Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android How can I safely root Android 10
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

How can I safely root Android 10

How can I safely root Android 10

DivergentSony
DivergentSony
DivergentSony
Techie Member
28-07-2020, 06:51 PM

Pls how can I root android 10 device safely without bricking or any issues?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
29-07-2020, 09:21 AM
(28-07-2020, 06:51 PM)DivergentSony Pls how can I root android 10 device safely without bricking or any issues?

unless there's a specific guide that's been written for the said device, anything else then you'll be trying at your discretion
generally, unlock bootloader > flash empty vbmeta (confirm the device doesn't brick) > patch boot using magisk and flash patched boot
DivergentSony
DivergentSony
DivergentSony
Techie Member
29-07-2020, 11:46 AM
(29-07-2020, 09:21 AM)X3non unless there's a specific guide that's been written for the said device, anything else then you'll be trying at your discretion
generally, unlock bootloader > flash empty vbmeta (confirm the device doesn't brick) > patch boot using magisk and flash patched boot

Can You help me to explain a bit further that "flash empty vbmeta (confirm the device doesn't brick)" part?

Then are You basically saying I can use the same procedure I used in rooting my own Tecno WX3P running android 7 to root the Android 10?
The phone is Umidigi A3x
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
30-07-2020, 09:39 AM
(29-07-2020, 11:46 AM)DivergentSony Can You help me to explain a bit further that "flash empty vbmeta (confirm the device doesn't brick)" part?

Then are You basically saying I can use the same procedure I used in rooting my own Tecno WX3P running android 7 to root the Android 10?
The phone is Umidigi A3x

in general from android 8.x upwards, you need to disable dm_verity before attempting to flashing any custom image (for android 9 upwards in mtk, it's mostly done by flashing empty vbmeta, if the phone has been made to reject any modification to it's software then it'll get bricked regardless of the bootloader unlock status)

also you didn't need to disable dm_verity on tecno wx3p to get root neither did you need to unlock bootloader. so while it might look similar, i think it's not
DivergentSony
DivergentSony
DivergentSony
Techie Member
30-07-2020, 05:51 PM

Ok, thanks for the explanation. I now I now understand