Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Unpack and repack of system.img are different file sizes.
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Unpack and repack of system.img are different file sizes.

[Please help] Unpack and repack of system.img are different file sizes.

Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3 Next
Panth3r
Panth3r
Panth3r
Techie Member
20-02-2018, 11:33 AM

(19-02-2018, 09:13 AM)davek17 1. Is it do with verity? I am not getting any verity errors.
2. Why isn't the normal way of getting ADB Root working like above (boot.img editing default.prop)? Does verity block this?

Am sure philz will work out nice and easy as I had success using the philz tool. The twrp tool got a bug as of now, you can read my comments at the end of its thread.

To answer your questions. First dm-verity only works for system partition. Secondly I cant say much about adb root as I always prefer bare metal su because am always deleting and adding files to system partition so it would be a pain to rely on adb for that. Lastly if you are on MT6737* I have a working twrp for it you can tell me if you wanna try it.
davek17
davek17
davek17
Enthusiastic Member
20-02-2018, 12:08 PM
Hi There

Oh definitely please send the working TWRP. I also wonder if I am flashing properly. I use SPFT as it is an MTK device. However when I flash the new recovery it just doesn't go into recovery, it just boots normally. I flash the original recovery it boot into recovery (You see the Android bot on his back) but it goes no-where from there!! So they must have packed some blank recovery or something.

I tried Philz tool but it did not work for me, same issues as above, just boots normally.

So i'm an Enterprise Rugged chappy!! I can't leave devices in rooted state, so for me ADB root is perfect. I have a miracle box which so far has been great backing up system.img files, although I wish I could get makeEXT4fs on LINUX work properly! I feel better using Android own tools.

Can you send me a link to the TWRP?
Panth3r
Panth3r
Panth3r
Techie Member
20-02-2018, 03:33 PM
Send me your recovery image so that I get your kernel.
davek17
davek17
davek17
Enthusiastic Member
21-02-2018, 04:06 PM
(20-02-2018, 03:33 PM)Qym Send me your recovery image so that I get your kernel.

Hi There

I can't send clickable links yet, I am on 6 posts!! so I am going to post a couple of times to get my posts up!!
davek17
davek17
davek17
Enthusiastic Member
21-02-2018, 04:17 PM

So I have helped on a few other forums, this should be post 1`0!
davek17
davek17
davek17
Enthusiastic Member
21-02-2018, 04:18 PM
Right i'm back! So it is on a dropbox link

https://www.dropbox.com/s/41xzvnpb94yxxc...y.img?dl=0

Hope that works for you

Will wait for you to get back to me
Panth3r
Panth3r
Panth3r
Techie Member
21-02-2018, 06:04 PM
Try this https://www.dropbox.com/s/xcfp37yhrxfg97...p.img?dl=0

Tell me if everything is working fine.
davek17
davek17
davek17
Enthusiastic Member
26-02-2018, 12:00 PM
(21-02-2018, 06:04 PM)Qym Try this https://www.dropbox.com/s/xcfp37yhrxfg97...p.img?dl=0

Tell me if everything is working fine.

Hi there

Just a quick one to let you know that I have been unable to get this working. I have had to let someone else borrow the device for a few days too so I will get back to you as soon as I can.
Panth3r
Panth3r
Panth3r
Techie Member
26-02-2018, 06:35 PM
Alright
davek17
davek17
davek17
Enthusiastic Member
09-11-2018, 03:09 PM

Hi there

Long time no speak. been so busy and have come back to this now. So I also learned a lot since then and can share that. The device I was playing with I have now changed so it's now an mt6750 dveice running Android 7.

Actually I used Magisk to root this, I removed verity and have tweaked it fine...however I have 1 last issue.

The issue is that if I do not reset my phone after tweaking and removing magisk then it runs OK. Google play is still even certified. However if I reset my phone, which is often because I use it for work, then when it updates all the Google apps, the google store just fails and I cannot log in. I get the dreaded "Couldn't sign in" and blank screen issue.

I have tried everything to get Google sign in working, including:

1. The standard stuff with apps and clearing cache/memory
2. Deleting the host files
3. Checking and double checking the versions of Google apps, in particular Google play services, Google Play and Google Services Framework.
4. I have removed and re-installed all google apps, taking them from an identical stock device that work.

Still cannot get google to sign in.

So, my question's are:

1. Does removing dm-verity affect google play at all?
2. What in build.prop does google play use to check certification and could this be the issue?
3. Is there anything else I can try to get Google play working?

Any help is always appreciated.
Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3 Next