Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android [Tutorial] How to unlock Unisoc (SPD) bootloader using Identifier Token
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Tutorial] How to unlock Unisoc (SPD) bootloader using Identifier Token

[Tutorial] How to unlock Unisoc (SPD) bootloader using Identifier Token

Pages (33): 1 2 3 4 533 Next
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
12-02-2020, 06:25 PM

This tutorial will explain how to unlock a Unisoc / Spreadtrum (SPD) Android device's bootloader using its Identifier Token. This guide is ideal for those who had tried the generic fastboot bootloader unlock guide but had no success due to fastboot commands not getting recognized e.g

Code:

FAILED (remote: 'unknown cmd.')
fastboot: error: Command failed

Requirements

How to unlock Unisoc (SPD) bootloader using Identifier Token

Follow the steps below to unlock the bootloader of Unisoc (SPD) devices

See the Video below or @ https://youtu.be/HhBTezxlAYw

1. Open the modified_fastboot folder, right-click then select Open in Terminal

2. Test detection using

Code:

./fastboot devices

3. Get Identifier Token using
    Code:

./fastboot oem get_identifier_token

4. You should get an output like
    Identifier token:
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    OKAY [  0.019s]
    finished. total time: 0.019s

5. Copy out the Identifier token

6. Run this command ; replace XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX with your Identifier token
    Code:

./signidentifier_unlockbootloader.sh XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX rsa4096_vbmeta.pem signature.bin

7. You should have an output like
    Identifier sign script, ver 0.10
    1+0 records in
    1+0 records out
    50 bytes copied, 0.000257562 s, 194 kB/s
    Identifier sign successfully

8. You should also see a signature.bin file in the modified_fastboot folder

9. Finally, run this command
    Code:

./fastboot flashing unlock_bootloader signature.bin

10. You should get a prompt on the device asking you to push a volume button to confirm unlock, do so

[Image: bootloader-unlock-confirmation.webp]

11. You should now have an output like
    downloading 'unlock_message'...
    OKAY [  0.001s]
    unlocking bootloader...
    Info:Unlock bootloader success!  OKAY [ 85.787s]
    finished. total time: 85.788s

12. Reboot the device using
    Code:

./fastboot reboot

13. Your bootloader should now be unlocked

Important Notice
  • This guide isn't guaranteed to work on all Unisoc devices especially if they require a different private key
  • If you're still getting
    Code:

FAILED (remote: 'unknown cmd.')
    fastboot: error: Command failed
    Then your model must be using custom private keys, not the default one. You'll need that key to unlock the bootloader.
  • You can enter bootloader by first booting the device into recovery mode then selecting Reboot to Bootloader
  • Unlocking the bootloader wipes your data so ensure to back up important stuff first
  • To hide the Warning: Lock flag is: unlock, skip verify!!! message, try flash stock vbmeta using
    Code:

fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
    Note that --disable-verification requires encryption to be disabled first else you'll have a boot loop
  • For those who wish to relock their bootloader, then simply run the fastboot command below
    Code:

fastboot flashing lock_bootloader
  • If you run into permission issues while running fastboot then run
    Code:

sudo -i
    sudo usermod -aG plugdev root
    and cd back into the fastboot folder
  • If you still encounter permission denied error then right-click the fastboot file > permissions > tick the checkbox for allow executing as a program then save and retry running a fastboot command
  • If you encounter /usr/bin/dd : input/output error, then the current folder dd has no write access to the current folder. Change the permissions of the current folder
  • Credits goes to ruslan_3_ for originally sharing the bootloader unlock tool & Petercxy

Video Transcript
Quote:In this video tutorial, I'll be explaining how to unlock the bootloader of a Unisoc (Spreadtrum) Android 9 (Pie) device using its unlock token. Now, you're going to need this modified fastboot. You're also going to need this private key used to sign a lot of Unisoc devices. You're going to need these scripts. Also, you're going to use a Linux based PC so make sure you get that in place. Now, once you have these in place, launch terminal by right-clicking and you select Open in Terminal.

Now, you're going to (or might) run into a couple of issues when using Linux as I did so this is just how to go about (fixing) them. You're going to first elevate your permission level then you're going to run this command to enable you have the permission you need to run fastboot. Now you're going to cd back to the fastboot folder so you just copy the path up here, paste then you tap Enter. Now you're back in fastboot directory. You boot the device into fastboot mode, you can use any method you wish. I boot from recovery mode usually and then I have detection. Next you get the identifier token by running this command.

