Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Tecno Camon C7 stuck at FRP LOCK
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Tecno Camon C7 stuck at FRP LOCK

[Please help] Tecno Camon C7 stuck at FRP LOCK

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
ryfoz
ryfoz
ryfoz
06-01-2018, 07:10 PM

Hello, pls I need help bypassing an FRP lock on a Tecno Camon C7. It belongs to a family member of mine who paid cafe guys to help her set up the device when she bought it so she's not aware of the Google email username used for her and now that she factory reset the device it's now stuck at the previous account info that Google is asking to be inputted into it to continue the start-up setup.

I tried watching some videos on YouTube to bypass it but to no avail, I tried flashing a new ROM to it but system is not detecting it at all (I thought probably because the USB debugging was off when it was factory reset). I have even took it to a friend of mine who is a fone Engr but he also was not able to do anything without the detection of the phone with the computer. He said he may need to change the USB port 1st then if it doesn't work, then he needs to change flex below the screen (his words).

The device has never been worked on before so the idea of changing the new working usb port was scary to me. Pls what can be done to fix this problem
This post was last modified: 06-01-2018, 07:15 PM by ryfoz.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
07-01-2018, 06:49 PM
(06-01-2018, 07:10 PM)ryfoz Hello, pls I need help bypassing an FRP lock on a Tecno Camon C7. It belongs to a family member of mine who paid cafe guys to help her set up the device when she bought it so she's not aware of the Google email username used for her and now that she factory reset the device it's now stuck at the previous account info that Google is asking to be inputted into it to continue the start-up setup.

I tried watching some videos on YouTube to bypass it but to no avail, I tried flashing a new ROM to it but system is not detecting it at all (I thought probably because the USB debugging was off when it was factory reset). I have even took it to a friend of mine who is a fone Engr but he also was not able to do anything without the detection of the phone with the computer. He said he may need to change the USB port 1st then if it doesn't work, then he needs to change flex below the screen (his words).

The device has never been worked on before so the idea of changing the new working usb port was scary to me. Pls what can be done to fix this problem

There should be no need to change any port or hardware component.
Simply follow the Miracle Box method at https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-12794.html and ensure to install VCOM drivers as the guide instructed.
Note
I suggest you dump the firmware in scatter format using Miracle Box at https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-13347.html before you attempt to remove FRP
This post was last modified: 07-01-2018, 06:51 PM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
ryfoz
ryfoz
ryfoz
07-01-2018, 07:29 PM
(07-01-2018, 06:49 PM)hovatek There should be no need to change any port or hardware component.
Simply follow the Miracle Box method at https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-12794.html and ensure to install VCOM drivers as the guide instructed.
Note
I suggest you dump the firmware in scatter format using Miracle Box at https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-13347.html before you attempt to remove FRP

Both methods you're recommending won't work because pc can't detect the device for whatever reason that is not known to me at the moment (I suspect it's because debugging is off)

I can't dump firmware of the device becos the above mentioned problem too, and lest I forget I have VCOM drivers installed manually on my pc.

I would appreciate other suggestions
This post was last modified: 07-01-2018, 07:30 PM by ryfoz.
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
08-01-2018, 10:06 AM
(07-01-2018, 07:29 PM)ryfoz
(07-01-2018, 06:49 PM)hovatek There should be no need to change any port or hardware component.
Note
I suggest you dump the firmware in scatter format using Miracle Box at https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-13347.html  before you attempt to remove FRP

Both methods you're recommending won't work because pc can't detect the device for whatever reason that is not known to me at the moment (I suspect it's because debugging is off)

I can't dump firmware of the device becos the above mentioned problem too, and lest I forget I have VCOM drivers installed manually on my pc.

I would appreciate other suggestions

that should not be the problem, you don't need to enable USB debug option to use Miracle. 
Its either you haven't installed VCOM drivers properly or your PC USB/Charging Port is faulty. 

What type of windows version are you running on your PC?
ryfoz
ryfoz
ryfoz
08-01-2018, 09:22 PM

(08-01-2018, 10:06 AM)innagee that should not be the problem, you don't need to enable USB debug option to use Miracle. 
Its either you haven't installed VCOM drivers properly or your PC USB/Charging Port is faulty. 

What type of windows version are you running on your PC?

Both assumptions are wrong, I have VCOM drivers installed properly and my pc USB is working fine because I am still using it for my android device.

I was actually hoping to get suggestions that involves using the Tecno Camon C7 to do a work-around not solutions that involves pc because like I have stated abundantly; pc doesn't detect the device even my engr frnd's laptop confirms that too unless his pc that he's been using to do more software jobs both on MTK and other android device than I have ever done with mine doesn't have VCOM drivers installed too or the USB port is faulty as well.

No offence, I appreciate the assist, but I was hoping for solutions that my explanation hasn't already covered.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
09-01-2018, 12:36 PM
(08-01-2018, 09:22 PM)ryfoz Both assumptions are wrong, I have VCOM drivers installed properly and my pc USB is working fine because I am still using it for my android device.

I was actually hoping to get suggestions that involves using the Tecno Camon C7 to do a work-around not solutions that involves pc because like I have stated abundantly; pc doesn't detect the device even my engr frnd's laptop confirms that too unless his pc that he's been using to do more software jobs both on MTK and other android device than I have ever done with mine doesn't have VCOM drivers installed too or the USB port is faulty as well.

No offence, I appreciate the assist, but I was hoping for solutions that my explanation hasn't already covered.

Lets run a quick test
1. Launch device manager > power off the phone then connect to PC. Does device manager refresh?
2. Can the device boot into recovery mode and thereby fastboot mode when you select that option while in recovery mode?
This post was last modified: 09-01-2018, 12:38 PM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
ryfoz
ryfoz
ryfoz
09-01-2018, 04:54 PM
(09-01-2018, 12:36 PM)hovatek [
Lets run a quick test
1. Launch device manager > power off the phone then connect to PC. Does device manager refresh?
2. Can the device boot into recovery mode and thereby fastboot mode when you select that option while in recovery mode?

Thanks, let me try both and give you feedback
ryfoz
ryfoz
ryfoz
11-01-2018, 08:13 AM
(09-01-2018, 12:36 PM)hovatek Lets run a quick test

Answers:
1. The device manager does not refresh when I plugged the device while off, I even tried it while on and it was same thing. It only charges the device. For the record I tried this on another pc.

2. Yes it can enter recovery mode as well as fastboot mode.

What's the next thing to do now sir?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
11-01-2018, 11:18 AM
(11-01-2018, 08:13 AM)ryfoz Answers:
1. The device manager does not refresh when I plugged the device while off, I even tried it while on and it was same thing. It only charges the device. For the record I tried this on another pc.

2. Yes it can enter recovery mode as well as fastboot mode.

What's the next thing to do now sir?

It seems the phone's USB port is bad and needs to be changed.
Final test is to setup adb-fastboot using https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-588.html
From recovery mode on the phone, tap boot to Bootloader then connect to PC
run ADB then test for a connection using the command
Code:

fastboot devices

My guess is that it won't detect the phone also

Note!
ryfoz
ryfoz
ryfoz
11-01-2018, 10:43 PM

(11-01-2018, 11:18 AM)hovatek It seems the phone's USB port is bad and needs to be changed.
Final test is to setup adb-fastboot using https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-588.html
From recovery mode on the phone, tap boot to Bootloader then connect to PC
run ADB then test for a connection using the command
Code:

fastboot devices

My guess is that it won't detect the phone also

I followed the procedure, it didn't detect the device
Pages (2): 1 2 Next