Hovatek Forum MOBILE Dual OS Tablets Asustek VivoTAB TF600T Windows RT Win 8.1
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Asustek VivoTAB TF600T Windows RT Win 8.1

Asustek VivoTAB TF600T Windows RT Win 8.1

Kenneth.mtika
Kenneth.mtika
Kenneth.mtika
15-11-2017, 06:09 PM

I need to reinstall windows on this tablet .. Any ideas on how to create a bootable disk and all that..its in Chinese,and i cant seem to install any language pack apart from Chinese. I need the english image and the procedures. Thank u..

Sent from my Hisense F20 using Hovatek mobile
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
16-11-2017, 11:24 AM
(15-11-2017, 06:09 PM)Kenneth.mtika I need to reinstall windows on this tablet .. Any ideas on how to create a bootable disk and all that..its in Chinese,and i cant seem to install any language pack apart from Chinese. I need the english image and the procedures. Thank u..

This is a Dual OS tablet or at least supports it, isnt it?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Kenneth.mtika
Kenneth.mtika
Kenneth.mtika
17-11-2017, 07:09 AM
(16-11-2017, 11:24 AM)hovatek
(15-11-2017, 06:09 PM)Kenneth.mtika I need to reinstall windows on this tablet .. Any ideas on how to create a bootable disk and all that..its in Chinese,and i cant seem to install any language pack apart from Chinese. I need the english image and the procedures. Thank u..

This is a Dual OS tablet or at least supports it, isnt it?

U mean to say? It runs on android os and Windows RT?.. There is no android version for this tablet. Though somebody succeeded porting android but he had problems with drivers..

hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
17-11-2017, 12:03 PM
(17-11-2017, 07:09 AM)Kenneth.mtika U mean to say? It runs on android os and Windows RT?.. There is no android version for this tablet. Though somebody succeeded porting android but he had problems with drivers..  

Not sure, was just asking because i stumbled on some posts of people talking about Android on this device
There are 3 things you could try
1. Reset the tab to factory state. This approach helped me with one of my Tabs what was only in Chinese. Turns out the factory reset removed whatever config (to chinese language) it had shipped with
2. Download the Windows 8.1 rt ISO and extract it to your desktop and run the setup
3. Get a 4GB flash drive and format in FAT32 . Extract the contents of the Windows 8.1 rt recovery ISO into the root of the flash drive then power off the device. Connect the USB to the tab then boot the tab using Volume down and Power button. The USB ought to be detected

The exact steps for option 3 might vary slightly for your tab

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Kenneth.mtika
Kenneth.mtika
Kenneth.mtika
19-11-2017, 07:43 AM

(17-11-2017, 12:03 PM)hovatek
(17-11-2017, 07:09 AM)Kenneth.mtika U mean to say? It runs on android os and Windows RT?.. There is no android version for this tablet. Though somebody succeeded porting android but he had problems with drivers..  

Not sure, was just asking because i stumbled on some posts of people talking about Android on this device
There are 3 things you could try
1. Reset the tab to factory state. This approach helped me with one of my Tabs what was only in Chinese. Turns out the factory reset removed whatever config (to chinese language) it had shipped with
2. Download the Windows 8.1 rt ISO and extract it to your desktop and run the setup
3. Get a 4GB flash drive and format in FAT32 . Extract the contents of the Windows 8.1 rt recovery ISO into the root of the flash drive then power off the device. Connect the USB to the tab then boot the tab using Volume down and Power button. The USB ought to be detected

The exact steps for option 3 might vary slightly for your tab

Each time i try to do that, it says "The drive where Windows is installed is locked. Unlock the drive and try again"

hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
20-11-2017, 10:14 AM
(19-11-2017, 07:43 AM)Kenneth.mtika Each time i try to do that, it says "The drive where Windows is installed is locked. Unlock the drive and try again"

Which of the 3 methods gave this error?

Note!
Kenneth.mtika
Kenneth.mtika
Kenneth.mtika
21-11-2017, 08:34 AM
(20-11-2017, 10:14 AM)hovatek
(19-11-2017, 07:43 AM)Kenneth.mtika Each time i try to do that, it says "The drive where Windows is installed is locked. Unlock the drive and try again"

Which of the 3 methods gave this error?

All of the above.. But i resolved it. I managed To resolve the issue by installing the english language pack. It refused at first because of the network problem i guess. But now its just ok.. Thank you very much...

hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
21-11-2017, 01:27 PM
(21-11-2017, 08:34 AM)Kenneth.mtika All of the above.. But i resolved it. I managed To resolve the issue by installing the english language pack. It refused at first because of the network problem i guess. But now its just ok.. Thank you very much...

Good then. I already ruled that out since you said you'd tried but it didn't work.
Could you drop brief steps you took to resolve this for the sake of others with your device in the same shoes

Note!
Kenneth.mtika
Kenneth.mtika
Kenneth.mtika
22-11-2017, 07:20 AM
(21-11-2017, 01:27 PM)hovatek
(21-11-2017, 08:34 AM)Kenneth.mtika All of the above.. But i resolved it. I managed To resolve the issue by installing the english language pack. It refused at first because of the network problem i guess. But now its just ok.. Thank you very much...

Good then. I already ruled that out since you said you'd tried but it didn't work.
Could you drop brief steps you took to resolve this for the sake of others with your device in the same shoes

Connect the pc to the internet, then go to Control Panel>language>add language>choose any language u want>then wait for the pc to see if that language is available, then download, install and after that apply that language. Reboot the system.. Thats all..

Betnigeria
Betnigeria
Betnigeria
10-03-2019, 08:23 PM

(22-11-2017, 07:20 AM)Kenneth.mtika
(21-11-2017, 01:27 PM)hovatek

Connect the pc to the internet, then go to Control Panel>language>add language>choose any language u want>then wait for the pc to see if that language is available, then download, install and after that apply that language. Reboot the system.. Thats all..

WOW thank you for all the help guys! It helped me a lot! Cheers! 

"Control Panel>language>add language>choose any language u want>then wait for the pc to see if that language is available, then download, install and after that apply that language. "
This post was last modified: 11-03-2019, 11:24 AM by X3non.