Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Mediatek Engineering mode not available in Infinix note 5(Android one)
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Mediatek Engineering mode not available in Infinix note 5(Android one)

Mediatek Engineering mode not available in Infinix note 5(Android one)

Probir Ghosh
Probir Ghosh
Probir Ghosh
17-05-2019, 08:58 PM

How to install mediatek Engineering mode system app manually? Because in Android one device they didn't include the mediatek Engineering mode app. Without this I can't lock or unlock LTE bands. Please help me .. Chipset MT6763
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
18-05-2019, 08:48 AM
(17-05-2019, 08:58 PM)Probir Ghosh How to install mediatek Engineering mode system app manually? Because in Android one device they didn't include the mediatek Engineering mode app. Without this I can't lock or unlock LTE bands. Please help me .. Chipset MT6763

You can download mtk engineering mofde app from playstore
mind you, you can't unlock lte bands which your device doesn't support and all it supports have already been unlocked. if you need a specific band then you should check the phone specs for the said band before buying it
Probir Ghosh
Probir Ghosh
Probir Ghosh
18-05-2019, 09:30 AM
but i did installed the mtk engineering mode app from playstore and when i click on the mtk settings it says can't find mtk engineering mode app. This is because of no engineering mode system app is installed on the device . Infinix said Android one device doesn't allow mtk engineering mode.. Any other solutions for lte band lock.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
18-05-2019, 04:51 PM
(18-05-2019, 09:30 AM)Probir Ghosh but i did installed the mtk engineering mode app from playstore and when i click on the mtk settings it says can't find mtk engineering mode app. This is because of no engineering mode system app is installed on the device . Infinix said Android one device doesn't allow mtk engineering mode.. Any other solutions for lte band lock.

i already mentioned
"you can't unlock lte bands which your device doesn't support and all it supports have already been unlocked. if you need a specific band then you should check the phone specs for the said band before buying it"
Probir Ghosh
Probir Ghosh
Probir Ghosh
18-05-2019, 05:13 PM

my chipset does support LTE band 5 and i want to lock on that band .. tell me how to do that except mtk engineering mode?
alumi4skop
alumi4skop
alumi4skop
19-05-2019, 01:59 PM
Eh gosh,mtk ain't gonna work on your phone ,it's part of CTS test suite for android 8.1 and above,for the device to pass this test u got to remove mtk engineering app,back to LTE unlock,u can't alter the band ur mtk didn't pass,dude this ain't Qualcomm which you can tinker with it deeply,mtk is like close with its source code,so enjoy ur bands,I guess u need band 28 lol ,dig b4 u buy
juvette
juvette
juvette
21-05-2019, 03:14 PM
(17-05-2019, 08:58 PM)Probir Ghosh How to install mediatek Engineering mode system app manually? Because in Android one device they didn't include the mediatek Engineering mode app. Without this I can't lock or unlock LTE bands. Please help me .. Chipset MT6763

How did you learn that the band is supported but locked?