Now, you select the identifier token then you paste it into this next command. Make sure there's just a space between the token and the private key in the command. Now you select.. sorry, select this, paste and and run (tap Enter). This is going to generate a signature.bin file. Yes, this is the file. Now, you're going to unlock bootloader proper. You paste. At this point, usually, your device is going to request for you to hold a button. I'm yet to run the command though but usually, your device would ask you to authenticate or verify Bootloader unlock either by pressing a button or thereabout. I'm going to run this right now and on my device, I have a confirmation prompt. In my case, I need to just tap volume down. Its going to vary with yours.

Once that is done, you're going to have the phone going into Erase Mode. Its going to erase your data so ensure you had backed up your important stuff before unlocking the bootloader and wait till that is done. Once the bootloader is done (with) unlocking, you're going to have a success message like I have here. At this point, you can either disconnect and boot up the device by holding the power button or you could run fastboot reboot. So that's how to unlock the bootloader of a Unisoc (SPD) Android 9 (Pie) device using its unlock token.     
This post was last modified: 08-11-2023, 06:48 PM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
clay#027
clay#027
clay#027
28-02-2020, 06:25 AM
can I just replace that modified fastboot in sdk platform tool folder that already installed in c drive sir ?
I'm talking about windows 10 without Ubuntu setup on it
This post was last modified: 28-02-2020, 06:39 AM by clay#027.
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
28-02-2020, 10:32 AM
(28-02-2020, 06:25 AM)clay#027 can I just replace that modified fastboot in sdk platform tool folder that already installed in c drive sir ?

you can do that or run the fastboot cmd directly by pressing the shift key > right click and open cmd command here.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
28-02-2020, 10:37 AM
(28-02-2020, 06:25 AM)clay#027 can I just replace that modified fastboot in sdk platform tool folder that already installed in c drive sir ?

no, you can't use the fastboot here on windows. you must use a linux os
clay#027
clay#027
clay#027
28-02-2020, 01:03 PM

then should I do a little modify those files permission on it like chmod or something?
files in modified fastboot directory in case
clay#027
clay#027
clay#027
28-02-2020, 01:05 PM
so which r right? can or can't do this in windows?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
28-02-2020, 05:50 PM
(28-02-2020, 01:03 PM)clay#027 then should I do a little modify those files permission on it like chmod or something?
files in modified fastboot directory in case

don't understand what you mean by this. from the guide's point of view, there no need to modify any file permission

(28-02-2020, 01:05 PM)clay#027 so which r right? can or can't do this in windows?

No, you can't use this on windows. I have already answered this in my previous reply
clay#027
clay#027
clay#027
29-02-2020, 12:23 AM
so I can just use this without changing permission ok and I can't doing this in windows os ok I got it,
for that cuz innagee said that I can do that, that's why I'm asking that again sorry but anyway thanks for ur answer
simone
simone
simone
Enthusiastic Member
06-05-2020, 06:37 PM
Hi, im using this guide to root teclast p80x, in my win 10 i create a usb live with ubuntu inside, it works. Now when i try t o follow the command in fastboot ( cd path) it gave an error, bash no such a file or directory.... Since im not familiar with ubuntu and since it is live version maybe do i need to install some command or libs? i repeat that im not familiar with it so plaese if you can point me some hint would be great. Thanks in advange and compliment for this site .
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
07-05-2020, 09:50 AM

(06-05-2020, 06:37 PM)simone Hi, im using this guide to root teclast p80x, in my win 10 i create a usb live with ubuntu inside, it works. Now when i try t o follow the command in fastboot ( cd path) it gave an error, bash no such a file or directory.... Since im not familiar with ubuntu and since it is live version maybe do i need to install some command or libs? i repeat that im not familiar with it so plaese if you can point me some hint would be great. Thanks in advange and compliment for this site .

create a new thread for your device issue by clicking "ask question" at the top and also attach a full screenshot of the error
you can upload your screenshot to imgur.com then post the link in your new thread
This post was last modified: 07-05-2020, 09:51 AM by X3non.
Pages (33): 1 2 3 4 533 Next