Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android HOW TO ROOT INFINIX X604 WITHOUT MAGISK
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

HOW TO ROOT INFINIX X604 WITHOUT MAGISK

HOW TO ROOT INFINIX X604 WITHOUT MAGISK

Pages (5): Previous 1 2 3 4 5
charveey
charveey
charveey
26-10-2018, 06:38 AM

(19-09-2018, 01:57 AM)alumi4skop See, I initially wanted to create this kinda thread, after thorough search, I found a twrp not on hovatek, but failed to flash via adb, then I became so tired then decided to flash via magisk, thanks to hovatek for providing me d stock boot for my build, so I am rooted, I initially notice some things
1. The ROM total package ROM I downloaded from hovatek doesn't have recovery after I unzip
2. During adb push, I noticed DAT fastboot flash recovery with twrp I downloaded from third paty not hovatek ooo, after the command, my computer display sent 14404kb and drive not find and still display succesful and my phone never display drive not find but display the twrp byte and said success, after I try d command adb boot recovery twrp.img yielded no result but only said invalid command, but wait Oo the command line is valid,but invalid due to x604 partition layout and bootloader formation,
3. After rooting via magisk with d fear of OTA update I downloaded partition backup from play store but I cannot see recovery in d list of partition, dats went its done on me with dis phone oooo, pls HOVATEK ADMIN PLS HELP US, I have never seen a ROM without recovery, my first sincerely and I have used many android phones and root all of them,thanks

Magisk has now an option for devices with treeble support.
  • Make sure you have the latest version of magisk
  • Disable auto update in Dev options
anually download and install the OTA [NEGATIVE SQUARED LATIN CAPITAL LETTER B]without[/B] [NEGATIVE SQUARED LATIN CAPITAL LETTER B]rebooting[/B]
  • Go to Magisk
press uninstall then restore backup (no problem if it says no backup found)
  • Press
install and select install in inactive slot ( after OTA)
  • Press reboot
In Magisk, not the normal reboot) and voilà

Envoyé de mon Infinix X604 avec Hovatek Mobile
alumi4skop
alumi4skop
alumi4skop
26-10-2018, 11:36 PM
(26-10-2018, 06:38 AM)charveey
(19-09-2018, 01:57 AM)alumi4skop See, I initially wanted to create this kinda thread, after thorough  search, I found a twrp not on hovatek, but failed to flash via adb, then I became so tired then decided to flash via magisk, thanks to hovatek for providing me d stock boot for my build, so I am rooted, I initially notice some things
1. The ROM total package ROM I downloaded from hovatek doesn't have recovery after I unzip
2. During adb push, I noticed DAT fastboot flash recovery  with twrp I downloaded from third paty not hovatek ooo, after the command, my computer display sent 14404kb and drive not find and still display succesful and my phone never display drive not find but display the twrp byte and said success, after I try d command adb boot recovery twrp.img yielded no result but only said invalid command, but wait Oo the command line is valid,but invalid due to x604 partition layout and bootloader formation, 
3. After rooting via magisk with d fear of OTA update I downloaded partition backup from play store but I cannot see recovery in d list of partition, dats went its done on me with dis phone oooo, pls HOVATEK ADMIN  PLS HELP US, I have never seen a ROM without recovery, my first sincerely and I have used many android phones and root all of them,thanks

anually download and install the OTA 🅱without[/B] 🅱rebooting[/B]
  • Go to Magisk
  • Press
  • Press reboot

So after d press of uninstall in magisk and pressing of reboot in magisk, so by this we don't need to flash stock boot again either tru adb or custom recovery ,and by ur say, will magisk restore boot.img to d stock boot,which means by ur saying now magisk can revert to original stock boot without any stress to start flashing stock boot, am i right

