Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android [Please help] Gionee x1s root issues
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Gionee x1s root issues

[Please help] Gionee x1s root issues

xsantos
xsantos
xsantos
04-07-2018, 01:53 PM

I have successfully installed the twrp on my phone and it works fine. But I have an issue with my root access. My phone can't seem to have any root access after I had already rooted it with magisk and once used root checker to confirm it. Now there's no root access again and the magisk app won't open. It just shows the logo and after sometime it'll show app is not responding. And I suspect I am not able to access my root permissions because the app can't open.
Please i really need this root, is there any other way I can root the phone?
Ps.. I already have twrp installed I don't know if it'll be possible to just flash a super su zip file from my twrp. If possible, please give me a link to a stable super su so I can flash it with the twrp and gain proper root access. Thanks
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
04-07-2018, 10:36 PM
(04-07-2018, 01:53 PM)xsantos I have successfully installed the twrp on my phone and it works fine. But I have an issue with my root access. My phone can't seem to have any root access after I had already rooted it with magisk and once used root checker to confirm it. Now there's no root access again and the magisk app won't open. It just shows the logo and after sometime it'll show app is not responding. And I suspect I am not able to access my root permissions because the app can't open.
Ps.. I already have twrp installed I don't know if it'll be possible to just flash a super su zip file from my twrp. If possible, please give me a link to a stable super su so I can flash it with the twrp and gain proper root access. Thanks

flash stock boot.img and perform a factory reset then retry magisk
if you decide to try supersu, then you'll still need to flash back stock boot.img; supersu2.82.zip is at https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=889764386195902173
xsantos
xsantos
xsantos
06-07-2018, 12:43 AM
(04-07-2018, 10:36 PM)X3non
(04-07-2018, 01:53 PM)xsantos
I have successfully installed the twrp on my phone and it works fine. But I have an issue with my root access. My phone can't seem to have any root access after I had already rooted it with magisk and once used root checker to confirm it. Now there's no root access again and the magisk app won't open. It just shows the logo and after sometime it'll show app is not responding. And I suspect I am not able to access my root permissions because the app can't open.

flash stock boot.img and perform a factory reset then retry magisk
if you decide to try supersu, then you'll still need to flash back stock boot.img; supersu2.82.zip is at https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=889764386195902173

I just tried doing this now and i realized the twrp recovery I flashed on my phone has gone back to the stock recovery by itself. What could be the cause of this?

Sent from my X1S using Hovatek Mobile
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
06-07-2018, 10:41 AM
(06-07-2018, 12:43 AM)xsantos I just tried doing this now and i realized the twrp recovery I flashed on my phone has gone back to the stock recovery by itself. What could be the cause of this?

Sent from my X1S using Hovatek Mobile

This is very normal. TWRP usually gives you an option to prevent this from happening but it involves a /system modification

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.