Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Phone (R7) won't boot after force start due to hanging
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Phone (R7) won't boot after force start due to hanging

[Please help] Phone (R7) won't boot after force start due to hanging

ekebo.etuk
ekebo.etuk
ekebo.etuk
17-08-2015, 03:08 PM

Recently my phone hangs after every two to three days reason unknown and I only get it back through resetting from recovery (CWM). At a point reset stopped working and I have to reflash a ROM to get the phone working but today trying to both didn't help and trying to flash a ROM show this error:

symlink: some symlinks failed
E:Error in /sdcard/Tecno_R7_CM11.zip (ROM name)
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

I've tried all I could inclusing trying different ROM all to no avail but what I haven't tried is the Stock ROM.

Kindly assist on what to do please.

Phone Model is Tecno R7 and was running on CM11 ROM, I started noticing the problem when I started using Titanium Backup to schedule backups. My guess is during the scheduled backup is when the phone freezes.

Thank you
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
18-08-2015, 04:33 AM
(17-08-2015, 03:08 PM)ekebo.etuk Recently my phone hangs after every two to three days reason unknown and I only get it back through resetting from recovery (CWM). At a point reset stopped working and I have to reflash a ROM to get the phone working but today trying to both didn't help and trying to flash a ROM show this error:

symlink: some symlinks failed
E:Error in /sdcard/Tecno_R7_CM11.zip (ROM name)
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

I've tried all I could inclusing trying different ROM all to no avail but what I haven't tried is the Stock ROM.

Kindly assist on what to do please.

Phone Model is Tecno R7 and was running on CM11 ROM, I started noticing the problem when I started using Titanium Backup to schedule backups. My guess is during the scheduled backup is when the phone freezes.

Thank you

supply a gmail address

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
ekebo.etuk
ekebo.etuk
ekebo.etuk
18-08-2015, 05:29 AM
I finally pushed the phone to start (lol). I reflashed stock system.img and recovery.img using SP flash tools. It happened that I got the file source after creating this thread and waiting for authorization.

Thank you
(ekebo.etuk@gmail.com)
This post was last modified: 18-08-2015, 05:59 AM by ekebo.etuk.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
18-08-2015, 11:03 AM
(18-08-2015, 05:29 AM)ekebo.etuk I finally pushed the phone to start (lol). I reflashed stock system.img and recovery.img using SP flash tools. It happened that I got the file source after creating this thread and waiting for authorization.

Thank you
(ekebo.etuk@gmail.com)

excellent.
sorry my reply came late, we were running some major system upgrades all through the weekend and into Monday

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.