Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android Need Custom Recovery TWRP
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Need Custom Recovery TWRP

Need Custom Recovery TWRP

Pages (5): Previous 1 2 3 4 5
isrgish
isrgish
isrgish
Techie Member
21-11-2018, 11:57 AM

(21-11-2018, 11:00 AM)X3non You can only apply that fix if you have the kernel source code for your device (but i'm guessing you don't so you'll have to make do with what you have)

Would it be possible to find another port of TWRP that has the orientation synchronized?

Would you be able to give me the details of how this current TWRP was port to my device? This way I may be able to find something that I can report that will have the correct sync of the display and touch.

Thank You,
This post was last modified: 21-11-2018, 11:57 AM by isrgish.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
21-11-2018, 12:01 PM
(19-11-2018, 07:56 PM)isrgish After trying to boot it in the boot section and playing around with it I find that I do have touch even in recovery mode. The problem is that the touch is rotated away from the actual display. The display is in portrait put the touch only works as if its in landscape (This is as if the device needs to be turned to the right 90 degrees to be able to touch).

Another side question: Is this forced encrypt? can it be set to not be forced to encrypt? (I'm not sure if I know what I'm asking here its just that I realized after playing with this recovery that my data is encrypted and I don't want it to be encrypted).

For the touch issue, that needs to be fixed at the kernel level.
Yes,the forced encrypt flag is in fstab. Removing this could cause userdata mount problems or TWRP requesting for a password.
You could try flashing no-verity-opt-encrypt.zip in custom recovery

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
isrgish
isrgish
isrgish
Techie Member
21-11-2018, 01:01 PM
(21-11-2018, 12:01 PM)hovatek You could try flashing no-verity-opt-encrypt.zip in custom recovery

Where can I get this file "no-verity-opt-encrypt.zip"
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
22-11-2018, 12:48 PM
(21-11-2018, 01:01 PM)isrgish Where can I get this file "no-verity-opt-encrypt.zip"

see https://build.nethunter.com/android-tool...t-encrypt/

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
isrgish
isrgish
isrgish
Techie Member
25-11-2018, 01:44 PM

My tablet died from one minute to the next. Since this happened about 2 days after I installed the TWRP custom recovery, I was wondering if its possibly connected.

At the same time I would ask of anyone can help me here to revive my tablet.

This is what happened:
I was trying to push a file with adb to the external SD card and was getting a permission denied error. So I tried doing adbd root this didn't help.after trying. 2 - 3 times the tablet just shut off and nothing O do will turn it back on again.
I can't turn it on.
I candidates connect to the PC with USB.
And I can't even get a handshake with SP Patch Tool.

is my device bricked?
Is there anything I can possibly to get it back to life.

I have searched with Google and found different button combo to get it back but nothing seems to work.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
26-11-2018, 09:19 AM
(25-11-2018, 01:44 PM)isrgish My tablet died from one minute to the next. Since this happened about 2 days after I installed the TWRP custom recovery, ...

Disconnect / reconnect the battery of the device then allow to charge for some hours

If that still doesn't help then create a new thread so we'll focus on this
Pages (5): Previous 1 2 3 4 5