Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android [Please help] Magisk Manager 5.9.1/v17.1 - patched boot.img bootloop
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Magisk Manager 5.9.1/v17.1 - patched boot.img bootloop

[Please help] Magisk Manager 5.9.1/v17.1 - patched boot.img bootloop

kurasse
kurasse
kurasse
Enthusiastic Member
03-09-2018, 04:17 AM

Hello Hovatek forum

I have an LGMS550 MTP ..In the interest of complete transparency & full details I will recount how I ended up with this problem..

I initially had Magisk Manager 5.8.3/v16.0 installed (after following patch boot.img Hovatek method of course), as most of you might know by now Magisk & Magisk Manager recently received an update so I updated to 5.9.0..shortly thereafter I noticed root access was gone & so was access to modules/Download from the side menu. Magisk Manager 5.9.1/v17.1 is released, I update MM, still no root access.

I decide to go ahead & let MM 5.9.1 patch my stock boot.img so I can regain root access & simultaneously update Magisk. Patching is successful, the plan is to flash it on top of my previously patched boot.img. I flash the newly patched boot.img, Reboot..& I get a bootloop. Needless to say I had to re-flash KDZ & now I have come to the realize the latest Magisk Manager is possibly incapable of outputting a patched boot.img without causing bootloop.

However Any suggestions on how to fix this would be appreciated.

Thank you
juvette
juvette
juvette
03-09-2018, 10:46 AM
(03-09-2018, 04:17 AM)kurasse Hello Hovatek forum

I have an LGMS550 MTP ..In the interest of complete transparency & full details I will recount how I ended up with this problem..

I initially had Magisk Manager 5.8.3/v16.0 installed (after following patch boot.img Hovatek method of course), as most of you might know by now Magisk & Magisk Manager recently received an update so I updated to 5.9.0..shortly thereafter I noticed root access was gone & so was access to modules/Download from the side menu. Magisk Manager 5.9.1/v17.1 is released, I update MM, still no root access.

I decide to go ahead & let MM 5.9.1 patch my stock boot.img so I can regain root access & simultaneously update Magisk. Patching is successful, the plan is to flash it on top of my previously patched boot.img. I flash the newly patched boot.img, Reboot..& I get a bootloop. Needless to say I had to re-flash KDZ & now I have come to the realize the latest Magisk Manager is possibly incapable of outputting a patched boot.img without causing bootloop.

Thank you

You are not alone in experiencing this wen upgrading to 5.91 v17. From a comment by the developer, its due to some hard coded database entries in v16. I believe a hot-fix is in the making
Try this
Once your phone is fixed (after removing MM v17), install your previous version of MM and flash the patched_boot.img from v16
You should have root and all working again.
install v17.1 via Manager with option direct installation then re-root with v17.1

Sent from my Infinix X510 using Hovatek Mobile
This post was last modified: 03-09-2018, 10:56 AM by juvette.
mustysmart
mustysmart
mustysmart
Techie Member
04-09-2018, 12:35 PM
(03-09-2018, 04:17 AM)kurasse Hello Hovatek forum

Thank you
am expecting they have fixed the issue becaused i just upgrade my own to v17.1 using recommended option and working very fine if your own still not work am advising you to flash back yourformer one[Image: 6e5335b7f9a86ae8f871bfc40c6bd66e.jpg]

Sent from my A1 lite using Tapatalk