've tried to use rashr (but it stopped working). I've tried to use twrp, it made a recovery image (as far as i remember), but when asked to enter in recovery mode, and i've selected yes, phone restarted, a couple times, and nou it doesn't even boot to logo animation. It just light the screen for a second, and restart.

Edit2:

How do i use these files to flash the phone?

Download Infinix X506 Zero stock rom / firmware below

Infinix X506 Zero (X506-J608-L-20151019)
  • Boot.img: 

• Recovery.img: 

• LK.bin: 

• Logo.bin: 

• Scatter.txt:

• Preloader.bin: 

• Secro.img: 

• NVRAM: N/A

• APDB & BPLGU / MDDB: 

• Cache.img, Userdata.img or System.img: Download the full stock ROM / Firmware below

• Full stock rom: 

Do i put them all in a folder and choose the scatter in spflashtools?

Thank you.
This post was last modified: 01-11-2017, 07:20 AM by D a n.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
01-11-2017, 11:58 AM

(31-10-2017, 10:50 AM)D a n This rom doesn't have a scatter.txt extracted file, to choose in spflashtools, and i don't know how to extract it.

The Xolo custom rom is supposed to be flashed in custom recovery, not via SP Flash tool. Its only the custom recovery you flash using SP Flash tool since you already have a scatter file for that

Note!
Pages (2): 1 2 Next