Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android I need example scatter file with Boot certificate
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

I need example scatter file with Boot certificate

I need example scatter file with Boot certificate

Aliaksei Kuzniatsou
Aliaksei Kuzniatsou
Aliaksei Kuzniatsou
Enthusiastic Member
14-09-2021, 10:16 AM

Hi.
I have gps tracker on mt2503 (mt6261). I made a dump of ROM. And then I made scatter file with 4 blocks: int_bootloader, ext_bootloader, main_maui, VIVA. I found fifth block in dump file. When I reflash board with my new scatter file, I got a brick. Flashtool say that I have root cert chip. I know that this 5th block is root certificate but I don't know how insert it to the scatter file.
Does anybody know how to disable root certificate? And I need example scatter file with root certificate.
I'm not so good in mtk chips and I could be wrong.
Sorry for my English.
Thank you
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
15-09-2021, 03:15 PM
(14-09-2021, 10:16 AM)Aliaksei Kuzniatsou Hi.
I have gps tracker on mt2503 (mt6261). I made a dump of ROM. And then I made scatter file with 4 blocks: int_bootloader, ext_bootloader, main_maui, VIVA. I found fifth block in dump file. When I reflash board with my new scatter file, I got a brick. Flashtool say that I have root cert chip. I know that this 5th block is root certificate but I don't know how insert it to the scatter file.
Does anybody know how to disable root certificate? And I need example scatter file with root certificate.
I'm not so good in mtk chips and I could be wrong.
Sorry for my English.
Thank you

did you flash this back to the same device you took the readback from?
can you get access to the same device that's still working properly?
Aliaksei Kuzniatsou
Aliaksei Kuzniatsou
Aliaksei Kuzniatsou
Enthusiastic Member
15-09-2021, 05:19 PM
Hi.
Ok. I have 1 device with open firmware and I can read and write flash via Flashtool, Miracle Thunder.
And I have 1 device with modified secure firmware. I can read ROM via Flashtool, Miracle Thunder. But can't write. Miracle Thunder can't erase. Flashtool I can't use to write cuz I can't make scatter file (5 blocks). I can format NOR flash at Flashtool and then write dump file via Miracle Thunder. But device in reboot mode. I checked ROM. The dump file is properly written.
Aliaksei Kuzniatsou
Aliaksei Kuzniatsou
Aliaksei Kuzniatsou
Enthusiastic Member
16-09-2021, 03:01 PM
X3non
I added file with root certificate to scatter file. And Flashtool recognized it automatically.
And now I have another problem. I want to reflash mt6261 with new software(without certificate, any secure settings).
But Flashtool say that I have root certificate enabled chip and sec_ro area forbidden for writing.
Do you know any software to help me?
Thank you
Aliaksei Kuzniatsou
Aliaksei Kuzniatsou
Aliaksei Kuzniatsou
Enthusiastic Member
17-09-2021, 11:56 AM

Hi
I have mt6261. Flashtool say that I have root certificate enabled chip and sec_ro area forbidden for writing.
I have firmware without any root certificate and I want to download it.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
17-09-2021, 01:59 PM
(16-09-2021, 03:01 PM)Aliaksei Kuzniatsou X3non
I added file with root certificate to scatter file. And Flashtool recognized it automatically.
And now I have another problem. I want to reflash mt6261 with new software(without certificate, any secure settings).
But Flashtool say that I have root certificate enabled chip and sec_ro area forbidden for writing.
Thank you

there's an option to select rootcert file in flashtool, did you try selecting the option and choosing the rootcert file? maybe you didn't need to add it to the scatter file afterall
Aliaksei Kuzniatsou
Aliaksei Kuzniatsou
Aliaksei Kuzniatsou
Enthusiastic Member
20-09-2021, 08:10 AM
Hi
Yes, I can choose rootcert file. But i get an error that i want download un-secure maui/moly to secure. You know, some people said that I must solder to a new chip mt2503 cuz no way to rewrite secro block in it.
Thank you
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
20-09-2021, 01:13 PM
(20-09-2021, 08:10 AM)Aliaksei Kuzniatsou Hi
Yes, I can choose rootcert file. But i get an error that i want download un-secure maui/moly to secure. You know, some people said that I must solder to a new chip mt2503 cuz no way to rewrite secro block in it.
Thank you

i.e replacing the norflash chip entirely? there's a possibilty that it might work but if it's the case, then buying a non secure device might be more effective than replacing the chip, unless you know where to easily get a replacment chip
btw do you get this error when trying to flash backup from the secure device or backup from the non-secure device?