Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Why does SP Flash tool not need any VCOM drivers when doing a readback on windows 10?
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

Why does SP Flash tool not need any VCOM drivers when doing a readback on windows 10?

Why does SP Flash tool not need any VCOM drivers when doing a readback on windows 10?

wilemansion
wilemansion
wilemansion
15-09-2020, 05:01 PM

I used a Lenovo laptop running Windows 10 and didnt install any VCOM USB drivers yet sp flash tool (v5.1952) still completed the readback fine. I was under the impression that VCOM Drivers are needed for SP Flash tool to work. Why did it work fine without them?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
16-09-2020, 11:36 AM
(15-09-2020, 05:01 PM)wilemansion I used a Lenovo laptop running Windows 10 and didnt install any VCOM USB drivers yet sp flash tool (v5.1952) still completed the readback fine. I was under the impression that VCOM Drivers are needed for SP Flash tool to work. Why did it work fine without them?

it's either you had a previous installation of vcom drivers or somehow it got downloaded and installed (this could be possible on windows 10)
when carrying out the readback operation, you can launch device manager and check under the Ports section
you will find the connected device there