Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Android 6.0 Marshmallow: How to format an encrypted SD Card?
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Android 6.0 Marshmallow: How to format an encrypted SD Card?

[Please help] Android 6.0 Marshmallow: How to format an encrypted SD Card?

kayswift
kayswift
kayswift
22-12-2017, 11:44 AM

I used the "Set Up SD Card" feature to format my memory card as "Internal Storage", not knowing that I would not be able to return it back to its original state(Use it with different devices and card reader).
I've tried formatting it as "Portable Storage" and since then, my phone can't access the SD Card again, even when I tried to format it again as "Internal Storage" (which failed everytime I tried).
Please, what can I do to make it work again? I've tried formatting it with Windows, but it slowed down the system. I tried using Ubuntu too, it reverts back to its encrypted state immediately after formatting.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
22-12-2017, 02:35 PM
(22-12-2017, 11:44 AM)kayswift I used the "Set Up SD Card" feature to format my memory card as "Internal Storage", not knowing that I would not be able to return it back to its original state(Use it with different devices and card reader).
I've tried formatting it as "Portable Storage" and since then, my phone can't access the SD Card again, even when I tried to format it again as "Internal Storage" (which failed everytime I tried).
Please, what can I do to make it work again? I've tried formatting it with Windows, but it slowed down the system. I tried using Ubuntu too, it reverts back to its encrypted state immediately after formatting.

try the fixes @ https://www.hovatek.com/blog/how-to-fix-...usb-drive/
when you connected to a windows PC, were you able to complete the format process on the PC?
also check if the SD card gets extremely hot when connected to a PC
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
22-12-2017, 06:55 PM
(22-12-2017, 11:44 AM)kayswift I used the "Set Up SD Card" feature to format my memory card as "Internal Storage", not knowing that I would not be able to return it back to its original state(Use it with different devices and card reader).

Insert it into a non Android device or an Android that doesn't support adoptable storage. You should get a storage corrupted error

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
kayswift
kayswift
kayswift
22-12-2017, 08:33 PM
(22-12-2017, 06:55 PM)hovatek Insert it into a non Android device or an Android that doesn't support adoptable storage. You should get a storage corrupted error

I've tried using a China phone, which couldn't detect it at all. I'll try the other option, tho'. Thanks.
kayswift
kayswift
kayswift
22-12-2017, 08:40 PM

(22-12-2017, 02:35 PM)X3non try the fixes @ https://www.hovatek.com/blog/how-to-fix-...usb-drive/
when you connected to a windows PC, were you able to complete the format process on the PC?
also check if the SD card gets extremely hot when connected to a PC

I was unable to navigate to the format option on right clicking on the SD Card. The whole process froze up until I either remove the SD Card or terminate the process with task manager.
It doesn't get hot or make any visible reaction. I think it's merely encrypted, not damaged.