Hovatek Forum DESKTOP Mac Unable to open bitlocker drive on macbook pro
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Unable to open bitlocker drive on macbook pro

Unable to open bitlocker drive on macbook pro

Rimyu78
Rimyu78
Rimyu78
30-11-2020, 10:12 AM

When I plug in a bitlocker drive, My mac pops up a warning message and the drive name is not shown up in Finder sidebar. What I should do in order to copy content from BitLocker drive on my Mac?
maxpayne
maxpayne
maxpayne
Contributor
01-12-2020, 05:06 PM
(30-11-2020, 10:12 AM)Rimyu78 When I plug in a bitlocker drive, My mac pops up a warning message and the drive name is not shown up in Finder sidebar. What I should do in order to copy content from BitLocker drive on my Mac?

You would need a third party tool like M3 bitlocker loader if you can't get access to a Windows PC to copy out the files to an unencrypted flash drive
Ellenstahl
Ellenstahl
Ellenstahl
02-12-2020, 07:10 AM
(30-11-2020, 10:12 AM)Rimyu78 When I plug in a bitlocker drive, My mac pops up a warning message and the drive name is not shown up in Finder sidebar. What I should do in order to copy content from BitLocker drive on my Mac?
Is this an encrypted BitLocker drive?
Now about how to open BitLocker drive?Recommend a few conventional methods to enable you to open the BitLocker drive,
BitLocker was developed by Microsoft,so one of the safest methods is to turn on BitLocker with the help of Windows OS on your Mac.
You are able to open BitLocker drive with Reformatting,you need to ask the Disk Utility app for help,but the disadvantage is that it may cause data loss on the device.
Share the last method,it will use a third-party tool to open BitLocker drive on Mac.
This post was last modified: 08-12-2020, 09:04 AM by Ellenstahl.
Rimyu78
Rimyu78
Rimyu78
03-12-2020, 03:04 AM
(01-12-2020, 05:06 PM)maxpayne

You would need a third party tool like M3 bitlocker loader if you can't get access to a Windows PC to copy out the files to an unencrypted flash drive

it is hard to get it working on my Mac, lol