Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] WHY DATA CORRUPTION.
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] WHY DATA CORRUPTION.

[Please help] WHY DATA CORRUPTION.

dapo4friends
dapo4friends
dapo4friends
12-06-2019, 03:45 PM

I DOWNLOADED/FLASHED AN UPDATED FIRMWARE (MARCH UPDATE) TO MY ROOTED INFINIX NOTE 5 STYLUS. THEN I TRIED USING OTA TO GET IT TO THE MAY UPDATE.

RESTARTED AND ANDROID STARTED ASKING ME FOR PASSWORD, I ENTERED, THEN IT TOLD ME MY DATA WAS CORRUPT AND I HAVE TO FACTORY RESET IT, I DID AND THE PHONE WAS STILL BACK AT THE MARCH UPDATE..

IVE ATTEMPTED THE OTA TWICE WITH THE SAME RESULT..I ACTUALLY WANTED A CLEAN SYSTEM TO START ON

PLEASE WHY DID/DOES THIS DATA CORRUPTION HAPPEN?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
12-06-2019, 09:12 PM
(12-06-2019, 03:45 PM)dapo4friends I DOWNLOADED/FLASHED AN UPDATED FIRMWARE (MARCH UPDATE) TO MY ROOTED INFINIX NOTE 5 STYLUS. THEN I TRIED USING OTA TO GET IT TO THE MAY UPDATE.
RESTARTED AND ANDROID STARTED ASKING ME FOR PASSWORD, I ENTERED, THEN IT TOLD ME MY DATA WAS CORRUPT AND I HAVE TO FACTORY RESET IT, I DID AND THE PHONE WAS STILL BACK AT THE MARCH UPDATE..
IVE ATTEMPTED THE OTA TWICE WITH THE SAME RESULT..I ACTUALLY WANTED A CLEAN SYSTEM TO START ON

maybe infinix team can answer that question
"THEN I TRIED USING OTA TO GET IT TO THE MAY UPDATE" -- you didn't state if the OTA update was successfully flashed or not
have you tried to factory reset the phone then without installing anything perform the OTA update?
dapo4friends
dapo4friends
dapo4friends
14-06-2019, 07:24 PM
(12-06-2019, 09:12 PM)X3non
(12-06-2019, 03:45 PM)dapo4friends I DOWNLOADED/FLASHED AN UPDATED FIRMWARE (MARCH UPDATE) TO MY ROOTED INFINIX NOTE 5 STYLUS. THEN I TRIED USING OTA TO GET IT TO THE MAY UPDATE.

maybe infinix team can answer that question
"THEN I TRIED USING OTA TO GET IT TO THE MAY UPDATE" -- you didn't state if the OTA update was successfully flashed or not
have you tried to factory reset the phone then without installing anything perform the OTA update?

well i guess the fact that it went back to the march update means it didnt flash successfully... like i said, i tried the OTA twice
Nedmichael
Nedmichael
Nedmichael
15-06-2019, 05:22 AM
The problem is your device BOOTLOADER is unlocked. True or False ?
Relock your device BOOTLOADER( it surely will factory reset your device). Then, try the OTA, it will surely work.(download-install-optimise system app-reboot system)
If it doesn't, I will give you another method if only your device is rooted.
dapo4friends
dapo4friends
dapo4friends
15-06-2019, 11:47 PM

(15-06-2019, 05:22 AM)Nedmichael The problem is your device BOOTLOADER is unlocked. True or False ?
Relock your device BOOTLOADER( it surely will factory reset your device). Then, try the OTA, it will surely work.(download-install-optimise system app-reboot system)
If it doesn't, I will give you another method if only your device is rooted.

choi! why didnt i think of the unlocked bootloader ooo..i could have saved myself so much stress!!!! Thanks all the same..i appreciate the information.