Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android [Please help] Does Anyone want help me out to unlock Acer X1 S53 Bootloader?
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Does Anyone want help me out to unlock Acer X1 S53 Bootloader?

[Please help] Does Anyone want help me out to unlock Acer X1 S53 Bootloader?

isalaff
isalaff
isalaff
31-12-2017, 01:23 PM

Hello there.

Phone Spec :
OS 4.4.2
mt6592
Kernel 3.4.67

I already did:

- fastboot oem unlock (and press vol + on the phone but it said "(bootloader) Start unlock flow FAILED (remote: Unlock failed - Err:0x7000)).
- fastboot oem unlock-go (same error above). Even with -i (device id) still same error.
- Flash only recovery partition from spflashtool and get error (S SECURITY SECURE USB DL IMAGE SIGN HEADER NOT FOUND (6045)).
- Root with Kingroot and get root access but cannot mount /system. Tried every tutor to mount /system on google but still no luck. Even replacing Kingroot with supersu via Terminal Emulator and it said "Permission Denied" when executing "sdcard/mrw/root.sh". Also root access losing after reboot.
- Tried with MTK DroidTool v2.5.3, do readback and get whole partititon but still can't even flash it.

What I have :

- Full firmware for sp flashtool.

Please let me know if you guys have any other idea for unlocking the bootloader.
Thanks.

(And this is my first thread, poor eng also). Big Grin
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
31-12-2017, 03:11 PM
(31-12-2017, 01:23 PM)isalaff
Hello there.

Phone Spec :
OS 4.4.2
mt6592
Kernel 3.4.67

I already did:

- fastboot oem unlock (and press vol + on the phone but it said "(bootloader) Start unlock flow FAILED (remote: Unlock failed - Err:0x7000)).
- fastboot oem unlock-go (same error above). Even with -i (device id) still same error.
- Flash only recovery partition from spflashtool and get error (S SECURITY SECURE USB DL IMAGE SIGN HEADER NOT FOUND (6045)).
- Root with Kingroot and get root access but cannot mount /system. Tried every tutor to mount /system on google but still no luck. Even replacing Kingroot with supersu via Terminal Emulator and it said "Permission Denied" when executing "sdcard/mrw/root.sh". Also root access losing after reboot.
- Tried with MTK DroidTool v2.5.3, do readback and get whole partititon but still can't even flash it.

What I have :

- Full firmware for sp flashtool.

Please let me know if you guys have any other idea for unlocking the bootloader.
Thanks.

(And this is my first thread, poor eng also). Big Grin

The Bootloader might not be the way to go in your case.
Can I see a FULL screenshot of the content of your firmware folder

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
isalaff
isalaff
isalaff
01-01-2018, 05:11 AM
(31-12-2017, 03:11 PM)hovatek The Bootloader might not be the way to go in your case.
Can I see a  FULL screenshot of the content of your firmware folder

If you said so. But, is it possible that the cause can not mount /system even with KingRoot access because the bootloader is locked? Huh Huh

Okay this is the Screenshot of my FULL Firmware.

.jpg
x1 firmware.jpg
Size: 243.32 KB / Downloads: 9

And this from Readback.

.jpg
x1 firmware readback.jpg
Size: 218.51 KB / Downloads: 8
This post was last modified: 01-01-2018, 05:18 AM by isalaff. Edit Reason: Adding more Attachment
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
01-01-2018, 03:57 PM
(01-01-2018, 05:11 AM)isalaff If you said so. But, is it possible that the cause can not mount /system even with KingRoot access because the bootloader is locked? Huh Huh
Okay this is the Screenshot of my FULL Firmware.
And this from Readback.

did you grant the necessary root permission in kinguser?
unlocking bootloader won't help with flashing files without -sign [we've had a number of similar cases]
instead you can try flashing only recovery from your readback using either
SP Flash Tool V5.1532.00 @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-13970.html
or
Miracle box @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-14106.html
lets know the outcomes

PS: there is a file named "recovery-sign.imgcwm" in your full firmware. it seems thats a custom recovery, why dont you consider flashing that using SP flash tool, then flash supersu.zip via CWM
This post was last modified: 01-01-2018, 03:59 PM by X3non.
isalaff
isalaff
isalaff
09-01-2018, 06:39 AM

(01-01-2018, 03:57 PM)X3non did you grant the necessary root permission in kinguser?
unlocking bootloader won't help with flashing files without -sign [we've had a number of similar cases]
instead you can try flashing only recovery from your readback using either
SP Flash Tool V5.1532.00
or
Miracle box

lets know the outcomes

PS: there is a file named "recovery-sign.imgcwm" in your full firmware. it seems thats a custom recovery, why dont you consider flashing that using SP flash tool, then flash supersu.zip via CWM

This is what i got when flash only recovery partition.

hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
09-01-2018, 02:12 PM
(09-01-2018, 06:39 AM)isalaff This is what i got when flash only recovery partition.

You're dealing with a signed device.
Try checking for hidden oem commands using https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21403.html
waiitng..

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.