Sent from my Infinix X604 using Hovatek Mobile
charveey
charveey
charveey
27-10-2018, 08:46 AM
(26-10-2018, 11:36 PM)alumi4skop
(19-09-2018, 01:57 AM)alumi4skop See, I initially wanted to create this kinda thread, after thorough  search, I found a twrp not on hovatek, but failed to flash via adb, then I became so tired then decided to flash via magisk, thanks to hovatek for providing me d stock boot for my build, so I am rooted, I initially notice some things
2. During adb push, I noticed DAT fastboot flash recovery  with twrp I downloaded from third paty not hovatek ooo, after the command, my computer display sent 14404kb and drive not find and still display succesful and my phone never display drive not find but display the twrp byte and said success, after I try d command adb boot recovery twrp.img yielded no result but only said invalid command, but wait Oo the command line is valid,but invalid due to x604 partition layout and bootloader formation, 
3. After rooting via magisk with d fear of OTA update I downloaded partition backup from play store but I cannot see recovery in d list of partition, dats went its done on me with dis phone oooo, pls HOVATEK ADMIN  PLS HELP US, I have never seen a ROM without recovery, my first sincerely and I have used many android phones and root all of them,thanks

• Go to Magisk
  • Press
  • Press reboot

So after d press of uninstall in magisk and pressing of reboot in magisk, so by this we don't need to flash stock boot again either tru adb or custom recovery ,and by ur say, will magisk restore boot.img to d stock boot,which means by ur saying now magisk can revert to original stock boot without any stress to start flashing stock boot, am i right

Yes according to the documentation. Just after uninstalling, just don't forget to install it in the inactive slot. But it only restore the backup of boot.img it had patched and installed itself ( a boot.img you haven't installed in fastboot) bcz when I pressed restore it didn't find any backup of my current boot.img (slot A) but while installing in slot B the backup went fine

Enthusiast tech geek Wink Also a French speaker. Cheers from my Infinix Note 5
This post was last modified: 27-10-2018, 08:47 AM by charveey.
alumi4skop
alumi4skop
alumi4skop
27-10-2018, 09:20 AM
(27-10-2018, 08:46 AM)charveey
(26-10-2018, 11:36 PM)alumi4skop

• Go to Magisk
  • Press
  • Press reboot

Yes according to the documentation. Just after uninstalling, just don't forget to install it in the inactive slot. But it only restore the backup of boot.img it had patched and installed itself ( a boot.img you haven't installed in fastboot) bcz when I pressed restore it didn't find any backup of my current boot.img (slot A) but while installing in slot B the backup went fine

Enthusiast tech geek Wink Also a French speaker. Cheers from my Infinix Note 5

Most mtk phone don't have two slot a\b ,(maybe oppo and vivo may have , i don't know, cos they really implement mtk chip very well , u use their phone mtk phone, u feel u dey sdq) i think phones like oneplus and some phones like essentials have two slot, I don't think in if any infinix or tecno have a/b partition in their memory layout

This post was last modified: 27-10-2018, 09:26 AM by alumi4skop.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
27-10-2018, 10:50 AM

(27-10-2018, 09:20 AM)alumi4skop Most mtk phone don't have two slot a\b ,(maybe oppo and vivo may have , i don't know, cos they really implement mtk chip very well , u use their phone mtk phone, u feel u dey sdq) i think phones like oneplus and some phones like essentials have two slot, I don't think in if any infinix or tecno have a/b partition in their memory layout

infinix note 5 and 5 pro should have two slots. easily noticeable from the scatter file of these models
alumi4skop
alumi4skop
alumi4skop
27-10-2018, 03:02 PM
(27-10-2018, 10:50 AM)X3non
(27-10-2018, 09:20 AM)alumi4skop

Most mtk phone don't have two slot a\b ,(maybe oppo and vivo may have , i don't know, cos they really implement mtk chip very well , u use their phone mtk phone, u feel u dey sdq) i think phones like oneplus and some phones like essentials have two slot, I don't think in if any infinix or tecno have a/b partition in their memory layout

infinix note 5 and 5 pro should have two slots. easily noticeable from the scatter file of these models

Are u sure, u mean a/b partitions like the likes of oneplus and pixel line, hmm I doubt it ooo, well gonna dig more on this,and I will subject it to a test, if it has ,I will update u here,thanks

alumi4skop
alumi4skop
alumi4skop
28-10-2018, 08:30 PM
(27-10-2018, 10:50 AM)X3non
(27-10-2018, 09:20 AM)alumi4skop

Yes u are damn right after i dug into dis, thanks, i have never works with dis b4 but i have heared many things about a/b partition

alumi4skop
alumi4skop
alumi4skop
28-10-2018, 08:32 PM
Thanks for d info, u are my hero for today for dis tip, i owe u one heineken beer

Pages (5): Previous 1 2 3 4 5