Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Tutorial] How to get full length address using Wwr_MTK & SP Flash Tool
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Tutorial] How to get full length address using Wwr_MTK & SP Flash Tool

[Tutorial] How to get full length address using Wwr_MTK & SP Flash Tool

Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3 Next
sherlockedprince
sherlockedprince
sherlockedprince
Enthusiastic Member
04-01-2019, 01:04 AM

Hello, I need help to create a rom dump of my device (so that I can create TWRP using your auto-porter tool)

I was able to come to this guide because I have DRAM test instead of RAM test. I did a readback, though on the video on youtube showed a red bar I had a blue one, however, says done with a green check.

Problem is, as I try to follow the step wherein I select the PGPT file you were mentioning, I get this:
-------------
The selected ROM file contains only the preloader (EMMC_BOOT1)
In the selected file: C:/Users/Prince/Desktop/ROM_0, No necessary information was found to create the Scatter file..
It's not error! The program create the scatter file according PGPT & PMT partitions. If there is no PGPT & PMT partitions, then try:
Before full reading firmware by SPFT, it would be better,if you plug in phone in recovery mode. Recovery create a system scheme file in cache, so-called Recovery_Log, which helps to identify partitions map and accurate CPU information.

If you can turn on phone, you can try to read information in ADB mode(USB debugging mode).
--------------

After reading things on the wwr tool I saw it requires a emmc_user but I can't do that since I am not past step 17 which requires RAM test.

Can you please help me regarding this matter because I am already out of my wits trying everything in order to be able to root my device.

By the way my device is:
Cherry Mobile Flare S7 2GB Variant
MT6739WA
sherlockedprince
sherlockedprince
sherlockedprince
Enthusiastic Member
04-01-2019, 02:15 AM
After some research, I've found a scatter file from a similar device. Tried to  readback but stucked at 1%. 
I also found a firmware of a device extra similar to my device from the same brand (just a variant, a change in screen size) though I can not download such a huge file (1 gb to say because I have metered connection) and I do not know if it is compatible with my phone. I do not need the full rom dump though, I just need the recovery.img in order to port TWRP.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
04-01-2019, 10:52 AM
(04-01-2019, 01:04 AM)sherlockedprince Hello, I need help to create a rom dump of my device (so that I can create TWRP using your auto-porter tool)
By the way my device is:
Cherry Mobile Flare S7 2GB Variant
MT6739WA

read step 1 in the guide on this thread properly
you made the ROM0 readback from 'emmc_boot1' region which is wrong. you're to readback pgpt from 'emmc_user'

if you still have any other problems regarding this, then please create a new thread so we can focus on it
see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-514.html for how to create a new thread
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
04-01-2019, 10:53 AM
(04-01-2019, 02:15 AM)sherlockedprince After some research, I've found a scatter file from a similar device. Tried to  readback but stucked at 1%. 
I also found a firmware of a device extra similar to my device from the same brand (just a variant, a change in screen size) though I can not download such a huge file (1 gb to say because I have metered connection) and I do not know if it is compatible with my phone. I do not need the full rom dump though, I just need the recovery.img in order to port TWRP.

bad idea
trying to use scatter file or firmware from a similar (but actually different) device and you never know, you might need full rom dump if your device gets bricked later on
Demainpluz
Demainpluz
Demainpluz
18-03-2019, 02:12 PM

(24-04-2018, 02:10 PM)X3non In this tutorial, we'll show you how to get the length address needed to make a full ROM dump using PGPT backup file and Wwr_MTK tool. This is only

I tried the steps for my Gionee A1 Plus everything worked fine but I did not see Secro.bin file and the system.img  is 4GB and the userdata.img is 54GB of size, what should I do??
This post was last modified: 18-03-2019, 03:25 PM by X3non.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
18-03-2019, 03:26 PM
(18-03-2019, 02:12 PM)Demainpluz I tried the steps for my Gionee A1 Plus everything worked fine but I did not see Secro.bin file and the system.img  is 4GB and the userdata.img is 54GB of size, what should I do??

as it turns out, not every mtk phone has the secro partition, nothing wrong with system and userdata
if you have any particular problem with your device, then create a new thread so we'll focus on it
see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-514.html for how to create a thread
Demainpluz
Demainpluz
Demainpluz
21-03-2019, 12:18 PM
(18-03-2019, 03:26 PM)X3non
(18-03-2019, 02:12 PM)Demainpluz I tried the steps for my Gionee A1 Plus everything worked fine but I did not see Secro.bin file and the system.img  is 4GB and the userdata.img is 54GB of size, what should I do??

as it turns out, not every mtk phone has the secro partition, nothing wrong with system and userdata
if you have any particular problem with your device, then create a new thread so we'll focus on it
see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-514.html for how to create a thread
What I nean is this, I want to flash the backed up room into another gionee a1 plus, and the phone's memory is 64GB free memory is 54GB,  my concern is that the backed up rom is 54GB if I flash the rom without the userdata.img which is 54GB hope no problem?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
21-03-2019, 03:31 PM
(21-03-2019, 12:18 PM)Demainpluz What I nean is this, I want to flash the backed up room into another gionee a1 plus, and the phone's memory is 64GB free memory is 54GB,  my concern is that the backed up rom is 54GB if I flash the rom without the userdata.img which is 54GB hope no problem?

you can flash without userdata.img and cache.img
sysbug0010
sysbug0010
sysbug0010
Enthusiastic Member
09-07-2019, 06:50 PM
iam using wwr mtk 2.51 version, i just followed all steps, in my sp flash tool i could see dram flip test, so that i came to this thread to get full rom which is explained above steps.
iam stuck up at this step:
Click on "Select File" just beside "Choose the EMMC_USER partition in the prepared backup"

but the above option is not available, insted of that i could see "start autopilot" option. can u guide me how to do this in newer version
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
10-07-2019, 06:21 PM

(09-07-2019, 06:50 PM)sysbug0010 iam using wwr mtk 2.51 version, i just followed all steps, in my sp flash tool i could see dram flip test, so that i came to this thread to get full rom  which is explained above steps.
iam stuck up at this step:
Click on "Select File" just beside "Choose the EMMC_USER partition in the prepared backup"

but the above option is not available, insted of that i could see "start autopilot" option. can u guide me how to do this in newer version

On the newer version 2.51 click on Auto mode at the top> click start autopilot>click Start the process>select the emmc_user partition you've read then click on the search partitions tab. A dialog box with the full length h will be displayed.

If you still require further assistance then please visit https://www.hovatek.com/forum and click Ask Question at the top to create a new thread.
This post was last modified: 10-07-2019, 06:27 PM by xerxes.
Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3 Next