Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Recoevry Rom to FastBoot rom
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Please help] Recoevry Rom to FastBoot rom

[Please help] Recoevry Rom to FastBoot rom

Prithdk
Prithdk
Prithdk
Enthusiastic Member
15-12-2017, 07:55 AM

Hi guys, I come from Snapdragon devices which I find easier to handle than my new mtk device.  I could always do stuffs on my SD devices without much care because even if I screw up stuffs and the device won't boot, I can always fastboot flash stock and get it running again. My problem with my current mtk device is that it can flash with either the sp tools  or recovery....I couldn't find any fastboot rom for it...I want to know if sp tools will work on a device that does not boot or is there a way to make/convert a sp tool flashable rom into a fastboot rom??

Thank you
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
15-12-2017, 12:13 PM
(15-12-2017, 07:55 AM)Prithdk Hi guys, I come from Snapdragon devices which I find easier to handle than my new mtk device.  I could always do stuffs on my SD devices without much care because even if I screw up stuffs and the device won't boot, I can always fastboot flash stock and get it running again. My problem with my current mtk device is that it can flash with either the sp tools  or recovery....I couldn't find any fastboot rom for it...I want to know if sp tools will work on a device that does not boot or is there a way to make/convert a sp tool flashable rom into a fastboot rom??

Thank you

Yes, Sp flash tool can revive dead mediatek devices. Refer to https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-159.html for the SP flash tool guide.
You can still flash some partitions via fastboot (e.g recovery, system, boot) although I would recommend you unbrick using Sp flash tool because its more reliable.
As for where to get a 'fastboot rom', you can find the individual files in the scatter firmware folder and flash some with fastboot commands

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Prithdk
Prithdk
Prithdk
Enthusiastic Member
16-12-2017, 11:04 AM
(15-12-2017, 12:13 PM) pid=\126220' [quote pid='126220' dateline='1513336431']
Hi can you help me with a flash-all.bat script??

[/quote]
This post was last modified: 16-12-2017, 11:05 AM by Prithdk.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
16-12-2017, 06:00 PM
(16-12-2017, 11:04 AM)Prithdk Hi can you help me with a flash-all.bat script??

Mediatek isn't this complicated. What is the flash-all.bat script supposed to do?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.