Hovatek Forum HARDWARE Boxes and Dongles How to convert spd_prog firmware to .pac firmware.
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

How to convert spd_prog firmware to .pac firmware.

How to convert spd_prog firmware to .pac firmware.

Dilone61
Dilone61
Dilone61
Experienced Member
09-11-2020, 02:31 AM

Hi, this question has disturbed me for a very long time. I have firmwares that were backed up using CM2SP2, and they are in that format of "SPD_prog. I would like to convert them back to pac file to be flashed using research download tool or Upgrade tool because I don't have CM2sp2 or CM2spd. How do I go about with it? Thanks a lot.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
09-11-2020, 11:29 AM
(09-11-2020, 02:31 AM)Dilone61 Hi, this question has disturbed me for a very long time. I have firmwares that were backed up using CM2SP2, and they are in that format of "SPD_prog. I would like to convert them back to pac file to be flashed using research download tool or Upgrade tool because I don't have CM2sp2 or CM2spd. How do I go about with it? Thanks a lot.

you've already been replied to this
you can't convert, you can only flash using the same cm2sp2 tool
Dilone61
Dilone61
Dilone61
Experienced Member
11-11-2020, 01:19 AM
(09-11-2020, 11:29 AM)X3non
(09-11-2020, 02:31 AM)Dilone61 Hi, this question has disturbed me for a very long time. I have firmwares that were backed up using CM2SP2, and they are in that format of "SPD_prog. I would like to convert them back to pac file to be flashed using research download tool or Upgrade tool because I don't have CM2sp2 or CM2spd. How do I go about with it? Thanks a lot.

you've already been replied to this
you can't convert, you can only flash using the same cm2sp2 tool

Thanks a lot for your answer. And, during the readBack process with CM2sp2 or CM2spd, is it possible for me to choose the format with which the tool saves the firmware file? For example if I want it to save it in the usual pac.sc format which is convertable back to .pac file to be used with other tools like research download or upgrade tool?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
11-11-2020, 02:54 PM
(11-11-2020, 01:19 AM)Dilone61 Thanks a lot for your answer. And, during the readBack process with CM2sp2 or CM2spd, is it possible for me to choose the format with which the tool saves the firmware file? For example if I want it to save it in the usual pac.sc format which is convertable back to .pac file to be used with other tools like research download or upgrade tool?

you can't choose backup format
only old versions of the spd module uses the pac.sc which can be converted then again old versions don't support newer chipsets