Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android [Please help] Support Rooting Nexus 6p
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Support Rooting Nexus 6p

[Please help] Support Rooting Nexus 6p

creeperdude997
creeperdude997
creeperdude997
14-07-2018, 10:47 AM

Hey everyone im back again with rooting problems.
Got a new Huawei Nexus 6P runnin android 8.1.0 with security patch 5th July 2018
I tried the default method of using fastboot/adb to unlock bootloader and push TWRP but as soon as i push TWRP and boot to recovery it seems to work fine. After then rebooting to system in hopes of this working im greeted with a red triangle exclamation mark and a message saying "This device can no longer be trusted" and a forced factory reset which also removes TWRP. 
Anyone know any ways around this and any way to safely back up before trying new methods?

Android: 8.1.0
Security Patch: July 5th 2018
Baseband Version: Angler-03.87
This post was last modified: 14-07-2018, 10:49 AM by creeperdude997.
Attached Files
.jpg
c2R9iJg.jpg
Size: 33.15 KB / Downloads: 1
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
14-07-2018, 02:19 PM
(14-07-2018, 10:47 AM)creeperdude997 Hey everyone im back again with rooting problems.
Got a new Huawei Nexus 6P runnin android 8.1.0 with security patch 5th July 2018
I tried the default method of using fastboot/adb to unlock bootloader and push TWRP but as soon as i push TWRP and boot to recovery it seems to work fine. After then rebooting to system in hopes of this working im greeted with a red triangle exclamation mark and a message saying "This device can no longer be trusted" and a forced factory reset which also removes TWRP. 
Anyone know any ways around this and any way to safely back up before trying new methods?

Android: 8.1.0
Security Patch: July 5th 2018
Baseband Version: Angler-03.87

Your phone runs on Qualcomm MSM8994 Snapdragon 810 . To backup, you would need a hardware box / dongle. The stock rom should be readily available online for download though.
As for This device can no longer be trusted, do you get this when you only unlck bootloader and reboot?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.