Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Huawei P8 Lite ALE-LO2 Upgrade
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Huawei P8 Lite ALE-LO2 Upgrade

Huawei P8 Lite ALE-LO2 Upgrade

fairdinkum
fairdinkum
fairdinkum
21-02-2021, 06:38 AM

Could someone please inform if there is stable compatible firmware upgrade for Huawei P8 Lite from Android 5.0.1 to 6.0
(Model ALE-LO2, Build Number ALE-LO2C672B140)

There are a number of upgrade files available for ALE-LO2 but because there are different sub-models of ALE-LO2, some are dual sim, mine is single SIM, (New Zealand region) so not sure if all are compatible or not.

Please instruct how to flash, or do I this via MRT software?
Thespartann
Thespartann
Thespartann
21-02-2021, 01:30 PM
Hi!

Yes there is a stable update for Huawei P8 Lite for 6.0.
You can download it from here: http://update.dbankcdn.com/TDS/data/file...l_base.zip

You need a sdcard to upgrade or downgrade firmware. After you downloaded the zip extract it and you should get an UPDATE.APP file. You need to create a folder named dload on your P8 Lite and copy the UPDATE.APP in it. After that shut down your phone and press all 3 buttons for a few seconds and it should start upgrading, that is it! Big Grin

Pro tip: On 5.x on the Huawei P8 lite you can get your bootloader unlock code easily wihout any tools as on 5.x you can root. If you wish to do that i can send you a guide, i actually develop roms for the huawei p8 lite and having the bootloader unlock code is useful as huawei doesn't provide it anymore and you can improve stock rom performance or flash custom roms if you have your bootloader unlocked.

Good luck,
Stefan
fairdinkum
fairdinkum
fairdinkum
04-03-2021, 10:03 AM
(21-02-2021, 01:30 PM)Thespartann Hi!

Yes there is a stable update for Huawei P8 Lite for 6.0.
You can download it from here: http://update.dbankcdn.com/TDS/data/file...l_base.zip

You need a sdcard to upgrade or downgrade firmware. After you downloaded the zip extract it and you should get an UPDATE.APP file. You need to create a folder named dload on your P8 Lite and copy the UPDATE.APP in it. After that shut down your phone and press all 3 buttons for a few seconds and it should start upgrading, that is it! Big Grin

Pro tip: On 5.x on the Huawei P8 lite you can get your bootloader unlock code easily wihout any tools as on 5.x you can root. If you wish to do that i can send you a guide, i actually develop roms for the huawei p8 lite and having the bootloader unlock code is useful as huawei doesn't provide it anymore and you can improve stock rom performance or flash custom roms if you have your bootloader unlocked.

Good luck,
Stefan

Kudos to Stefan and to other developers out there!

We need more people like that - why throw away old phones to waste when they can be upgraded?

(I am still hoping there is a stable Android grade for my very first phone Samsung Galaxy Y)

What's the difference between 5.X and 6.0?
I do have some Apps (includes banking) that require Android 6.0 and above - does that mean the 5.X upgrade would not be useful?

Also how do some people convert a phone to dual sim?
fairdinkum
fairdinkum
fairdinkum
05-03-2021, 06:02 AM
There is an error when accessing http://update.dbankcdn.com/TDS/data/file...l_base.zip

Is there a full version URL?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
05-03-2021, 11:24 AM

(05-03-2021, 06:02 AM)fairdinkum Is there a full version URL?

the link's OP contains a direct dl link, click on the link directly from the post
highlighting text then copying breaks the link
fairdinkum
fairdinkum
fairdinkum
08-03-2021, 11:10 AM
(05-03-2021, 11:24 AM)X3non
(05-03-2021, 06:02 AM)fairdinkum Is there a full version URL?

the link's OP contains a direct dl link, click on the link directly from the post
highlighting text then copying breaks the link

I clicked on the link, a new tab pops up but it is empty but says "An error occurred"
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
09-03-2021, 10:10 AM
(08-03-2021, 11:10 AM)fairdinkum I clicked on the link, a new tab pops up but it is empty but says "An error occurred"

use a different browser, the link works fine here
PC chrome and opera browsers