Hovatek Forum DESKTOP Windows [Please help] Updating display adapters breaks windows
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Updating display adapters breaks windows

[Please help] Updating display adapters breaks windows

Marsian8
Marsian8
Marsian8
02-01-2020, 04:33 PM

So, recently I've been facing quite a strange issue with my HP all-in-one 18 5201ix. Now my PC is a potato on it's own but at least I was able to play some great game titles on decent settings but recently my display adapter is behaving in an odd manner.
My PC has an AMD radeon R2 with integrated graphics but when I have the proper drivers for it installed, my pc starts randomly stuttering and freezing (freezes for a little bit and then continues as normal before freezing again) but when I uninstall the drivers and run on Microsoft Basic Display adapters, My PC works just fine but the only problem is Basic Adapters can't run anything even Minecraft doesn't start, just says OpenGL rendering not supported.
So, Great folks at Hovatek, I really need your help in dealing with this issue, How can I install the drivers for my chipset without my PC just freezing every other second.
Thanks in advance

P.S- My PC used to work just fine like 6 months ago with proper drivers installed, the issue has started only recently, I also tried installing old drivers but that didn't help either. Also, Even with the drivers installed, My PC runs fine if it's on safe mode.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
03-01-2020, 10:09 AM
(02-01-2020, 04:33 PM)Marsian8 So, recently I've been facing quite a strange issue with my HP all-in-one 18 5201ix. Now my PC is a potato on it's own but at least I was able to play some great game titles on decent settings but recently my display adapter is behaving in an odd manner.
My PC has an AMD radeon R2 with integrated graphics but when I have the proper drivers for it installed, my pc starts randomly stuttering and freezing (freezes for a little bit and then continues as normal before freezing again) but when I uninstall the drivers and run on Microsoft Basic Display adapters, My PC works just fine but the only problem is Basic Adapters can't run anything even Minecraft doesn't start, just says OpenGL rendering not supported.
So, Great folks at Hovatek, I really need your help in dealing with this issue, How can I install the drivers for my chipset without my PC just freezing every other second.
Thanks in advance

P.S- My PC used to work just fine like 6 months ago with proper drivers installed, the issue has started only recently, I also tried installing old drivers but that didn't help either. Also, Even with the drivers installed, My PC runs fine if it's on safe mode.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp72501-7...p72950.exe ; is this the same driver you downloaded and installed?
you reinstalled windows? if yes, you should have a windows.old folder in C drive if you didn't format the hdd, have you tried installing the driver from within this window.old that is assuming you didn't have this problem before reinstalling windows
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
04-01-2020, 04:27 PM
(02-01-2020, 04:33 PM)Marsian8 So, recently I've been facing quite a strange issue with my HP all-in-one 18 5201ix. Now my PC is a potato on it's own but at least I was able to play some great game titles on decent settings but recently my display adapter is behaving in an odd manner.
Thanks in advance

1. What version of Windows is it running on?
2. Have you tried disabling hardware acceleration?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Marsian8
Marsian8
Marsian8
08-01-2020, 07:09 PM
(04-01-2020, 04:27 PM)hovatek 1. What version of Windows is it running on?
2. Have you tried disabling hardware acceleration?

Running on windows 10 and there's no option for hardware acceleration
Marsian8
Marsian8
Marsian8
08-01-2020, 07:11 PM

(03-01-2020, 10:09 AM)X3non
Thanks in advance

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp72501-7...p72950.exe ; is this the same driver you downloaded and installed?
you reinstalled windows? if yes, you should have a windows.old folder in C drive if you didn't format the hdd, have you tried installing the driver from within this window.old that is assuming you didn't have this problem before reinstalling windows
Not exactly, I downloaded the latest drivers from amd's official website for my specific cpu integrated graphics [AMD E1 with radeon R2]
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
08-01-2020, 07:39 PM
(08-01-2020, 07:11 PM)Marsian8
(03-01-2020, 10:09 AM)X3non
Thanks in advance

Not exactly, I downloaded the latest drivers from amd's official website for my specific cpu integrated graphics [AMD E1 with radeon R2]

Have you updated the BIOS software?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
09-01-2020, 11:42 AM
(08-01-2020, 07:11 PM)Marsian8 Not exactly, I downloaded the latest drivers from amd's official website for my specific cpu integrated graphics [AMD E1 with radeon R2]

the above is the driver enlisted for your PC model on hp support website; https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/sel...el/7269081
download and try it out
Marsian8
Marsian8
Marsian8
03-02-2020, 04:08 PM
(09-01-2020, 11:42 AM)X3non
(08-01-2020, 07:11 PM)Marsian8

the above is the driver enlisted for your PC model on hp support website; https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/sel...el/7269081
download and try it out

Unsurprisingly, that fixed it. Wonder why I did not try that earlier

Sent from my Moto G 2014 using Hovatek Mobile