Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] DAMAGED SD CARD
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] DAMAGED SD CARD

[Please help] DAMAGED SD CARD

ExcellentAndroid
ExcellentAndroid
ExcellentAndroid
Respected Member
20-06-2015, 08:39 AM

Hello friends, please I seriously need your help. I have mistakenly damaged my 8GB Tecno SD Card, all started when I was deleting papartition from it using "command prompt (cmd)" on Windows 7. The cause was that I removed the sd card during the process not knowing that it was bad to do so. Now the pc does not detect the sd card but only detects it when I type "list disk" in cmd, but also in cmd, it says that the sd card is 0MB. Please help. Thanks in advance.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
20-06-2015, 10:45 AM
(20-06-2015, 08:39 AM)ExcellentAndroid Hello friends, please I seriously need your help. I have mistakenly damaged my 8GB Tecno SD Card, all started when I was deleting papartition from it using "command prompt (cmd)" on Windows 7. The cause was that I removed the sd card during the process not knowing that it was bad to do so. Now the pc does not detect the sd card but only detects it when I type "list disk" in cmd, but also in cmd, it says that the sd card is 0MB. Please help. Thanks in advance.

follow the guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/blog/how-to-fix-...usb-drive/

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
ExcellentAndroid
ExcellentAndroid
ExcellentAndroid
Respected Member
21-06-2015, 10:29 AM
(20-06-2015, 10:45 AM)hovatek
(20-06-2015, 08:39 AM)ExcellentAndroid Hello friends, please I seriously need your help. I have mistakenly damaged my 8GB Tecno SD Card, all started when I was deleting papartition from it using "command prompt (cmd)" on Windows 7. The cause was that I removed the sd card during the process not knowing that it was bad to do so. Now the pc does not detect the sd card but only detects it when I type "list disk" in cmd, but also in cmd, it says that the sd card is 0MB. Please help. Thanks in advance.

follow the guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/blog/how-to-fix-...usb-drive/

I tried chkdsk but it's saying "cannot open volume for direct access." I don't know why maybe because it's showing 0MB on SD Card. And sometimes it says no media. Please help.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
21-06-2015, 05:58 PM
(21-06-2015, 10:29 AM)ExcellentAndroid I tried chkdsk but it's saying "cannot open volume for direct access." I don't know why maybe because it's showing 0MB on SD Card. And sometimes it says no media. Please help.

does the SD card appear under disk management?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
klaud15
klaud15
klaud15
Enthusiastic Member
21-06-2015, 06:15 PM

Follow my lead
1) open cmd
2) type "diskpart"
3) type "list disk"
4) now select the sdcard by typing "select disk 2" assuming the sdcard is disk 2, replace the 2 with the appropriate number.
5) when the sdcard is selected, then type "clean"
6) followed by "create partition primary"
7) followed by "active"
8) followed by "format fs=fat32" (do not add "quick", because its not gonna format properly)
9) now be patient let it format the long way
10) if it completes successfully then type "assign"
11) now enjoy your sdcardo Smile
ExcellentAndroid
ExcellentAndroid
ExcellentAndroid
Respected Member
24-06-2015, 11:50 AM
Thank you guys for your replies, I appreciate. The problem is already fixed Smile I bought a new SD Card Reader and as soon as I plugged it to the PC, I was prompted to format SD Card and that fixed it. Heart