Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android HTC Desire HD won't respond to hard reset
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

HTC Desire HD won't respond to hard reset

HTC Desire HD won't respond to hard reset

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
helpmeplease
helpmeplease
helpmeplease
Enthusiastic Member
18-05-2014, 09:27 AM

My HTC Desire HD is rooted to Mokee, and it suddenly died the other day. When I try to hard reset it by holding the volume down and power button, it freezes into the Mokee image, and wont go into the settings. What do I do? Can somebody please help?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
18-05-2014, 10:01 AM
(18-05-2014, 09:27 AM)helpmeplease My HTC Desire HD is rooted to Mokee, and it suddenly died the other day. When I try to hard reset it by holding the volume down and power button, it freezes into the Mokee image, and wont go into the settings. What do I do? Can somebody please help?

1. Did this issue begin when you did a factory reset from Settings or do you remember what exactly you did before it 'died'?
2. What exactly do you mean by 'died'

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
helpmeplease
helpmeplease
helpmeplease
Enthusiastic Member
18-05-2014, 10:17 AM
(18-05-2014, 10:01 AM)hovatek
(18-05-2014, 09:27 AM)helpmeplease My HTC Desire HD is rooted to Mokee, and it suddenly died the other day. When I try to hard reset it by holding the volume down and power button, it freezes into the Mokee image, and wont go into the settings. What do I do? Can somebody please help?

1. Did this issue begin when you did a factory reset from Settings or do you remember what exactly you did before it 'died'?
2. What exactly do you mean by 'died'

What happened was my phone wifi wasn't responding, so I tried to do a reboot by pressing power and volume button, since then it stopped working. It won't start, and when I want to hard reset it freeze at the mokee screen
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
18-05-2014, 10:31 AM
(18-05-2014, 10:17 AM)helpmeplease What happened was my phone wifi wasn't responding, so I tried to do a reboot by pressing power and volume button, since then it stopped working. It won't start, and when I want to hard reset it freeze at the mokee screen

What exactly did you see when you pressed the power and volume button the first time?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
helpmeplease
helpmeplease
helpmeplease
Enthusiastic Member
18-05-2014, 10:38 AM

(18-05-2014, 10:31 AM)hovatek
(18-05-2014, 10:17 AM)helpmeplease What happened was my phone wifi wasn't responding, so I tried to do a reboot by pressing power and volume button, since then it stopped working. It won't start, and when I want to hard reset it freeze at the mokee screen

What exactly did you see when you pressed the power and volume button the first time?

The screen showed nothing, the phone did not respond at all. there was no response, maybe because i pressed the volume up button. when i press the volume down button and the power button to hard reset it, it showed the mokee screen (because i rooted it to mokee) and it just freeze there,,, it didnt take me to the settings. is there a way that i can enter into the setting and factory reset the whole phone through computer?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
18-05-2014, 10:51 AM
(18-05-2014, 10:38 AM)helpmeplease The screen showed nothing, the phone did not respond at all. there was no response, maybe because i pressed the volume up button. when i press the volume down button and the power button to hard reset it, it showed the mokee screen (because i rooted it to mokee) and it just freeze there,,, it didnt take me to the settings. is there a way that i can enter into the setting and factory reset the whole phone through computer?

You could use ADB. Download a tool named AIO flasher and let us know once that is done.

Note!
helpmeplease
helpmeplease
helpmeplease
Enthusiastic Member
18-05-2014, 10:59 AM
(18-05-2014, 10:51 AM)hovatek
(18-05-2014, 10:38 AM)helpmeplease The screen showed nothing, the phone did not respond at all. there was no response, maybe because i pressed the volume up button. when i press the volume down button and the power button to hard reset it, it showed the mokee screen (because i rooted it to mokee) and it just freeze there,,, it didnt take me to the settings. is there a way that i can enter into the setting and factory reset the whole phone through computer?

You could use ADB. Download a tool named AIO flasher and let us know once that is done.

So do i download both ADB and AIO and connect it to pc together? I'm sorry but i really don't understand how to go about this..
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
18-05-2014, 12:50 PM
(18-05-2014, 10:59 AM)helpmeplease So do i download both ADB and AIO and connect it to pc together? I'm sorry but i really don't understand how to go about this..

Download only AIO flasher

Note!
androgen
androgen
androgen
18-05-2014, 02:23 PM
@ helpmeplease. Can you boot to fastboot (vol+ & power)? If you can, try entering recovery (factory reset) and reset it. If you are using a custom rom, try reflashing through recovery... If you can't get to recovery, then you'll have to flash a temporary recovery using fastboot...
helpmeplease
helpmeplease
helpmeplease
Enthusiastic Member
18-05-2014, 02:31 PM

(18-05-2014, 02:23 PM)androgen @ helpmeplease. Can you boot to fastboot (vol+ & power)? If you can, try entering recovery (factory reset) and reset it. If you are using a custom rom, try reflashing through recovery... If you can't get to recovery, then you'll have to flash a temporary recovery using fastboot...

No I tried power and volume button and it didn't work it froze in mokee (equivalent of the Android logo since I rooted it)

I just downloaded the AIO. what do I do now? How do I use this program? Im quite computer illiterate, help me please.
Pages (2): 1 2 Next