Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android How to make the WIFI MAC Address Random on every toggle on MTK?
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

How to make the WIFI MAC Address Random on every toggle on MTK?

How to make the WIFI MAC Address Random on every toggle on MTK?

xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
07-07-2019, 02:25 PM

As you know many MTK phones WIFI MAC Address becomes random after formatting using SP Flashtool and re installing the respective ROM.

I want to make my phone's WIFI MAC Address to become Random on every toggle of WIFI.

Is there a way to do this without formatting the whole device with SP Flashtool.

I know that MAC Address of MTK phone's related on either NVData or NVRAM of the device partition.

Can I fulfill my need by only formatting the two partitions from TWRP?

MY PHONE IS :- TECNO CX Air

Sent from my TECNO CX Air using Tapatalk
freshtyt
freshtyt
freshtyt
08-07-2019, 09:17 AM
(07-07-2019, 02:25 PM)MIkesew1320 As you know many MTK phones WIFI MAC Address becomes random after formatting using SP Flashtool and re installing the respective ROM.

I want to make my phone's WIFI MAC Address to become Random on every toggle of WIFI.

Is there a way to do this without formatting the whole device with SP Flashtool.

I know that MAC Address of MTK phone's related on either NVData or NVRAM of the device partition.

Can I fulfill my need by only formatting the two partitions from TWRP?

MY PHONE IS :- TECNO CX Air

one way to find out is to try it out and see the result for yourself
be sure to backup those partitions before formatting them cause you will not only break wifi but imei as well
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
08-07-2019, 12:07 PM
What will happen, If I backed up the partitions before I wiped them out.

If stg goes wrong, can I get back my default WIFI MAC and IMEI by restoring my previous backup[emoji780]

freshtyt
freshtyt
freshtyt
08-07-2019, 07:02 PM
(08-07-2019, 12:07 PM)MIkesew1320 ...
If stg goes wrong, can I get back my default WIFI MAC and IMEI by restoring my previous backup[emoji780]

exactly!!