Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android about SDT
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

about SDT

about SDT

Pages (11): Previous 17 8 9 10 11
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
24-07-2020, 09:15 AM

(23-07-2020, 11:22 AM)Timmylog Yes ive seen this a long time ago but i personally don't think ab roms would work on an a-only tecno device, cause of its a low budget device. LOL... But there's no harm in trying though so ill give you feedback after i test it. But for the record, i still don't think it'll work. LOL...

been a low budget phone doesn't really have anything to do with the implementation of the OS, the device comes with android 9 and therefore system-as-root too
it's now upto you to test both a-only and a/b roms to find out which works for your device
Timmylog
Timmylog
Timmylog
Experienced Member
25-07-2020, 06:40 PM
Hi!
Thanks a lot, it turns out that it was an ab system img I needed for my phone!.
.......And I thought it was eventually going to end up in a boot loop. LOL....
Well, everything seems to work fine except for offline charging that doesn't show the percentage... And night light/Eye protect scheduler which crashes whenever I try to customize it. But at least it's better than that Tecno system image I had before cause it was just eating up my poor 1gig ram. And yes it has root access by the way, but it's not system-less root but I can fix all that. It's a little problem. Now I can minimize apps and come back and meet them the same way if left it unlike before that it would be a dead process during Tecno's system img.
Once again thank you very much!
Timmylog
Timmylog
Timmylog
Experienced Member
11-09-2020, 05:26 PM
Hi hovatek,
So i tried your latest twrp porter and flashed it to my phone, this time around twrp booted succesfully but i did have some issues with the 0mb stuff which ive fixed but now im facing unable to mount /system issues.
I saw some thread about someone extracting the stock and ported recovery and renaming mount points. I also saw another one where you could get the correct mount points from your phone and copy it into the ported recovery.
But i just wanted to ask you first if its that same issue im having or i should wipe system or something like that. And if its mount point issue, should i follow the guidelines of the thread or i should upload my stock and ported recovery here? Thanks in advance!
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
12-09-2020, 10:22 AM
(11-09-2020, 05:26 PM)Timmylog Hi hovatek,
So i tried your latest twrp porter and flashed it to my phone,  this time around twrp booted succesfully but i did have some issues with the 0mb stuff which ive fixed but now im facing unable to mount /system issues.
I saw some thread about someone extracting the stock and ported recovery and renaming mount points. I also saw another one where you could get the correct mount points from your phone and copy it into the ported recovery.
But i just wanted to ask you first if its that same issue im having or i should wipe system or something like that. And if its mount point issue, should i follow the guidelines of the thread or i should upload my stock and ported recovery here? Thanks in advance!

It might be a mount point issue, or you had set system to read only or something.
Unpack both stock and twrp recovery then use the values in recovery.ftab (ramdisk/etc) of stock to adjust that in twrp

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Timmylog
Timmylog
Timmylog
Experienced Member
12-09-2020, 12:07 PM

About the miracle box, can i use it to flash a firmware that i downloaded from the website or it's only used to flash roms it dumped?
And about sp flash tool... It still gives me that invalid preloader error, even after i checked your fix to make sure both names are the same alphabet cases
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
12-09-2020, 03:25 PM
(12-09-2020, 12:07 PM)Timmylog About the miracle box, can i use it to flash a firmware that i downloaded from the website or it's only used to flash roms it dumped?
And about sp flash tool... It still gives me that invalid preloader error, even after i checked your fix to make sure both names are the same alphabet cases

most cases miracle support only firmware it backedup.

trick I use in flashing with miracle box is, take backup of my phone then copy and replace the stock rom scatter file with that from backup folder then rename files to miracle supported extension (.bin).
files you need to rename are recovery.bin boot.bin & system.bin then try flashing with miracle box.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
12-09-2020, 05:04 PM
(12-09-2020, 12:07 PM)Timmylog About the miracle box, can i use it to flash a firmware that i downloaded from the website or it's only used to flash roms it dumped?

this thread has more than served its purpose
create a new thread for new device issues
Pages (11): Previous 17 8 9 10 11