Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android Wanting to root a Blu Studio G D790Q on Hovateks for a fresh start
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

Wanting to root a Blu Studio G D790Q on Hovateks for a fresh start

Wanting to root a Blu Studio G D790Q on Hovateks for a fresh start

Pages (2): Previous 1 2
amdcora
amdcora
amdcora
Enthusiastic Member
08-12-2017, 05:26 PM

(08-12-2017, 04:20 PM)innagee
(08-12-2017, 02:06 PM)amdcora @innagee

I tried with SP flash tool and it is not working good for this, I didn't realize it can be done by Miracle box , so I did as you instructed and followed the rooting guide

-copied preloader.bin into the folder which contains the two files you have provided a scatter file and recovery.bin (so 3 files in all)
-opened miracle box, clicked mtk, clicked write, chose dropdown for my device, browse for scatter file< I loaded the one you provided with the recovery.bin, clicked start
-"waiting for usb port" shows, connected phone turned OFF battery IN , then miracle box prompts to flash preloader.bin and recovery.bin, I clicked ok
-it has done the writing and I have a screenshot of the tool successfully finishing the flashing
- I disconnected phone when i press volume up + power it wouldnt show me anything it shows the blu white page and then blank screen while I am still pressing both buttons it goes into a cycle over and over never showing me a recovery, so I let it go it booted up and I turned it off again, tried volume up + power then the stock android recovery showed up

what do you think is the problem here? here is a screenshot  ibb.co/jeXWQG

Flash the recovery 3 consecutive times before rebooting into recovery.

I did 3 times it was showing Philz Touch 6 but with like low resolution, touch not working only able to navigate by volume and power buttons,and I cant load files from sd card at the lower part it says   E:Can't mount /storage/sdcard0

back at home directory of Philz Touch 6 below it says   E:Can't open /dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/1112000.msdc0/by-name/para (No such file or directory)

what can we do at this point?
This post was last modified: 08-12-2017, 05:30 PM by amdcora.
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
08-12-2017, 06:45 PM
(08-12-2017, 05:26 PM)amdcora
(08-12-2017, 04:20 PM)innagee
(08-12-2017, 02:06 PM)amdcora @innagee

I tried with SP flash tool and it is not working good for this, I didn't realize it can be done by Miracle box , so I did as you instructed and followed the rooting guide

-copied preloader.bin into the folder which contains the two files you have provided a scatter file and recovery.bin (so 3 files in all)
-opened miracle box, clicked mtk, clicked write, chose dropdown for my device, browse for scatter file< I loaded the one you provided with the recovery.bin, clicked start
-"waiting for usb port" shows, connected phone turned OFF battery IN , then miracle box prompts to flash preloader.bin and recovery.bin, I clicked ok
-it has done the writing and I have a screenshot of the tool successfully finishing the flashing
- I disconnected phone when i press volume up + power it wouldnt show me anything it shows the blu white page and then blank screen while I am still pressing both buttons it goes into a cycle over and over never showing me a recovery, so I let it go it booted up and I turned it off again, tried volume up + power then the stock android recovery showed up

what do you think is the problem here? here is a screenshot  ibb.co/jeXWQG

Flash the recovery 3 consecutive times before rebooting into recovery.

I did 3 times it was showing Philz Touch 6 but with like low resolution, touch not working only able to navigate by volume and  power buttons,and I cant load files from sd card at the lower part it says   E:Can't mount /storage/sdcard0

back at home directory of Philz Touch 6 below it says   E:Can't open /dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/1112000.msdc0/by-name/para (No such file or directory)

what can we do at this point?

Try this recovery @ https://mega.nz/#!wGJyyBwD!ZbXTzIJQbtRud...2oWeVYyAFg
Make sure to copy SuperSu to both internal and SD card.
amdcora
amdcora
amdcora
Enthusiastic Member
09-12-2017, 06:54 AM
with your help I finally made it work

Philz touch 6 loaded without any other errors

- I clicked on install zip from Storage and installed the latest SuperSu v2.82 zip
- Philz prompted finished installing zip
- I clicked on go back, and reboot from main page
- a window was showing options before reboot
         - no
         -yes  Apply root (/system/)
-I chose 'no'
- device rebooted
- downloaded 'root checker' then  a window showed up asking to grant permissions to 'root checker'

- ROOT SUCCESSFUL  

here is the screenshot ibb.co/cvJRcw
This post was last modified: 09-12-2017, 06:56 AM by amdcora.
Pages (2): Previous 1 2