Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND FIRMWARE
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND FIRMWARE

[Please help] IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND FIRMWARE

gaberilde
gaberilde
gaberilde
19-08-2018, 10:15 PM

If you can find the firmware for this, you are a god.

Cpu allwinner a31s (sun6i)
Board id TNET-Q971-REV02
other board info Zeng-gc 2013-09-02

tablet is named starpad 4, 9.7 but that is probbally very unlikely to help since im guessing it was rebranded or something...
came with android 4.4 kitkat

If you cant find firmware can you try find a bootrom for it or something and is it possible to flash a stock rom and modify and add
the allwiner crap to it and it will work? i know the bootrom is most important.
This post was last modified: 19-08-2018, 10:22 PM by gaberilde.
gaberilde
gaberilde
gaberilde
20-08-2018, 10:12 PM
I had it of being ignored on all these websites!

I know its probbally hard-impossible to find this but at least tell me if i can make my own rom for the device from scratch using the a31s boot loader code and allwiner drivers in the android system because then i will try and bother more about getting android aosp downloaded to the pc since its so large i have to free so much space
so tell me if it will do doable and worth it?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
21-08-2018, 10:15 AM
(20-08-2018, 10:12 PM)gaberilde I had it of being ignored on all these websites!

I know its probbally hard-impossible to find this but at least tell me if i can make my own rom for the device from scratch using the a31s boot loader code and allwiner drivers in the android system because then i will try and bother more about getting android aosp downloaded to the pc since its so large i have to free so much space
so tell me if it will do doable and worth it?

You would need to have the device's source code. There's barely any info about the device online let alone a source code

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
21-08-2018, 10:17 AM
(19-08-2018, 10:15 PM)gaberilde If you can find the firmware for this, you are a god.

Cpu allwinner a31s (sun6i)
Board id TNET-Q971-REV02
other board info Zeng-gc 2013-09-02

tablet is named starpad 4, 9.7 but that is probbally very unlikely to help since im guessing it was rebranded or something...
came with android 4.4 kitkat

If you cant find firmware can you try find a bootrom for it or something and is it possible to flash a stock rom and modify and add
the allwiner crap to it and it will work? i know the bootrom is most important.

Its usually difficult finding roms for generic tabs like this online, It'll probably be paid if you do. Finding someone with the same device is about your best bet.
It would help to know what's wrong with it, how it started and the device's present condition

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
gaberilde
gaberilde
gaberilde
24-09-2018, 06:50 PM

well its bricked it wont turn on apperently its fixable like fixing a bricked mtk device
i wanted to flash a rom because i couldent install apps properly and it was barley usable and unstable (kept rebooting and stuff) maybe due to that issue
i dont see how the hardware would cause it to be this bad since its quad core and kinda decent? maybe im wrong

we need someone with a simlar device to mine that is compatible with the cpu gpu etc and is more well known? theres a lot of info about simalr devices but not exact of corse
freshtyt
freshtyt
freshtyt
25-09-2018, 02:08 PM
(24-09-2018, 06:50 PM)gaberilde well its bricked it wont turn on apperently its fixable like fixing a bricked mtk device
i wanted to flash a rom because i couldent install apps properly and it was barley usable and unstable (kept rebooting and stuff) maybe due to that issue
i dont see how the hardware would cause it to be this bad since its quad core and kinda decent? maybe im wrong

we need someone with a simlar device to mine that is compatible with the cpu gpu etc and is more well known? theres a lot of info about simalr devices but not exact of corse

well its bricked it wont turn on
do you mean its totally dead now or just stuck at boot?
gaberilde
gaberilde
gaberilde
21-11-2018, 11:23 PM
(25-09-2018, 02:08 PM)freshtyt
(24-09-2018, 06:50 PM)gaberilde well its bricked it wont turn on apperently its fixable like fixing a bricked mtk device

well its bricked it wont turn on
do you mean its totally dead now or just stuck at boot?
well it just dosent turn on if u press power or plugin
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
22-11-2018, 10:04 AM
(21-11-2018, 11:23 PM)gaberilde well it just dosent turn on if u press power or plugin

So it's totally dead then, you mentioned earlier that [it was barely usable and unstable (kept rebooting and stuff)]. Can you tell us how exactly it went from that to been to totally dead