Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android my htc one x sensor calibration has stopped working
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

my htc one x sensor calibration has stopped working

my htc one x sensor calibration has stopped working

Pages (2): Previous 1 2
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
25-09-2014, 10:40 PM

(25-09-2014, 08:15 PM)Erase And I noticed that the call sensor isn't working too

You're yet to answer the questions. 
1. Did all these issues begin after the update?
2. What version of Android were you running on before the upgrade?
3. What version of Android are you currently running on?
4. What is the full model name of the phone (for us to locate its stock ROM)

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Erase
Erase
Erase
Respected Member
26-09-2014, 09:44 AM
Every thing was working well after the update. It was wen i was playing game and i needed to tilt. That was when i noticed it
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
26-09-2014, 10:05 AM
(26-09-2014, 09:44 AM)Erase Every thing was working well after the update. It was wen i was playing game and i needed to tilt. That was when i noticed it
Is it that the Acceleromemter was working fine (automatically changing screen orientation) until you began playing the game or you only noticed this when you began playing the game

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Erase
Erase
Erase
Respected Member
26-09-2014, 10:20 PM
I was running android 4.2.0 and I upgraded to 4.2.3 the HTC sense was 4.0 and I upgraded to 5.0 the brand is kernel version. Wen I updated the phone every thing was working. But I noticed the problem wen I was playin a game that needed tilting
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
27-09-2014, 12:16 AM

(26-09-2014, 10:20 PM)Erase I was running android 4.2.0 and I upgraded to 4.2.3 the HTC sense was 4.0 and I upgraded to 5.0 the brand is kernel version. Wen I updated the phone every thing was working. But I noticed the problem wen I was playin a game that needed tilting

That means the issue might have begun after the upgrade but you didnt notice. We'll be considering two options
* Downgrade
* Orientation settings

Note!
androgen
androgen
androgen
27-09-2014, 07:53 AM
You shold try downloading the HTC Sense 4.2 Stock ROM and reflash the phone.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
27-09-2014, 09:37 AM
(26-09-2014, 10:20 PM)Erase I was running android 4.2.0 and I upgraded to 4.2.3 the HTC sense was 4.0 and I upgraded to 5.0 the brand is kernel version. Wen I updated the phone every thing was working. But I noticed the problem wen I was playin a game that needed tilting

the cause is between using the phone on a low battery (need to charge the battery for long and wait for the calibration and backlight power to pickup) and faulty calibration setting

1. Slide the Notifications panel open, and then
tap .
2. Tap Display, gestures & buttons (or Display
& buttons ) and then tap G-Sensor calibration .
3. Place HTC One on a flat and level surface,
and then tap Calibrate .
4. After the recalibration process, tap OK.
This post was last modified: 06-10-2014, 11:34 AM by hovatek.

Note!
Erase
Erase
Erase
Respected Member
27-09-2014, 10:41 PM
With regards to the calibration sensor, we request you to recalibrate the screen if you feel that the screen orientation does not respond properly to the way you hold HTC One X.

1. Go to Settings, and then tap Display, gestures & buttons (or Display & buttons).
2. Tap G-Sensor calibration.
3. Place HTC One X on a flat and level surface, and then tap Calibrate.
4. After the recalibration process, tap OK.

In response to the proximity sensor, if you are using the screen protector, please check whether the proximity sensor is not covered or blocked.

If the issue still persist, boot the handset in safe mode and try using if for at least 24 hours with the third party application.

PURPOSE of safe mode : Safe Mode is a method that allows the device to run without non-essential applications. Before booting the phone in Safe Mode, please make sure you disable the Fast-boot option by going Menu>Settings>Power>Fast-boot. To boot your handset in Safe Mode, please turn it off and then back on.

STEPS for safe mode:
1. Press and hold 'Power key' > 'Restart' > now confirm once again by taping on 'Restart'.
2. As the device restart and give you the "HTC quietly brilliant" screen with the start up sound, press and hold 'Volume down key' until you get the home page on the device with Safe mode written on the bottom left of the screen.

To turn the device out of Safe mode just restart the device. If you notice your phone works just fine while in Safe Mode, this conflict should be caused by one of the third party applications installed in the phone.

We would recommend you to uninstall the application and reinstall each application individually everyday to figure out as which application is creating this issue.

For further assistance and accurate resolution, kindly provide us the serial number and IMEI number of your handset as we are unable to locate the same.
To retrieve the above mentioned information, please follow the below mentioned steps:

From the home screen tap 'Menu' > 'Settings' > 'About phone' > 'Phone identity'. You can also press *#06# on your device to retrieve the IMEI number. You can check for the IMEI and Serial Number on the phone bill and box.
Erase
Erase
Erase
Respected Member
10-10-2014, 04:03 AM
the above step didnt really fixed my problem, i noticed the exact problem with time. the thing their is that i think the calibration, call led light, and the botton light has a batrry that controlls it. so once i use the phone to a criticall battry level, it uses the the stored power for the calibration and once the power has bin use the calibration light, call led light and botton light will stoop working. but any time i charge the phone and the phone battry gets full, it takes extra one hour to charge the calibration battery. once its charged, everything starts working. it took me time to notice it. the first time it happened i was playing a game and it went off. and any time i charge my barry, once its full i will unplug the phone without allowing the callibration battry to charge. but one night i pluged my phone for it to charge and i slept off but when i woke up, the calibration started working. i tought the htc guys i contacted did something. and i played game with it untill the battery was flat again. wen i charged it for one hour and powered it the calibration wasnt working. so i plugged it for extra hour and checked the phone calibration it was working. since then any time it happens all i do is charge the even when its shows battery full, i charge it for extra one hour. that was how i found out what the problem was. just felt like sharing it with you guys. because i learn alot here.
thanx to HOVATEK. just a botton away
Pages (2): Previous 1 2