Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] "extractTarFork() process ended with ERROR: 255"
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Please help] "extractTarFork() process ended with ERROR: 255"

[Please help] "extractTarFork() process ended with ERROR: 255"

ZetaOmega8210
ZetaOmega8210
ZetaOmega8210
22-08-2018, 06:45 PM

Hello. I've been trying to restore my Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x with my backup file i have saved on my phone but whenever i try to, I get to 40% and then get the message, "extractTarFork() process ended with ERROR: 255". I was able to restore my phone by not restoring data, but if possible could someone show me how i could go about fixing this issue. I have included my log file in this post if it helps.
PS: I'm new to this so I may need detailed instructions on how to fix this as I'm not familiar with this kind of stuff.
Thanks in advance.
This post was last modified: 22-08-2018, 06:54 PM by ZetaOmega8210.
juvette
juvette
juvette
23-08-2018, 12:36 PM
(22-08-2018, 06:45 PM)ZetaOmega8210 Hello. I've been trying to restore my Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x with my backup file i have saved on my phone but whenever i try to, I get to 40% and then get the message, "extractTarFork() process ended with ERROR: 255". I was able to restore my phone by not restoring data, but if possible could someone show me how i could go about fixing this issue. I have included my log file in this post if it helps.
PS: I'm new to this so I may need detailed instructions on how to fix this as I'm not familiar with this kind of stuff.
Thanks in advance.

The problem is from userdata in your current backup. Keep thisbackup then do a fresh userdata backup. Try restoring userdata in your second backup and see if it works

Sent from my Infinix X510 using Hovatek Mobile
This post was last modified: 23-08-2018, 12:37 PM by juvette.