Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android How to unpack and repack OS 6.0 system.img
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

How to unpack and repack OS 6.0 system.img

How to unpack and repack OS 6.0 system.img

Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3
ryfoz
ryfoz
ryfoz
18-07-2018, 10:00 PM

(18-07-2018, 09:31 PM)X3non this is because OEMs now add tighter security to prevent users from tampering with the OS. at least you didnt need a custom DA to backup and yours can even boot into fastboot [even though it doesn't seem useful]. 

if you're still up for experimenting, you can deep search for other tools / kitchens you can use to add / insert / inject root or supersu into system.img.
lets know if you find anything interesting

Actually I think Assayed can get the job done, but I need to be able to add the supersu script manually in the  /system folder but I have no idea which command to use

I was hoping I could look into my old device running 5.1 and replicate it on this my SuperD

example enabling RW permissions in the system using adb

[Image: Screenshot_2018_07_18_21_59_18.jpg]
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
19-07-2018, 10:16 AM
(18-07-2018, 10:00 PM)ryfoz Actually I think Assayed can get the job done, but I need to be able to add the supersu script manually in the  /system folder but I have no idea which command to use

I was hoping I could look into my old device running 5.1 and replicate it on this my SuperD

example enabling RW permissions in the system using adb

the screenshot above has SU in the command. you don't yet have root.
You can look up scripts that inject supersu to system.img

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
ryfoz
ryfoz
ryfoz
19-07-2018, 06:54 PM
(19-07-2018, 10:16 AM)hovatek the screenshot above has SU in the command. you don't yet have root.
You can look up scripts that inject supersu to system.img

Am I on the right track here?

https://gist.github.com/gnidorah/465f7435a22dd41e97b7
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
20-07-2018, 10:00 AM
(19-07-2018, 06:54 PM)ryfoz Am I on the right track here?

https://gist.github.com/gnidorah/465f7435a22dd41e97b7

Somewhat but lets look at the end game for a moment. Even if you did succeed in injecting SU to system.img, there's still DM_Verity in boot.img . That would explain a brick / bootloop

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
ryfoz
ryfoz
ryfoz
20-07-2018, 08:54 PM

(20-07-2018, 10:00 AM)hovatek Somewhat but lets look at the end game for a moment. Even if you did succeed in injecting SU to system.img, there's still DM_Verity in boot.img . That would explain a brick / bootloop

I want to try the code but I am confused how it is organised

I don't know where to apply a single space or double space in the lines  especially where
fi
fi
fi is written

About the DM_Verity I came across it when I unpacked the boot.img in  Assayed Kitchen I think it gave me an option of removing it or something like that... can't recall precisely

Then again I can't find YouTube tutorial on how to type the SuperSU script or even find any tutorial on how to inject such script into a system.img

However I found 2 tutorial on how to root both MTK generally and any OS 6.0; the former involves using pc with KingoRoot + internet, while the latter is using Dr.fone with internet as well but the list of supported devices doesn't include many MTK, not to mention SuperD. I just want to try my luck but the stress of backing up my files and restoring them is a draw back now... I am contemplating if the hassle would be worth it
This post was last modified: 20-07-2018, 08:57 PM by ryfoz.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
23-07-2018, 06:08 PM
(20-07-2018, 08:54 PM)ryfoz I want to try the code but I am confused how it is organised

I don't know where to apply a single space or double space in the lines  especially where
       fi
    fi
fi is written

About the DM_Verity I came across it when I unpacked the boot.img in  Assayed Kitchen I think it gave me an option of removing it or something like that... can't recall precisely

Then again I can't find YouTube tutorial on how to type the SuperSU script or even find any tutorial on how to inject such script into a system.img

However I found 2 tutorial on how to root both MTK generally and any OS 6.0; the former involves using pc with KingoRoot + internet, while the latter is using Dr.fone with internet as well but the list of supported devices doesn't include many MTK, not to mention SuperD. I just want to try my luck but the stress of backing up my files and restoring them is a draw back now... I am contemplating if the hassle would be worth it

that guide is too long and cubersome. its actually a copy of update-binary file from a supersu zip file. same as this simpler method at http://lgviet.com/forum/threads/guide-g4...ant.45523/ [you need a PC running linux for this]
fair warning, this might be a waste of time due to dm-verity as @hovatek pointed out. doubt you'll be able to flash system.img with new contents without hitting a brick but who knows you can try it
Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3