Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android How to solve password error on encrypted phone TWRP?
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

How to solve password error on encrypted phone TWRP?

How to solve password error on encrypted phone TWRP?

xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
03-04-2019, 06:21 PM

I have TECNO CX Air and it is password protected and when I am reboot in to recovery mode and trying to install zip file from my internal storage it asks me to enter the password and when I entered the password correctly it says password not correct or error. Is there a way to fix such kind of error on TWRP.

Sent from my TECNO CX Air using Tapatalk
freshtyt
freshtyt
freshtyt
04-04-2019, 05:23 PM
(03-04-2019, 06:21 PM)Mikesew I have TECNO CX Air and it is password protected and when I am reboot in to recovery mode and trying to install zip file from my internal storage it asks me to enter the password and when I entered the password correctly it says password not correct or error. Is there a way to fix such kind of error on TWRP.

format userdata to clear encryption
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
04-04-2019, 09:23 PM
What can I do if I want the protection? Is there any other method to make the TWRP recognize my password rather than formating the userdata?

freshtyt
freshtyt
freshtyt
05-04-2019, 09:07 AM
(04-04-2019, 09:23 PM)Mikesew What can I do if I want the protection? Is there any other method to make the TWRP recognize my password rather than formating the userdata?

No
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
22-04-2019, 10:55 PM

But on my friends phone it works when he goes back to recovery mode the TWRP requests for the pattern and then he entered his pattern finally unlock his data.

His phone is TECNO W3 Android 6.0

X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
23-04-2019, 09:29 AM
(22-04-2019, 10:55 PM)Mikesew But on my friends phone it works when he goes back to recovery mode the TWRP requests for the pattern and then he entered his pattern finally unlock his data.

His phone is TECNO W3 Android 6.0

Every phone isnt the same, and i bet you've tried your pattern and it didn't work thus confirming the same doesn't work for all
if you're tired of formatting then either use external SD and avoid internal storage or use a different custom recovery e.g philz