Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] where to get boot.img for CX-H501DEFG-N-171109V159
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] where to get boot.img for CX-H501DEFG-N-171109V159

[Please help] where to get boot.img for CX-H501DEFG-N-171109V159

lewishamilton
lewishamilton
lewishamilton
14-04-2018, 10:21 PM

hi,

where can i get a boot.img (and other firmware) for the camon cx CX-H501DEFG-N-171109V159? i didn't see it on this page: www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-19410.html and it didn't come up on online searches other than other people looking for them.

is it possible that one of the other boot.img posted there is compatible?

i've had a camon cx before and following the bootloader and unlock guide on here was pretty straightforward but newer android updates, including on the oneplus 5, make flashing much harder.

what i'm trying to do is get my firmware's boot.img which i can then use magisk manager to patch, on my way to a systemless root.

i've never used magisk before, but it sounds like it's the only frontier now that dm-verity and forced encryption are making (persistent) flashing and using custom recoveries quite hard.

or, if anyone knows of a simple way to root and install a custom recovery, and still be able to use banking apps and other apps which check for system integrity, that'd be helpful also (i'd still like the firmware, just in case).

if i can have root capabilities and still be able to use restrictive apps, that can't be bad. but if i must, i'd rather have root rather than non-root.

thanks.
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
15-04-2018, 10:54 AM
(14-04-2018, 10:21 PM)lewishamilton hi,

where can i get a boot.img (and other firmware) for the camon cx CX-H501DEFG-N-171109V159? i didn't see it on this page: www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-19410.html and it didn't come up on online searches other than other people looking for them.
is it possible that one of the other boot.img posted there is compatible?
i've had a camon cx before and following the bootloader and unlock guide on here was pretty straightforward but newer android updates, including on the oneplus 5, make flashing much harder.
what i'm trying to do is get my firmware's boot.img which i can then use magisk manager to patch, on my way to a systemless root.
i've never used magisk before, but it sounds like it's the only frontier now that dm-verity and forced encryption are making (persistent) flashing and using custom recoveries quite hard.
or, if anyone knows of a simple way to root and install a custom recovery, and still be able to use banking apps and other apps which check for system integrity, that'd be helpful also (i'd still like the firmware, just in case).
if i can have root capabilities and still be able to use restrictive apps, that can't be bad. but if i must, i'd rather have root rather than non-root.
thanks.

Use the tool @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21970.html to obtain boot.img