Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Unlocking bootloader and rooting huawei y3ii - LUA L22
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Unlocking bootloader and rooting huawei y3ii - LUA L22

[Please help] Unlocking bootloader and rooting huawei y3ii - LUA L22

hoimoiboi
hoimoiboi
hoimoiboi
01-05-2020, 04:46 PM

Phone: Huawei Y3ii(4g)/Honor Bee 2 - LUA L22
So I need help rooting my phone.
I can't unlock the bootloader because huawei stopped giving unlock codes. 

I tried DC unlocker but I can't get the phone into engineer mode. I can get into project menu but there is no option to get into engineer mode (I've got Google, production and "other" modes).
I tried apps which are supposed to get me into engineer mode but none worked. But I do have a system app called engineer mode.

I tried another app called called hcu client, it's got something called mtk USB debugging mode which looks like it'll work but I can't purchase it and can't seem to find a crack.
I don't know if it's allowed to ask for cracks here but if someone knows where I can get one for hcu client or fly captain huawei module please tell me. 

Is there any other way I can get it unlocked?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
02-05-2020, 11:42 AM
(01-05-2020, 04:46 PM)hoimoiboi ...
Is there any other way I can get it unlocked?

None that i'm aware of
hoimoiboi
hoimoiboi
hoimoiboi
02-05-2020, 01:03 PM
(02-05-2020, 11:42 AM)X3non None that i'm aware of
Well that's just great. Never getting a huawei again. 

Thanks man.
hoimoiboi
hoimoiboi
hoimoiboi
02-05-2020, 05:34 PM
So I tried to flash the stock recovery with miracle thunder and it actually worked. So I got ambitious and tried flashing the magisk patched boot but the phone got in a boot loop( flashing original boot fixed it). Then I tried flashing TWRP but it ended up in a boot loop(when booting to the recovery) and then I tried porting stock recovery with your auto port tool but that ended up in a boot loop too. I guess being able to flash the backup is good but will it do any good in rooting the phone?

I can't  flash the preloader though.

Ok funny thing happened, I tried flashing a few more times (didn't work) and the phone ended up formatting itself.
This post was last modified: 02-05-2020, 05:56 PM by hoimoiboi.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
04-05-2020, 09:22 AM

(02-05-2020, 05:34 PM)hoimoiboi So I tried to flash the stock recovery with miracle thunder and it actually worked. So I got ambitious and tried flashing the magisk patched boot but the phone got in a boot loop( flashing original boot fixed it). Then I tried flashing TWRP but it ended up in a boot loop(when booting to the recovery) and then I tried porting stock recovery with your auto port tool but that ended up in a boot loop too. I guess being able to flash the backup is good but will it do any good in rooting the phone?

I can't  flash the preloader though.

Ok funny thing happened, I tried flashing a few more times (didn't work) and the phone ended up formatting itself.

won't do any good because it's the bootloader rejecting the custom images. your device doesn't have dm_verity
you could try flashing your full backup including userdata, if that works then you should get your phone back to how it was before you made the backup
hoimoiboi
hoimoiboi
hoimoiboi
04-05-2020, 04:00 PM
(04-05-2020, 09:22 AM)X3non

won't do any good because it's the bootloader rejecting the custom images. your device doesn't have dm_verity
you could try flashing your full backup including userdata, if that works then you should get your phone back to how it was before you made the backup

Yeah I'd flashed userdata and it's fine now. Still kinda sad that a week went wasted on this :-)
This post was last modified: 04-05-2020, 04:02 PM by hoimoiboi.