Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Hard Brick BDF Tablet After Flashing VBMETA
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

Hard Brick BDF Tablet After Flashing VBMETA

Hard Brick BDF Tablet After Flashing VBMETA

Pages (2): Previous 1 2
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
18-10-2020, 05:10 AM

(13-10-2020, 10:56 PM)robworkman Hi again, I made a bit of progress... if it can be called that.

I was able to get BeTools to read the XMLs after doing a rename. It also recognized the tablet when I plugged it in. Unfortunately, it would not begin to flash anything at all - just getting stuck on FDL. On one of the attempts, I unchecked FDL and FDL2 from the flash list and things looked like they were about to go. It tried to flash VBMETA, but gave an "Incompatible Partition" error.

After that, the tablet won't even power on. I've tried every combination of holding down buttions, unplugging, plugging in while standing upside-down, etc... and I just get a black screen. From the speakers, I can hear a hiss like it's trying to power on, it just won't go past the black screen. It won't even show the logo anymore.

Unfortunately, I might be out of luck on this one unless you have any other tips.

Thanks!

All you have to flash is vbmeta and you'll need FDL 1&2 for that. Disconnect and reconnect the device's battery and retry

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
robworkman
robworkman
robworkman
Enthusiastic Member
19-10-2020, 02:53 AM
(18-10-2020, 05:10 AM)Hi, again. Thanks for the suggestions, but the battery is unfortunately not removable in this tablet - and I really don't want to break into it.

That said, I FINALLY ran into a bit of good luck! I grabbed an old Toshiba TECRA laptop from my basement on which I had installed Windows 7. Fortunately, it was much easier to install all the Spreadtrum drivers on that Operating System than Windows 10 (easier to bypass Driver Signing).

After doing that, I was able to get BeTools to recognize the tablet properly and it started flashing! I now have the tablet working again (with the bootloader still unlocked!).

Just in case it's of any interest to you, or can benefit anyone else, I've zipped the XML files as you requested. I've included both the original filename, and my renamed one to remove the Chinese characters. I don't see much difference between the 6 files, other than the file name - so I picked one at random to flash (which fortunately worked). If you see any key differences, I'd appreciate the info for future reference.

One final question though is do you by chance have a post on how to sign an Empty VBMETA file? I'd really like to flash TWRP recovery, but the "signing" seems to be getting in my way. I'd like to remove the need to have signed partitions... recovery, boot, system, etc.

Thanks again for your advice - and the info you have on this forum has been quite helpful.

Cheers!
Attached Files
.7z
BDFM107Android9.7z
Size: 2.99 KB / Downloads: 12
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
19-10-2020, 12:46 PM
(19-10-2020, 02:53 AM)robworkman
(18-10-2020, 05:10 AM)Hi, again. Thanks for the suggestions, but the battery is unfortunately not removable in this tablet - and I really don't want to break into it.

That said, I FINALLY ran into a bit of good luck! I grabbed an old Toshiba TECRA laptop from my basement on which I had installed Windows 7. Fortunately, it was much easier to install all the Spreadtrum drivers on that Operating System than Windows 10 (easier to bypass Driver Signing).

After doing that, I was able to get BeTools to recognize the tablet properly and it started flashing! I now have the tablet working again (with the bootloader still unlocked!).

Just in case it's of any interest to you, or can benefit anyone else, I've zipped the XML files as you requested. I've included both the original filename, and my renamed one to remove the Chinese characters. I don't see much difference between the 6 files, other than the file name - so I picked one at random to flash (which fortunately worked). If you see any key differences, I'd appreciate the info for future reference.

One final question though is do you by chance have a post on how to sign an Empty VBMETA file? I'd really like to flash TWRP recovery, but the "signing" seems to be getting in my way. I'd like to remove the need to have signed partitions... recovery, boot, system, etc.

Thanks again for your advice - and the info you have on this forum has been quite helpful.

Cheers!

judging by the filelist and also that fdl2 is the same as uboot
fdl2 is wqma190003
fdl1 is either wp*** or wz*** , my guess is that it's wp***

these xml files are similar to bmaconfig (with the difference been the hardware values), you could try generating a pac file using the guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-1232.html
then attempt to flash pac using the guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-1231.html
This post was last modified: 19-10-2020, 12:47 PM by X3non.
robworkman
robworkman
robworkman
Enthusiastic Member
23-10-2020, 03:40 AM
Thank you very much (again!).

I will give those posts a read.

Do you by chance also have a post on how to sign an Empty VBMETA file? I'd really like to flash TWRP recovery, but the "signing" seems to be getting in my way. I'd like to remove the need to have signed partitions... recovery, boot, system, etc.

Cheers
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
23-10-2020, 11:29 AM

(23-10-2020, 03:40 AM)robworkman ...
Do you by chance also have a post on how to sign an Empty VBMETA file? I'd really like to flash TWRP recovery, but the "signing" seems to be getting in my way. I'd like to remove the need to have signed partitions... recovery, boot, system, etc.

Cheers

you'll need to create your own custom vbmeta if you intend to flash custom images
use the guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-32678.html ; as an example
Pages (2): Previous 1 2