Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android I want to flash my infinix x557 without loosing my userdata
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

I want to flash my infinix x557 without loosing my userdata

I want to flash my infinix x557 without loosing my userdata

Godetronics
Godetronics
Godetronics
10-09-2018, 07:28 PM

Hovatek tnx for ur selfless services these years. My infinix hot 4 lite is stuck at the XOS chameleon logo, I've gotten the the exact ROM files from ur links. Pls i wish to have a clarification on the file that is corrupted in this type of case. Cos i wish not to loose my userdata after flashing the phone. Or beta put, wch files can i flash with and get my phone back without loosing my data n contacts? . Thank you.

Incase you wish to know I've created a userdata backup from recovery mode and have also done the read backup using miracle box. I did all these after this stuck issue. All i want to know is the files to flash it with from the exact phone Rom files I've gotten from hovatek.com in order to have my phone boot to homescreen, and probably don't loose my userdata. But even if i should loose it during the flashing, will the userdata backup I've gotten be good for use in restoring(ie to having all my data back)? Thank you
This post was last modified: 11-09-2018, 06:33 AM by Godetronics.
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
10-09-2018, 11:26 PM
(10-09-2018, 07:28 PM)Godetronics Hovatek tnx for ur selfless services these years. My infinix hot 4 lite is stuck at the XOS chameleon logo, I've gotten the the exact ROM files from ur links. Pls i wish to have a clarification on the file that is corrupted in this type of case. Cos i wish not to loose my userdata after flashing the phone. Or beta put, wch files can i flash with and get my phone back without loosing my data n contacts? . Thank you.

Try flashing boot, recovery and system.img only.
Let's know the outcome.

Sent from my M5mini using Hovatek Mobile
Godetronics
Godetronics
Godetronics
11-09-2018, 06:36 AM
Ok tnx I will reply when I've done it.

Incase you wish to know I've created a userdata backup from recovery mode and have also done the read backup using miracle box. I did all these after this stuck issue. All i want to know is the files to flash it with from the exact phone Rom files I've gotten from hovatek.com in order to have my phone boot to homescreen, and probably don't loose my userdata. But even if i should loose it during the flashing, will the userdata backup I've gotten be good  for use in restoring(ie to having all my data back)? Thank you
This post was last modified: 11-09-2018, 06:38 AM by Godetronics.
EMMANUS
EMMANUS
EMMANUS
11-09-2018, 07:50 AM
(11-09-2018, 06:36 AM)Godetronics Ok tnx I will reply when I've done it.

Incase you wish to know I've created a userdata backup from recovery mode and have also done the read backup using miracle box. I did all these after this stuck issue. All i want to know is the files to flash it with from the exact phone Rom files I've gotten from hovatek.com in order to have my phone boot to homescreen, and probably don't loose my userdata. But even if i should loose it during the flashing, will the userdata backup I've gotten be good  for use in restoring(ie to having all my data back)? Thank you

[Image: angel.gif]  To have a better shot at this, you need to be very specific about the build number you flash, it has to be exactly same as your present build, if not, the probability that after flashing, it will get stuck at boot logo is high. This will again entail hard reset. But , you can try. [Image: smile.gif]
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
11-09-2018, 10:28 AM

(11-09-2018, 06:36 AM)Godetronics Ok tnx I will reply when I've done it.

I hope you did a full dump of your phone using Miracle Box i.e boot, recovery, system included. You need to find out your current build number. This will tell you what firmware to flash.
You can find out your build number using https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-16005.html

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Godetronics
Godetronics
Godetronics
16-09-2018, 03:51 AM
I later flashed it with the boot, recovery and system.img files but it was still stuck, so i had to finally wipe data/factory reset for it to boot to Google frp n so on. Now since i had done a full rom backup with miraclebox, how can i use the userdata  and other files in that backup to restore or regain my vital data. Was thinking of doing a full rom backup with miraclebox again with the phone as it is now, and then taking the boot and recovery files from this current backup together with the userdata of the former backup and flash it again, in a bit to have my data back. I want to know if it will work as i think. Tnx hovatek for ur professional help and response.
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
16-09-2018, 11:48 AM
(16-09-2018, 03:51 AM)Godetronics I later flashed it with the boot, recovery and system.img files but it was still stuck, so i had to finally wipe data/factory reset for it to boot to Google frp n so on. Now since i had done a full rom backup with miraclebox, how can i use the userdata  and other files in that backup to restore or regain my vital data. Was thinking of doing a full rom backup with miraclebox again with the phone as it is now, and then taking the boot and recovery files from this current backup together with the userdata of the former backup and flash it again, in a bit to have my data back. I want to know if it will work as i think. Tnx hovatek for ur professional help and response.

Yes, you can try that. Let's know how it goes.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
17-09-2018, 03:54 PM
(16-09-2018, 03:51 AM)Godetronics I later flashed it with the boot, recovery and system.img files but it was still stuck, so i had to finally wipe data/factory reset for it to boot to Google frp n so on. Now since i had done a full rom backup with miraclebox, how can i use the userdata  and other files in that backup to restore or regain my vital data. Was thinking of doing a full rom backup with miraclebox again with the phone as it is now, and then taking the boot and recovery files from this current backup together with the userdata of the former backup and flash it again, in a bit to have my data back. I want to know if it will work as i think. Tnx hovatek for ur professional help and response.

You can just try flash back only preloader and userdata from your previous backup

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.